Inthefrow #2 featuring Whiny Magrath, the real housewive of Frowburbia.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not saying the donation is suddenly going to fix the Oz fires, just saying that every little thing we can all do would help. As opposed to doing nothing. I'm certainly not perfect myself but I don't take 2 or 3 flights a month or have 70 designer handbags so I guess it's all relative 🤷‍♀️

Victoria can and should do more, no doubt.

I haven't donated to help the firefighters yet as I'm waiting for some money to go into my account. Those images are pretty heartbreaking. Definitely should motivate a lot of people to make changes.

Reactions: 6
Not saying the donation is suddenly going to fix the Oz fires, just saying that every little thing we can all do would help. As opposed to doing nothing. I'm certainly not perfect myself but I don't take 2 or 3 flights a month or have 70 designer handbags so I guess it's all relative 🤷‍♀️

Victoria can and should do more, no doubt.

I haven't donated to help the firefighters yet as I'm waiting for some money to go into my account. Those images are pretty heartbreaking. Definitely should motivate a lot of people to make changes.
More than money we as the human race need to think about our actions and the consequences of them.

I bet your carbon footprint is significantly smaller than Victoria’s so whilst you might not be able to make a donation or match hers your actions are more than making up for it and probably has a greater impact than a donation.

She makes me cross because she has a platform that she could use to drive a message on sustainability instead she drives a Bentley and thinks wearing a ‘gifted’ t-shirt and making a donation is sufficient. 😡

She could raffle on of those 70 handbags and all those donations could be a donation and I bet it would be more than ÂŁ750....

Reactions: 12
I don’t think influencers donating is admirable at all. To start donations are a tax write off here in Australia at the very least and I could imagine a similar case for those in the UK/US. If not, she could bend the laws and suggest that because she put it on her social media platform which is her job, she could claim it back. The small donation would slip through the cracks unless she was audited which is unlikely.

Reactions: 10
Victoria makes a donation and tells the world about it...

and don’t forget to tune it tomorrow babesssss
where you can see 150 of my fav pairs shoes that go with my 70 designer bags!!

let’s remember one “delivery“ from net a porter or My Theresa can hit 10 grand.
and they‘re done monthly 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Lol I'm not part of the Victoria fan club 😂

She obviously should do loads more than she does. But it's nice to see something other than shoes & posing on her Insta stories. I'd love it if more influencers did stuff like this weekly. Like this is a cause I care about, here's why, here's a swipe up.

Reactions: 3
But that’s the point, the top influencers rarely give space on their platforms for non money making activities, they only do it when there is a bandwagon to follow or it’s a high profile enough disaster to make them look good. The fires have been going on for weeks yet ITF only talking about it now because someone has messaged her or whatever and now a little wave of UK influencers are posting about it. So they all need to save face and “do their bit” because everyone else is posting about it. Hardly any of the influencers in the UK talk about giving back regularly or having a dedicated philanthropy. Given some of them are millionaires it’s actually a bloody disgrace.

Look it’s great that shes donated and will encourage others to, but let’s not carry on like she’s a bloody saint for posting a few stories about it. The real heroes are the ones fighting those bloody fires. Normal service about vapid tit will soon resume because the affiliate links make ££.

Reactions: 15
Did somebody call her a saint on another thread? I only remember saying vapid and annoying 😂

My favourite influencer on the bandwagon was Helen Anderson, who followed up her sad post about the fires with a picture of a chicken kiev.

👍

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
I think we can all agree Victoria isn't little miss sustainability. But to play devil's advocate for a moment, she did donate. And I HATE the term virtue signalling with a passion. Whether you telegraph kindness or you don't, a good deed is a good deed. And I would never bring anyone down for that. Its infinitely better than doing shite all. The fires in Oz are bleeping terrible and anyone who does anything to help has my respect, regardless of why they are doing it. The firefighters will still get the money.

I just don't think it occurs to Victoria how her very career in fashion and all of the 'amazing opportunities it gives her' is actually pretty crappy for the environment.

I would hope to see her take the train more often, give back the Bentley in favour of a low emission car etc. But given the ways in which she has changed in the last couple of years I doubt it.
Yes, I commend her for donating... but honestly, it was just crass to share that and she likely was just hoping Celeste Barber would reshare Vic to her large amount of followers so ITF got some PR anyway.

Personally, I donate to numerous charities (heck I also work for one) all the time. So does everyone I know. Do we flog about it as a pat on our back? No.

More sadly, donating in these cases doesn’t do much. I hate to be a downer. But until governments start prioritizing the environment over capitalism, there isn’t much the WWF and other worthy organizations can do to prevent these major climate catastrophes from continuing.

Also, let’s not forget, we’re discussing Victoria. She’s the girl who is SELLING FOR 80% PROFIT endless crap (that’s horrible for the environment) she was given to for free and donating a mere 20% to charity. She could tell PR peeps to stop sending her stuff she doesn’t need...but we just witnessed her publicly asking for even MORE Pr handouts she doesn’t need when addressing her management change. She’s also boasting on social media about her Bentley. Her 70 handbags. Her endless shoes. It never ends.

In Conclusion: Miss PHD is maximizing on the social interest in Australia atm to make herself look good. If she really cared, she’d really change her lifestyle. But given how rudely she claps back at anyone who asks her about that...I highly doubt she’ll be making a serious lifestyle change anytime soon.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
It's good that she donates but I doesn't come from the goodness of her heart, I think we can all agree upon that.
Also as @QueenDecember said, regarding companies sending her stuff, didn't she say in a vlog (before or after the chaaaateeeauuuuu wedding) that she would only accept products from fewer brands?

