Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BeccaBanana

VIP Member
Who spends over a grand on a jumpsuit that’s half white, to wear it in your friends basement and roll all over the floor in it!
Someone who is gifted it!

What she wrote makes me both angry and sad, for some reason. How have these people been together for so long? It seems as if he doesn't know her at all, or else never truly accepted her career and was just waiting until they were married to slowly but surely manipulate her into dropping all the parts of her life that don't directly include him.
They travel together to all of her events, and he took or is now taking all of her photos, and now also edits, so they were always constantly together before and now. They spend more time together even at her "busiest" (have to put that in quotes) than most married people do. And yet it's not enough for him?? He is coming off as so controlling.
She really needs to sit down and figure out what she wants to do, going forward. Does she even truly care about fashion? She doesn't really seem to look at trends, what was on the runways, what is coming up in the new seasons, what trend forecasters are saying, what she especially likes/dislikes, what were her best vs worst purchases recently (if she has bought a single thing with her own money, that is), etc. etc. It's all just ads, unboxing MORE stuff she was sent/bought with vouchers, and more ads. And then she complains about it all taking away from her relationship. THEN DON'T DO IT. You and Alex go and get actual jobs, and then see how insanely privileged you both are. They really need a reality-check.

Also, how does Alex expect they will maintain their excessive lifestyle if he stops her from doing more and more things?

Also also - he comes off as so dickish in photos, and any time he's shown in her videos now he's usually so unpleasant. Spoiled, and really with no clue to how basic-bitch he is.
I completely agree with this. I used to really enjoy watching Vic and can still enjoy some of her content (through the annoying squealing and fake excitement) but what started to get my goat with her was the complaining about how hard her job was and how stressed she was. ( I'm not saying that travelling isn't tiring or that she doesn't have a good work ethic, because I believe she does) Then when the ASA rules came in, she had a tantrum like Millen (probably their reason for becoming so close this last 6 month - mutual hatred of having to declare freebies) and her true colours started to show.

This latest post about how tough it is on her marriage and how she's going to try and be the best wife - I'm sat here like, WTF you WORK TOGETHER, you spend more time together than most couples. You get to visit the most beautiful places and stay in the most beautiful hotels In the world - FOR FREE - and it's still not enough for you? What does it take for you to be the 'best wife'? You're the breadwinner, you've provided a beautiful forever home, you have a flexible, lucrative career, you work with your husband and you're both still not happy?

What about families where one works days and one works nights, or where partners work abroad or are in the armed forces? Families struggling financially and working all hours apart from each other, trying to keep a roof over their head and marriage on track? The entitlement and self absorption she has shown this last year is remarkable. That post should have been about how grateful she is to have a job people dream of, where she gets to live her dream with her husband by her side and experience places and people she would never have been able to if it wasn't for the position she is now in. Huge reality check indeed!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

langwidere

I think he just never learned, he’s a lazy git,
Looks like he’s editing her vlog this morning, the one that was supposed to go up last night,
he’s got her tied, he edits the vlog so he’s now “part of her business” [emoji2368]
Ooh, please, have some empathy for the poor bub! He’s been a busy little cherub.

“Dearest hubby/Boss Babe Vicky,

Please find attached my invoice for services this past fortnight.

Description:
- Tuna and broccoli pasta bake x 1
- Cup of coffee x 22
- Edited vlogs x 6
- Kiss on the forehead x 3
- Appeared shirtless in your vlog (blushes)
- Wore my cap backwards the way you like!!!
- Put on my wedding suit to cheer you up when that cow Lydia called you her chauffeur...#tedbaker #ad
- Reminded you not to eat x 7000000000 (this one is priceless)

Balance due: A new Gucci backpack and a reversible Burberry tote/nappy bag for our future dogs and children, infinite trips to the nearest train station, at least 17 minutes of uncut airtime on each of your next 24 vlogs, and 20 pounds of your flesh—maybe instead of eating avocado toast you can just lick my plate after I’m done.

Hugs and kisses (I’ll throw those in for free because that’s what #marriedlife is all about...) from your loving wifey,

Alex Magrath (née Harrison, Lumi, not Lynx) xoxo

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Influenza_life

Chatty Member
The hypocrisy of beggar Vic posting about the Australian bushfires when her sustainability credentials are at an all time low. This is the woman driving a gas guzzling Bentley around and who spent last LFW being chauffeured around London in it when it’s far easier and quicker to take the tube. This is the woman who takes, takes, takes and encourages mindless consumerism with her over 70 handbags and fuck knows how many shoes! Does she think that shoe and handbag production is good for the environment? This is the woman who flies all around the world to promote the latest fashion etc and never speaks about offsetting her carbon emissions.

