InTheFrow #17 Husband and Baby in toe, no one's interested in the bras you show!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she pronouncing vase as ‘vays’. I know it’s pronounced that way across the pond, but she’s English
At one point she even started saying it the English way and then corrected herself to say ‘vays’. Very odd. She also always says sneakers instead of trainers !

Reactions: 5
She’s delusional! A Birkin 35 (a real one anyway) is heavy when empty. The basic cow and bull hides H uses are the best quality and inherently heavy, and whereas most bags will have a stiff cardboard in the base of the bags, H bags are constructed of several layers of leather, which add additional weight. The only exception is chèvre - goatskin, which is very lightweight, but 35’s in chèvre are extremely rare, as the goats don’t grow large enough, so the resulting hides are too small. I would say from just looking at the picture, her bag is probably Taurillon Clemence, a fairly thick, heavier leather that tends to “relax” a bit, as the front of hers has done. On the plus side, it’s very durable, can withstand getting wet and develops a nice patina with age. But, it is heavy. (Or, it could be Epsom, which is lighter, but it’s a stamped leather with an overall consistent grain that has been manufactured rather than occurring naturally.)

Regardless of what leather it is, she’s just trying to justify what she’s bought! Jane Birkin, the bag’s namesake, stopped carrying her Birkin 35, as she developed tendinitis and was told that the bag was to blame. She was very ticked off at Hermes! A Birkin 35 is heavy - there’s no way around it.

I’ll shut up now.
this is so insightful.

I think this bag is a status when you know what you are carrying, when you get offered one from the boutique (or numerious like Amelia, Tamara, Leonie and the rest of the girls), its a status when you know what size is for what and how to style them.
Victoria looks like she borrowed one and it doesnt belong to her. She carries it with too much excitement which is not what this bag is about

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.