Inthefrow #20 Can't let out the Manchester flat, crying in the Range Rover being a brat.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That dining table is too big for the space it is in so is the massive sofa and ottoman never mind the coffee table

Reactions: 17
I haven't seen the video but I saw a story with an excerpt from the video and it sounds like the sofa was something she really wanted. I bet she was one of those nightmare clients that gets fixated on one thing and rather than either accepting that it might be great but doesn't work in the space or within the overall scheme, insists on shoehorning it in. She would do well to accept she has no sense of scale, proportion and style and instead leave things like this to people who actually do this stuff for a living.

Reactions: 11
Actually, what's interesting is that Jolie Studio have very few residential projects on their social media or website. I wonder if plans for how they were going to furnish the place had to change when Vic realised she couldn't make Frowstudio a photo location house and instead was going to make this a second home.

Reactions: 9
She is so annoying in this apartment video. Her pronunciation is all over the place and she sounds so squeaky & giggly.
Everything looks so messy! And just listen to how she punctuates her sentences with “I am going to link this” girl is SHILLING HARD FOR £££££!!!

That dyson sponsored segment is so lame.
So when she installs her TV it is gonna be a SKYTV AD! And she sounded so stupid and such a interior styling wannabe like she has such great taste (nope).

Reactions: 12
Obviously, Vic has NEVER been in a real loft in Soho, New York in her her entire life. I’m a native New Yorker; I’ve been in dozens. Trust me, they DO NOT resemble the over-stuffed mishmash she’s thrown together. The furniture, particularly the ridiculous sofa, is way too large for the surprisingly small rooms. The concept of scale certainly went way over her head . . . and flew out the window!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
As she’d chosen the sofa and table herself, it may be that the designer she worked with was surprised when she saw them and knows they impacted on her plan. I doubt very much that that “credenza” was intended to end up squashed between the sofa and dining table, facing that way and looking too tall over the back of the sofa. It now looks very ginger next to that dining table which is also a little too country for the tiling.

All this points to very bad planning between the two of them. They should have established the dimensions and materials of those pieces Vic sourced and checked everything was still workable. It isn’t. The sofa, which is way too big for their needs anyway, would only work in that space if everything else was allowed to breathe. The table looks gaudy on the rug and there are too many tables in general. The green cushions on the sofa looked lost and don’t fit in with the over-relaxed style of the sofa, plus they drew the eye to a big gap between the back sofa cushions. If either of them had any sense, they’d be honest and remove some of the items.

There is no way this would be a workable space as a studio anyway, you couldn’t swing a cat in there, let alone set up camera equipment and props.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
As she’d chosen the sofa and table herself, it may be that the designer she worked with was surprised when she saw them and knows they impacted on her plan. I doubt very much that that “credenza” was intended to end up squashed between the sofa and dining table, facing that way and looking too tall over the back of the sofa. It now looks very ginger next to that dining table which is also a little too country for the tiling.

All this points to very bad planning between the two of them. They should have established the dimensions and materials of those pieces Vic sourced and checked everything was still workable. It isn’t. The sofa, which is way too big for their needs anyway, would only work in that space if everything else was allowed to breathe. The table looks gaudy on the rug and there are too many tables in general. The green cushions on the sofa looked lost and don’t fit in with the over-relaxed style of the sofa, plus they drew the eye to a big gap between the back sofa cushions. If either of them had any sense, they’d be honest and remove some of the items.

There is no way this would be a workable space as a studio anyway, you couldn’t swing a cat in there, let alone set up camera equipment and props.
I think there are a few probable scenarios. She may have intended to do the entire design job herself, as she first alluded to; haphazardly bought a few pieces, realized she was in over her head and went running to a design firm to bail her out.

Or, she hired the design firm at the start of the project but ignored their furniture plan and their selections and insisted on ordering an over-scaled sofa just because she was in love with it.

Little Miss "I'm vegan, but buy tons of leather" got herself a down couch. Classic.

She's got a whole mishmash of interior styles. The MCM sideboard looks a state. They should've paid to get it restored. The dining table and chairs would go better in Lydia's "bleep-try" home. It also makes me so irrationally angry she's just like "let's set this all up in 24 hours!" with her weird cackle-y laugh when I'm over here still looking for the right coffee table and 2 dining chairs 2 years after moving into my home. I guess when you can throw money you've earned selling your soul to perfume and makeup brands, you can just snap and get what you want 🤷🏻‍♀️
---
I think there are a few probable scenarios. She may have intended to do the entire design job herself, as she first alluded to; haphazardly bought a few pieces, realized she was in over her head and went running to a design firm to bail her out.

Or, she hired the design firm at the start of the project but ignored their furniture plan and their selections and insisted on ordering an over-scaled sofa just because she was in love with it.
She had a firm at the start. She posted her little flat lay with swatches and samples almost immediately after announcing the purchase. Might've been a different firm though, especially if they got wind of her trying to skirt building rules and didn't want to be sucked in to the drama.

Reactions: 10

Darn - sorry! Hit the wrong button! To continue, the first thing any reputable design firm does, before anything is selected, is to take the measurements from the architectural plans (or measure the dimensions of the space if plans are unavailable). From there, you draft a furniture plan, showing ideal placement of the furniture, along with optimal dimensions for all pieces. Only then do you begin the selection process, and you avoid costly mistakes and end up with a harmonious, well-balanced room you’ll enjoy living in.