Australia is going through an appalling crisis at the moment, what it doesn’t need is a bunch of stupid mindless hypocritical influenzas jumping up and down virtue signalling. If you care make a donation and think about how you’re contributing hugely to the destruction of this planet and climate change.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

SisterBliss

Did she seriously fly to Edinburgh? I couldn't see anything about it on her insta, but I don't follow her anymore so may have missed it. I went to see the post you were talking about, and everything she says in this post is great but it means absolutely nothing if she thinks getting a flight from England to Scotland is ok, and also how tone deaf is using an aeroplane window photo as the background?!! I work in conservation and it honestly baffles me how the environment is becoming so entangled with an influencers image. It's becoming some sort of way for them to advertise their brand and it is disgusting.
Wow, the passive aggression, narcissism and lack of insight are off the scale in that instapost. Firstly, as you said, using airplane window view as a background to a lecture on sustainability is so tone deaf, especially coming from a human advertisement who flies more times in a year than most people do in a lifetime. It’s possibly even more annoying than Meghan and Harry doing a South Africa documentary and talking mostly about how hard the two of them, millionaires funded by UK taxpayers, have it.

The whole post is just using the issue of sustainability to lash out at everyone who criticises her shitty behaviour. It’s all about her, what a poor victim Vic is that anyone would dare call her out on her outrageous consumerism, and then using the “889000 followers” (big chunk of whom are bots) as some kind of leverage. It’s obvious she thinks she’s better than everyone else because of these numbers. Reality check Vic, if a doctor, paramedic, policeman, firefighter who *literally* save dozens of lives a year can be arsed to genuinely reduce their carbon footprint, rather than passively aggressively lashing out at critics with the equivalent of “Don’t you know who I am?!”, then so can you. Your spending, travelling, gas guzzling, vanity, hipocrisy (yeah, that was a lovely bit of projection in your post) are out of control and you don’t have a single valid excuse to justify it.

Arguments in which she imagines that people who criticise her hypocrisy would criticise her even if she said nothing don’t actually indicate that she should ignore them. They highlight that people are criticising her shitty behaviour which is a common denominator in both scenarios. All she’s doing is creating a strawman argument, deflecting from the real problem in order to avoid dealing with it.

Actions speak louder than words, so she is wasting her time writing about all the wonderful things she is allegedly doing for the environment, lets all just take her word for it shall we? 🙄 Anyone who‘s conscious of the issues would find her carelessness and excesses impossible to stomach, so nobody is buying it. Also, her food restriction in order to be thin doesn’t count as being environmentally friendly because it’s entirely self-serving. If she made an effort in the rest of her personal and professional life it might count, but not like this. No bonus points for not drinking dairy, Vic, just no.

The rest is just blah blah, more empty words and emotive arguments, all of which are meaningless. Let’s see how she does in 2020. I’m not hopeful, though. She is fast becoming the absolute worst.

• Heart

langwidere

I often lurk on here, disagree with a lot of what these influencers do and think it's important we're calling out the lack of transparency around ads. However, I have to say that this whole Alex = housewife thing is so bloody sexist and hypocritical. We moan at Victoria for supporting brands like Victoria's Secret and promoting companies that traditionally make women feel bad for the way they look and then here's everyone calling Alex a wifey because he took her last name? Come on, guys... Even if she went out and did all the work and he literally stayed at home and did nothing, that's totally fine if it works for them and doesn't mean that she's the husband and he's the wife. Wives can bring home the bread too!
I absolutely see what you mean that equating being a housewife to being useless and less valuable is misogynistic and archaic—I guess for me personally the point is more that women who ‘stay at home’ do a lot of invisible thankless work that is valued less than ‘bringing home the bread’, so to speak. But Alex really seems to be shameless in how he just...has given up. While I agree that gender roles deserve to be dismantled, I don’t think any self-respecting able-bodied adult should feel ‘totally fine’ about staying at home doing nothing! Especially because I’m sure housewives do a whole lot of work behind the scenes that no one speaks about—unless they’re influencers, in which case we get a granular breakdown of which vacuum cleaner they love this week.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with their dynamic of one person in a relationship being the one who earns an income while the other does other forms of labour. Just because it’s not paid work doesn’t mean it’s not work. But at the same time, I do take issue with the tendency for these Instagram husbands to quit their jobs and start assisting their partners—more often than not they’re not making more or better content, and instead they’re tagging along on brand trips and living the high life.

But I agree with your point that conflating these things can be reductive and an oversimplification! I guess on this forum we assume that most users are women who obviously don’t think this about their own gender, and instead the use of ‘housewife’ here is shorthand for what Alex’s behaviour represents. Perhaps a more suitable parallel would be ‘trophy wife’—but at least those are meant to be attractive and pleasing to the eye.

