Inthefrow #4 Lips filled & hair plugged, what a pair of absolute mugs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
THAT’s the major list she’s been working on for DAYS?! 👀 And she employs two other people to help????? AND she had followers give her names too????

That weak effort is really the mighty masterpiece she’s been teasing for days like it’d be the holy grail?!?😂😂😂😂

Not to mention, many of these black-owned businesses have completely sold out of merchandise already because they got on everyone’s radar DAYS AGO when we either took it upon ourselves to find them or real working creators quickly stepped up to the plate to get the word out.

Sorry Sis. Your lazy bum missed the train! Just go back to bed. 💤

It kind of reminds me of this old IG ad she did for some gym clothes. She danced around like a fool checking herself out in the mirror and by the time she finally posted the ad the clothes had ALL already SOLD OUT. Her comments were blowing up and she was like ohhhhh noooooo! I didn’t realizeeeeee they’d go so quicklyyy!! No sorry they’re not going to be restockedddd! Hopefully you were inspireeeed anywayyyy!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
wow a list, what a hard working influencer. Maybe put some more thought into it, maybe ask these companies if they would like to be featured in a blog post, get them to send you some freebies (not like you don't beg all the time), then get skater boy off his arse to take some pictures of the products, then you could even do a vlog and talk about it all. People love influencer recommendations, but a list is meaningless and tells them nothing. No one is going to sit and google 200 companies just to see what they're like. As per usual, there is no personal endorsement or effort put in, if there is nothing in it for her!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Re her comments about not being taught civil rights etc in schools - I do agree that this should be compulsory on the syllabus but also...we all know about things that weren't taught in schools? Because we take an interest in things as we become adults and look into it. A great example would be serial killers - people get obsessed with that kind of stuff and read online and increase their knowledge. So she (and anyone else) can't blame a lack of knowledge about civil rights completely on schools

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Here's a list I've lazily compiled now off you go and do the leg work yourself while I get to cover myself in glory!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Re her comments about not being taught civil rights etc in schools - I do agree that this should be compulsory on the syllabus but also...we all know about things that weren't taught in schools? Because we take an interest in things as we become adults and look into it. A great example would be serial killers - people get obsessed with that kind of stuff and read online and increase their knowledge. So she (and anyone else) can't blame a lack of knowledge about civil rights completely on schools
I agree with this. Of course the school curriculum could be changed, but there’s only so much teaching time so something would have to be moved off. so many bits of history are really important to learn I think it’s really difficult to teach in any depth. Also theres an assumption that just changing what history is taught to children will magically fix societal issues. I agree parents and people themselves need to take accountability and responsibility for their own learnings. Didn’t The BLM movement really gain some traction in 2016 so why have so many influencers not done any learning since then? Four years have passed. All Vicky can do is snap back that it’s not helpful to point that out. witch.

Reactions: 7
Here's a list I've lazily compiled now off you go and do the leg work yourself while I get to cover myself in glory!
I don't think she understands that this is about white people actually doing the work. She thinks the honour of being on her blog is enough. I imagine panic is starting to set in now too - all those sponsored videos of her makeup/morning/evening routine with yet another 'favourite' brand will be mounting up and it's not quite the right climate for posting them is it?

• Sick
This reminds me of Vic. It is by Jo Lorenz on instagram. The rest of the post is also worth a read but this stood out to me about Vic.

Not even just her recent posts, but also she has been profiting from sustainability (when we all know she is far from it) and race is a massive part of sustainable fashion yet I haven't once heard her mention it before.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
What a time for the influencer industry. As if the hit from COVID wasn't enough, now this. So many well articulated points here about Vic and her stepping in to be the saviour of black business. Lazy lazy lazy. She is paying lip service and it is very transparent. And yes, when normal service resumes with Aff links, shilling of non inclusive make up etc there is going to be a backlash. Did BLM ever matter to them? Interesting time.

Hi Victoria, well done for reading the comments and now posting photos on your stories of the companies and their products, wasn't a big effort was it, i mean in your busy day of course!

• Haha
I want to shake her and tell her this isn't all about her. she's the type to go on a protest and spend the whole time taking photos of herself.

• Haha
What is with the picture of the pink house? What has that got to do with anything? Does not want to ruin the Instagram aesthetic she is so proud of?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
awful. Just a list.... could she not have spoken to the business and asked for some info to give the reader more details about the business, who runs it, their story, what the business offers? It’s so lazy. Did she really spend all day doing that list? it looks like 1 hrs work.
I can't be bothered to but would be interested to see how diverse her first blog post about independent business is? yep, thought not haha x

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What is with the picture of the pink house? What has that got to do with anything? Does not want to ruin the Instagram aesthetic she is so proud of?
I wondered that too. They travel to fantastic cities all over. The problem? They only use the street fronts as a backdrop to more vanity photos of Vic.

Clearly that pink apartment (not businesses) was the only Vic-less photo to speak of that might work from their massive photo library. Typical.