Her living/dining area is clogged with way too much furniture, much of which is too big for the space, which surprisingly isn’t that large. It’s suffocating, and it must be difficult to even move around without bumping into something. And, it’s such a hodgepodge of styles. Fine to mix different periods and styles, but make sure they’re harmonious and play off one another well.

The main culprit is that sofa, which overwhelms the space, particularly the large square ottoman, which I noticed ended up shoved against a wall. And, the marble /stone round coffee table is too small for the supersized sofa - another scale fail. That sofa may be comfortable, but it looks like an unmade bed! And in linen? Doesn’t she know that 100% linen is dimensionally unstable and will stretch with prolonged use and also in humid climates. (Does Manchester get a lot of rain and/or humidity?) And, stark white? Great for a summer beach house in a warm, sunny climate, but on a cold wintry day in Northern England?

Stark white can look great in the right space, but all that warm red brick does it no favors. Just makes it look chilly and out of place - a giant disconnect. I noticed that the decorators tried to warm it up with a few throw pillows in richer, more saturated colors - not overly effective. Even an oatmeal colored linen would have been more successful color wise.

It’s really a shame, as she certainly threw a lot of money at it. I wonder when the re-decorating will begin?
---
Little Miss "I'm vegan, but buy tons of leather" got herself a down couch. Classic.

She's got a whole mishmash of interior styles. The MCM sideboard looks a state. They should've paid to get it restored. The dining table and chairs would go better in Lydia's "bleep-try" home. It also makes me so irrationally angry she's just like "let's set this all up in 24 hours!" with her weird cackle-y laugh when I'm over here still looking for the right coffee table and 2 dining chairs 2 years after moving into my home. I guess when you can throw money you've earned selling your soul to perfume and makeup brands, you can just snap and get what you want 🤷🏻‍♀️
---

She had a firm at the start. She posted her little flat lay with swatches and samples almost immediately after announcing the purchase. Might've been a different firm though, especially if they got wind of her trying to skirt building rules and didn't want to be sucked in to the drama.
I, too, thought she had hired a firm. Happy that my memory isn’t failing me!

I hope she has hired help to keep up with the down cushion “re-dressing.” Every time, you get up from sitting on down cushions, you have to shake them, plump them, etc. We always advised against using all down/feather, as keeping up with it is pretty impossible. And, to make it even worse, all those down cushions are covered in white linen!

I guess her “son” will have a new responsibility - sofa maintenance!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Right okay I’m Watching the Apartment Video - and don’t get me wrong I like interior design but this is so pathetic. Watching all these people decide where a chair goes. It’s really not that deep is it. It comes across way more impersonal and not authentic at all.

urghhhh

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I rarely watch her anymore but I caught her two latest vlogs (greece and the apartment) and what struck me more than ever is how limited her vocabulary is. She reminded me in a strange way of Trump. She's got a few different words she mixes and matches and just about everything is "unreal". The ooh-ing at everything and the seemingly manic excitement was really cringe. (And the lisp was out of control; I have a similar lisp but hers is so pronounced and jarringly distracting).

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I rarely watch her anymore but I caught her two latest vlogs (greece and the apartment) and what struck me more than ever is how limited her vocabulary is. She reminded me in a strange way of Trump. She's got a few different words she mixes and matches and just about everything is "unreal". The ooh-ing at everything and the seemingly manic excitement was really cringe. (And the lisp was out of control; I have a similar lisp but hers is so pronounced and jarringly distracting).
And, don’t forget “gorge” as in gorgeous. She must have said that at least a dozen times - makes me cringe.
---
She has a very limited command of the English language to say the least.

Reactions: 6
I think she hired the firm but cant help interfering and thats why it looks such a mess.

I rarely watch her anymore but I caught her two latest vlogs (greece and the apartment) and what struck me more than ever is how limited her vocabulary is. She reminded me in a strange way of Trump. She's got a few different words she mixes and matches and just about everything is "unreal".
Because you know what's absent from her many re-dos of her tacky Milton Keynes country house?

Books.

She's like the human version of that meme that says if you go back to someone's house and they don't have books, don't duck them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I’ve just watched about 6 mins of it before I got bored, so I didn’t see everything but everything I did see I didn’t like! The only thing I like is the sofa 🤷🏻‍♀️ and that colour is not practical at all 😂 I might go back to it if paint dries and there’s nothing else to watch around here! Turned it off at the Dyson ad 🙄

One thing I do pick up on though whenever I struggle through her videos is it’s always ‘I wanted’ or ‘I was panicking I hadn’t ordered a sofa’ or ‘I wanted this’ it’s never we or us. I thought they were married 🤔

I think she hired the firm but cant help interfering and thats why it looks such a mess.
I think she hired a team, got a good price on the premise that they would be featured in her "studio". And now thats she has to turn it into a home and make it utlra private as to not be outed; she lost the team.

Last edited:
I think she aired a team, got a good price on the premise that they would be featured in her "studio". And now thats she has to turn it into a home and make it utlra private as to not be outed; she lost the team.
Yeah, and if this interior decorating firm does mostly commercial spaces, having to switch quickly to decorating a residential space was probably a bit like "ehhh 🙄🙄🙄." They ran the numbers, didn't want to give up the work, so are doing their best with Screechy Vic and Husband-Not-Son's apartment-not-studio.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.