Alex Harrison is...not either of those things. [emoji15]

• Heart

SisterBliss

Victoria's instagram video of piling up tonnes of tackily wrapped presents into that loaned Bentley, with her overfilled lips and a smug smile screams tacky and low class. Combined with shameless advertising 24/7, lying to her audience that every new piece of gifted shit is a “best ever must have”, creepy, food shaming Alex lurking in the background and passive aggressive sniping at every criticism is just narcissism on steroids. And with both her and all the other social climbing advertisers aka “influencers“, relentless censoring of negative comments and blocking means that a false picture is being presented where they are saints and victims and sites like Tattle are falsely portrayed as “hateful bullies” just because they allow this justifiable criticism to stand. All the media is in cahoots with them, gaslighting their readers that valid criticism is “hate” and “jealousy” while not mentioning at all the ill effects (health and financial) these eating disordered, cosmetically ruined, pathological liars are having on people who are gullible and desperately trying to keep up, despite austerity and generally worsening economic conditions, not realising all this shit is loaned and gifted, and that negative sides of this pretend lifestyle are being actively concealed.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

ReginaFilange

YouTube and Instagram have totally lost what they were originally created for. I have watched as genuine, interesting people have turned into money grabbing, fake, monsters as their following has grown. Each channel slowly becomes nothing more than a lifestyle shopping channel without the honesty. They try to desperately disguise ad after ad. There are promotions, affiliate links, kindly gifted everything, I'm so grateful "guyzzs", brands " reaching out" generating breathtaking greed and entitlement until these people totally lose themselves. It stuns me when I read the comments and they are full of airhead superfans telling them how beautiful they are and how much they love them. The world has gone mad, it would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic. For the sake of young kids I wish someone would expose these idiots and crash the gravy train!

• Heart
Reactions: 24

dezign

That vlog was a mind numbing, crass, gimme gimme exhibition. She has 3 full cabinets of beauty and hair products (not including any makeup that I could see....that's probably another 2 cabinets). These YouTubers are hoarders. She posted (begs) that she likes a basin company and then bam, they send one. New prints. Net a Porter deliveries. Unboxing the Bang & Olufsen sattelite speaker (huge!) And this hilarious ski coat with ugly cowboy fringe: (I'm dying laughing) Screenshot_20191103-170207.png

And she ends by saying she's Depop'ing a lot including gifted items. But it's okay 'cause she's being sustainable and she gives 20% to breast cancer care. How about you give 100% of proceeds of the stuff you got for free and 20% from the stuff you bought?

Reactions: 23

QueenDecember

VIP Member
Can someone please take one for the team and summarize the flog? What's the new hair?
I’m bored waiting for my sister at the doctors office. Skimmed through and it’s basically an HOUR of showing all her freebies...there is no change to her hair. It looks the frickin same. And there’s not much happening in the vlog other than her babbling about her new things.

Since I’m bored I TALLIED all the gifted items in her description box and it’s £18,000+ in free merchandise...that’s more than $20k of freebies for my fellow Americans.

AND that doesn’t even include the *kindly loaned* clothes, car service and plane ride to Venice with luxury accommodations nor her free hair/beauty treatments.

Someone commented about the flooding in the comments and she was just like yea, sad.

I’m floored. Floored.

Maybe it’s because I saw a blogger I respect this morning tweeting about greed and how the more she travels and lives the more she finds people with LESS are actually happier. Because greed only breeds more greed and wanting more more more. But I’m just sick.

This spoiled chick gets $20k or freebies in a week and can’t find it in her heart to even fully donate some of them for charity? She sells them off for even more profit? GRACIOUS!!

*ending my rant and going to have wine now*

• Wow

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
She is unbelievable.

She's throwing a strop because she's not center stage at fashion week, that's what her issue is, because she's not front and center and the brands aren't fawning over her.
Give it a break Victoria!
they don't appreciate me and they don't appreciate you giyzzz so I feel bad for you giyzzzz and it's all about you giyzzzzz”

Victoria is no Jeffrey Star,
he's created a brand, has a passion for make up, like him or hate him he's a business man.

Victoria has created a monster marrying that wet wipe,
has a passion for freebies and does the bare minimum....but still expects her channel to grow.

She finishes up by saying she has a voucher to spend and ”spends” thousands in a few minutes 😐 whilst also affiliate linking everything she's bought/been gifted.

Vulgar.