Reactions: 2
I wondered that too. They travel to fantastic cities all over. The problem? They only use the street fronts as a backdrop to more vanity photos of Vic.

Clearly that pink apartment (not businesses) was the only Vic-less photo to speak of that might work from their massive photo library. Typical.
In the comments she answered someone who asked and said its Lisbon. So yep totally unrelated to BLM. But aesthetic guyzzz 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 2
This reminds me of Vic. It is by Jo Lorenz on instagram. The rest of the post is also worth a read but this stood out to me about Vic.

Not even just her recent posts, but also she has been profiting from sustainability (when we all know she is far from it) and race is a massive part of sustainable fashion yet I haven't once heard her mention it before.
I was going to post this on here too! Thanks!

This is what I was trying to get at when I left that comment on her post yesterday - what is she going to do that’s actually going to make a difference? I Covet Thee is as dull as dishwater, but I appreciate that she came out with a list of tangible actions she’s going to be taking professionally moving forward (keeping the commitments is a whole other thing). ITF hasn’t made one commitment to helping change the industry from within. No comment on Munroe Bergdorf and L’Oréal, nothing indicating she’s going to question the brands she works with. THAT’S where she should be focusing her energy, not on asking her followers to recommend Black-owned brands then compiling a list with no evidence of research.

I follow some Black fashion industry people, and one in particular shared some interesting insight this morning - the people who are sharing brands with no further action are continuing to perpetuate capitalism and consumerism which hinders Black liberation and widens the divide in social capital. And that a lot of these businesses are opportunistic and trying to capitalize on the movement without having a prior history of supporting Black causes or, in one case I’ve seen, never mentioning until this week that they’re a Black-owned business. In other words, do your due diligence.

• Heart

This is what I was trying to get at when I left that comment on her post yesterday - what is she going to do that’s actually going to make a difference? I Covet Thee is as dull as dishwater, but I appreciate that she came out with a list of tangible actions she’s going to be taking professionally moving forward (keeping the commitments is a whole other thing). ITF hasn’t made one commitment to helping change the industry from within. No comment on Munroe Bergdorf and L’Oréal, nothing indicating she’s going to question the brands she works with. THAT’S where she should be focusing her energy, not on asking her followers to recommend Black-owned brands then compiling a list with no evidence of research.

I follow some Black fashion industry people, and one in particular shared some interesting insight this morning - the people who are sharing brands with no further action are continuing to perpetuate capitalism and consumerism which hinders Black liberation and widens the divide in social capital. And that a lot of these businesses are opportunistic and trying to capitalize on the movement without having a prior history of supporting Black causes or, in one case I’ve seen, never mentioning until this week that they’re a Black-owned business. In other words, do your due diligence.
Wouldn't be surprised if she had actually mentioned it to 'her girls - squeal' at L'Oreal. If they say they're going to be addressing it, she'll take credit for speaking up but if they say 'forget it , we're moving on' she'll do nothing. If she really thought that black lives matter she'd be terminating her contract with them right now and removing all endorsements from her feed.

Am betting her squealing voice has dropped a little in the last few days too!

Reactions: 3

Great points. Frow is making no commitment, she’s using her platform but that benefits her too and it’s got a white saviour tone to it, eg I’m giving space to people, I have all these followers and all these brands. It’s virtue signalling but nothing more. She won’t do anything tangible, she’s all fur coat and no knickers if you ask me

Reactions: 10
One of her new insta stories were she is sharing black owned business and then says she has found some GEMSSSSSSS is so condescending!!

• Sick
I'm actually super upset this evening. I left a thoughtful comment on her blog about Loreal. Not even attacking her, just how I feel about it and am curious to what she thinks and where she will go from here. It never got approved. I also joined in discussions about it in her comments. They got deleted. This stuff MATTERS. And it's super exhausting and sad that my comment are being removed so that she can get all this praise and congratulations and "you're an ally". I hate that this has gotten to me so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm actually super upset this evening. I left a thoughtful comment on her blog about Loreal. Not even attacking her, just how I feel about it and am curious to what she thinks and where she will go from here. It never got approved. I also joined in discussions about it in her comments. They got deleted. This stuff MATTERS. And it's super exhausting and sad that my comment are being removed so that she can get all this praise and congratulations and "you're an ally". I hate that this has gotten to me so much.
She deleted my comments asking about tangible actions too. I think that speaks volumes.

I’m not Black, so my opinion doesn’t matter but I feel like with Vic mentioning these Black-owned businesses and Black influencers, that the wave of likes and follows has clouded their critical thinking so they can’t see the performative nature of Vic’s listicles. Kind of in the same vein as the 2 obvious POC police officers standing by while their white coworker murdered George Floyd. These two men participated in a racial act of violence and perpetuated a system that continually oppresses without speaking up and “other-ing” themselves. They knew they had to play by the “white system” rules to advance.

There’s some cognitive dissonance now that Vic has selected them to be part of her “activism”, there’s an obligation to praise her as payment for their “belonging“. I’m sure there’s a way to articulate this better, but I can’t find it 😩

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.