Inthefrow #3 note for thread readers! Alex Magrath - husband not brother, but also brother šŸ˜¬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's disgusting ...
the whole we can beat this from our sofa is a slap to the face for every NHS worker, retail worker, bin man, delivery driver etc who is keeping our essential services going by risking their own health. They would love to sit on their sofas Iā€™m sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
How does getting a million views on a TikTok help your business? Not sure I understand the current influencer obsession with it because I donā€™t think there enough there for cross platform ā€œpollinationā€. People are just scrolling and moving on to the next thing. I donā€™t see a great video on TikTok then go and find the person on other platforms. Similarly Iā€™m not sure adding them to existing platforms helps that one to grow - TikTok videos are probably quite jarring to non-TikTok viewers.

Why isnā€™t she putting this time and energy into good YouTube content that will turn into revenue and pay her mortgage?

I am being too harsh? This just seem like sheā€™s burying her head in the TikTok sand...

• Heart
Reactions: 10
How does getting a million views on a TikTok help your business? Not sure I understand the current influencer obsession with it because I donā€™t think there enough there for cross platform ā€œpollinationā€. People are just scrolling and moving on to the next thing. I donā€™t see a great video on TikTok then go and find the person on other platforms. Similarly Iā€™m not sure adding them to existing platforms helps that one to grow - TikTok videos are probably quite jarring to non-TikTok viewers.

Why isnā€™t she putting this time and energy into good YouTube content that will turn into revenue and pay her mortgage?

I am being too harsh? This just seem like sheā€™s burying her head in the TikTok sand...
They are being paid to promote that platform to older demographics.
They use ā€œyoungerā€ tricks, though. So, itā€™s not going to work.

Reactions: 4
The current TikTok, I mean, srsly. Sheā€™s a dick. The messages she promotes through these videos are awful as well

Reactions: 5
The current TikTok, I mean, srsly. Sheā€™s a dick. The messages she promotes through these videos are awful as well
What message is that out of interest?Just interested to know :) I just can't with tiktok - it's beyond annoying - whats the point of it??

They are being paid to promote that platform to older demographics.
They use ā€œyoungerā€ tricks, though. So, itā€™s not going to work.
I thought this might be the case but then silly me imagined that they wouldnā€™t be so blatant in advertising without declaring... these people!

Reactions: 1
I thought this might be the case but then silly me imagined that they wouldnā€™t be so blatant in advertising without declaring... these people!
Well, the app is free. So, technically their audiences are not pushed towards buying anything.
TikTok wants traffic. The reach each of their contributors has is what attracts brands to use this platform to advertise their products.

Reactions: 1
Well, the app is free. So, technically their audiences are not pushed towards buying anything.
TikTok wants traffic. The reach each of their contributors has is what attracts brands to use this platform to advertise their products.
Maybe they are hoping if the app becomes popular enough, X number of subscribers then they can sell it and make money. Think Instagram, it was never set up to be used as a sales platform, but as a different way of sharing photos of your lunch or what your office looked like. It was sold as a platform and became something else. Instagram isn't 10 years old even until later this year.

As far as Iā€™m aware people are getting brand deals on TikTok now.
itā€™s a popular app.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
As far as Iā€™m aware people are getting brand deals on TikTok now.
itā€™s a popular app.
Yes, but their usual folks are teenagers that can only attract a certain type of partnerships. Youngsters have lower purchasing power than us. Tiktok wants to become a platform for bigger players.

Reactions: 3
Yes, but their usual folks are teenagers that can only attract a certain type of partnerships. Youngsters have lower purchasing power than us. Tiktok wants to become a platform for bigger players.
they are for now for sure,
but depending on how the app grows I can see more brands going there to advertise, and Frow and Millen and co must realise that because theyā€™re all trying to get on board.

Reactions: 3
Caro Daur shared this on Instagram. Wish I could CC In the Frow on it. Her ā€œcontentā€ right now is abominable.

As is her fashion sense - that pink blazer, at least 5 times too big for her is the very latest 'oversized' look - bleeping ridiculous!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I hope it goes a bit like vine, is a fad for a few months and then disappears. I find it so annoying
its still an experiment at this point, I donā€™t think influencers or brands know how successful it will be but I think it could have been massive pre pandemic, god knows how it will fare now.

people want more than Instagram and YouTub now, And this lot (Fromillens) are like bloodsuckers, they attach themselves to anything, if it does take off I hope a new wave of ā€œinfluencersā€œ dominate like that are doing right now.

Iā€™m far too old for TikTok but I actually enjoy it. (as a viewer not as a desperate idiot posting there)
I hope itā€™s not ruined with spons and advertisements. Right now itā€™s just simple and thatā€™s what I like about it.

Reactions: 2
As is her fashion sense - that pink blazer, at least 5 times too big for her is the very latest 'oversized' look - bleeping ridiculous!
I LOVE love love (Simon Porte) JACQUEMUS aesthetic. But she totally ruined it with her tasteless ā€œstylingā€. That blazer is from their spring collection that they presented last year in lavender fields in Provence. Who the hell wears it with a thick, wintery checked skirt with golden buttons and a huge cognac belt with an enormous gold buckle???? Are you out of your mind, Victoria?! My eyes were bleeding.

TWO NEW GAMES:

1) Letā€™s see how bad her nails get without freebies at Drybar!! Looking pretty rough already šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

2) Letā€™s see whose video is watched. Lydia is winning by a MILE!!!
Quoting myself to point out that one day later Lydia has 101K more views than Victoria ovideos they uploaded at the same time.

Authenticity seems to be key. Lydia is authentically a self-confessed witch. Victoria, a lost and insecure bird who grasps at straws with her content.

my hypothesis? People respond to content they believe in...even if itā€™s from someone as vile as Lydia.

Reactions: 7
'You ain't ready for this' on her Insta stories.

Is it ANOTHER TikTok? Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm ready for it. I just don't want to watch it because you're boring.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.