Thistles

There's no contentment or practicality here is there. Everything has to be "more". Huge house in the country, isolated from her main work bases. Huge mortgage that means running herself ragged. Huge bag collection, most of the "loves" but how often are they actually worn, a mix match of freebies rather than any personal style (that huge fabric Chanel flap apparently ideal for flying, sure). A massive shoe collection (Found it strange how Sophie complained about the poor quality of Valentino leather , yet Frow adores them, I know who I'd trust) that doesn't even fit in the custom closets (should have gone to IKEA)). Lose more weight, gym more, not enjoy the free trips to promote a product because her man is always judging her diet and exercise.

I think her channel would be more interesting if she was still involved in academia, talking about fashion history, sub cultures, fabrics, promoting sustainable fabrics and brands, instead of showing herself get a flight every week to flog a perfume and saying wearing a bra covered by a blazer in windy London is female empowerment, or getting a gig preaching about sustainability whilst getting laid on luxury cars that are hardly going to make her audience run out to the dealerships. Have to say, call me petty, but I nearly turned off her shoe collection video when Alex shouted "woo hoo", it's like can she not have any space to have her own individual content without him constantly being in frame or interjecting himself? Maybe it's going to go down the Michalak's route, where eventually the husbands dominates what originally was a female led channel marketed to women.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Influenza_life

Chatty Member
Because wearing a suit with a lingerie style top under the blazer makes you a CEO. The slutty look will get you ahead in boardrooms 🙄 This whole fantasy that her and Lidl have constructed about them being CEO’s is complete bullshit. They are self employed and have friends and family working for them, they are not running companies or corporations with real employees it doesn’t make them CEO’s! If that is the case an Uber driver is a CEO, they are self-employed. This is just annoying. There are a lot of strong women who are making great progress in the business world, these two petulant overgrown children are no it though.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart

Emmapism

VIP Member
I love how she's like hey guyyyyyzzz look at this coat that isn't £000 hella expensive.

Girl. It's 400. I mean......talk about out of touch.

QueenDecember

VIP Member
Writing that her amount of products will be slashed. Shouldn't fucking hoard like that anyway. Makes her a hypocrite all of it.
She uses more plastic and waste in one of her recent hauls than most people do in an entire month, AT LEAST.

Bitch, please. Stfu. Your entire life is about unnecessary crap and consumerism. You’re clearly working on another leather bag that people definitely don’t need after showing off your 70+ bags and 150+ shoes.

This chick really thinks highly of herself and it’s laughable.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Hallobrit

View attachment 53274

I wonder what happened to Victoria! She seems to have uploaded nothing, and she declares on her ig her Bentley is on loan.
Oh hun, people who live in the country properly have dirty 4WDs that smell of wet dog, muddy Dublin boots, battered old Barbour jackets and possibly horses at home. It's the new money townies who've moved out who think it's all sports cars, camel coats and shiny boots. You're the entitled, know nothing about the country, ones we swear at for being arseholes on the road when we're out on said horses and fly past dangerously

Last edited:
  • Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
People commented on the vlog they thought it was sweet when Alex shook his head when she said she needed bigger breasts to fill out her dress. But really it is him being controlling. He didn't say "you look good the way you are" he just shook his head and they all turned it into some sort of dreamy "he loves you for you" bullshit. With him not letting her eat cheese and what not it is obvious.
thats exactly how I felt when he was shaking his head. Alex is obsessed with Victoria being thin to the point he comments if she eats something “bad”

I found that bit disturbing. He gives off such bad vibes. They’re perfect together.

suggestion for lé thread dé frow. 😆
Inthefrow #3 have you heard her team is now in-house? it’ll save on child care for her toddler spouse.

• Haha
  • Heart

QueenDecember

VIP Member

Oh lawddddd. Planning an event to show everyone who was at your wedding the video of your wedding?!?!?!?!

Goodness there is no end to the narcissism. [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

I honestly don’t know how I’d respond to an invite like that. Weddings are admittedly not my thing. I attend to pay my love and respect to the bride/groom but honestly am usually glad when I get to leave a wedding. The thought of having to attend ANOTHER event on top of a three day weekend just to watch another over-the-top video about the wedding MONTHS later just seems so ridiculously too much to me. She already shared a FOURTY-FIVE minute vlog of the weekend and a THIRTY MINUTE vlog about her free dresses. Enough!

WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS? This was not a royal wedding Vic. Get over yourself!!

....Sorry for the rant. It’s just so nervy of her to even think of such a thing. That people should have to continue to drop everything and be all oooohhh an ahhhh over her nuptials to a toddler. She could just send them the LINK to the latest in a SERIES of videos about her wedding.

Gracious she is full of it. She is starting to make Lydia seem humble! I can’t. [emoji85][emoji85]

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Unsure if this has been mentioned previously, however although they say they have lived together for 8 years, there was a period of time they didn’t and weren’t together due to her cheating on him by shagging the neighbour from across the hall in their apartment complex.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20