Well that was obviously a lie I guess....she better find her Babe husband a job because behaving like this will not do her any favours when it comes to her career.

Reactions: 5
Yes, I commend her for donating... but honestly, it was just crass to share that and she likely was just hoping Celeste Barber would reshare Vic to her large amount of followers so ITF got some PR anyway.

Personally, I donate to numerous charities (heck I also work for one) all the time. So does everyone I know. Do we flog about it as a pat on our back? No.

More sadly, donating in these cases doesn’t do much. I hate to be a downer. But until governments start prioritizing the environment over capitalism, there isn’t much the WWF and other worthy organizations can do to prevent these major climate catastrophes from continuing.

Also, let’s not forget, we’re discussing Victoria. She’s the girl who is SELLING FOR 80% PROFIT endless crap (that’s horrible for the environment) she was given to for free and donating a mere 20% to charity. She could tell PR peeps to stop sending her stuff she doesn’t need...but we just witnessed her publicly asking for even MORE Pr handouts she doesn’t need when addressing her management change. She’s also boasting on social media about her Bentley. Her 70 handbags. Her endless shoes. It never ends.

In Conclusion: Miss PHD is maximizing on the social interest in Australia atm to make herself look good. If she really cared, she’d really change her lifestyle. But given how rudely she claps back at anyone who asks her about that...I highly doubt she’ll be making a serious lifestyle change anytime soon.
Armchair activism is great for influencers to look as though they are “doing something”. But really what does it achieve? Yes raising money is great and hopefully this will help to pay to treat animals and re build houses but it’s not going to stop the fires. Or deal with the causes because the causes are so big now and influencers dont want to talk about the wastefulness and environmental impacts of their industry.

ITF is a business employing a team of people and should be expected to manage social and environmental responsibilities like any other business. Why should influencers get away with so little being expected of them? It’s like all they have to do is share a charity donation link and all the Instagram huns seal clap saying how great they are.

I called it virtue signalling as that is what it was. Her donation was pretty meagre, we all know how much she makes, how many freebies she gets ergo how little she actually pays for and therefore she could have donated a lot more.

Also she made a superficial gesture, the donation is pretty pointless when you think about how large her carbon footprint is. I have no time for PC bullshit like hers. If she cared that much she would along with her donation have talked about how she’s going to change her lifestyle but no she made her little donation, made herself feel good and got some approval for it and carried on with doing everything that contributes to climates that cause such fires. Sorry but I have zero respect for her.
Did she specify the amount she donated?

Reactions: 1
I've always thought of Victoria being back as a lecturer in a University. With her PhD and an "impressive CV" in her name, pretty sure she can bring in some buck being a teacher.

(Can someone explain how did Victoria got her PhD in such a short time? I've always wondered how does the UK system works, since I want to study there for grad school.)
I think she would struggle to get a university job now- research and publishing is the most important thing for getting a University job and although she has experience it’s not necessarily in the things they might want for lecturing. Lecturer jobs start at around 30-40K and that’s not going to keep her and Alex in their Tacky house

Reactions: 8
Her shoe video just shows you why it’s all well and good getting gifted everything but actually what’s the point if your walk in wardrobes aren’t fit for purpose? You have over 150 pairs of shoes but didn’t take into consideration the depth needed for the custom drawers you had made?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Her shoe video just shows you why it’s all well and good getting gifted everything but actually what’s the point if your walk in wardrobes aren’t fit for purpose? You have over 150 pairs of shoes but didn’t take into consideration the depth needed for the custom drawers you had made?
😂 She’s definitely got more shoes and clothes than she has space for in her tiny “Dream” closet. And she’s visibly annoyed how the shoes don’t even fit in her “custom” drawers. Oh well.

I tried watching with an open mind, I really did.. but had to stop around 5 minutes in.

For someone with a PhD in fashion, you’d think she’d be able to intelligently discuss and describe materials and design features. But she describes each shoe in such a hopelessly novice way..it just annoyed me so much!! Couldn’t take it anymore.

Round of applause to anyone who survives the whole 47+ minute video!!

Reactions: 7
I just had a quick whiz through the video, my god that wardrobe is designed tit. The shoes are too long for the storage drawers. I've seen better shoe storage at Ikea.

She posted a donation page saying she donated ÂŁ750
Stephanie Lange put together 3 huge giveaway lots, and to qualify to win you must donate only a minimum of $2 AUD to her GoFundMe for Red Cross Australia and Wires wildlife Rescue. The total is now over $20,000 US. Red Cross is problematic due to their overhead and Executive salaries and I wonder how much gets to the front line, but I still support them and donate blood. Also, how much does GoFundMe keep?
Wires www.wires.org.au seems to do great work saving wildlife.

I like Stephanie. She's cruelty free in her collabs and doesn't accept PR from companies that aren't, and lives a fairly modest life in Ireland (she's Aussie).

I just watched the shoe video and her designer shoe drawers don't even fit the length of some of her shoes! Bwah!!!!!!

Exactly what i was going to say!

I have a shoe cupboard, and when it was being made i measured the height of all the shoes and worked out how high the shelves and how many shelves etc. Her shoe cupboard is awful, you can't see them or get to them. That is what happens when it's all free, you get what your given!

• Haha
She wears ankle boots a lot and didn’t even ensure that the height of the drawers would accommodate the shoes she pretty much as the most of heeled boots and stilettos. PhD in fashion and no sense! And in the video you can see her frustration which means she didn’t even test it as the guys were fitting it when they could have potentially made adjustments. What a fool

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.