InTheFrow #17 Husband and Baby in toe, no one's interested in the bras you show!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s NOT great for travel, as it won’t fit under a plane seat unless you lay it on its side or bend the handles; the corners of the bag get “skinned” easily, and when it’s full, it weighs a ton, as the bag is heavy empty! And, you have to be careful not to overstuff it, as you’ll stretch out the leather. Plus, as there is no shoulder strap, it has to be hand carried at all times.

She’ll find out for herself!😳
It's the status symbol that she cares about more than practicality. I'm sure come spring, she'll have another bag that's the absolute dream and that she's been manifesting since the day she was born!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It's the status symbol that she cares about more than practicality. I'm sure come spring, she'll have another bag that's the absolute dream and that she's been manifesting since the day she was born!
It's such a tit status symbol. The status comes from having been a regular Hermes store shopper and being considered the type of person that is able to purchase a Birkin from Hermes.

Anyone could buy a Birkin second hand (sorry, pre-loved).

The fact that someone had bought the bag and then didn't even use it is a statement, as is someone who absolutely destroys their designer bags through treating them most people would treat a free tote bag and not keeping them as precious objects or investments (looking at Mary Kate Olsen here).

• Heart
Reactions: 8
A guy who wrote a book on status, wrote about the status of destroyed Hermes bags here. Destroyed ones are more bougie than spanking new looking ones apparently! (Looks like Lydia Millen got that memo already)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Most definitely a status thing, as the Birkin isn’t a practical bag period. I did find it interesting that both she and Amelia were able to “manifest” the same exact Birkin in relatively the same time frame. But, “big” Birkins are fairly attainable these days, especially in common colors like black.

And, yes, come spring, and as sure as the grass turns green and the birds begin to sing, there will be a “new bag of dreams.”

Reactions: 4
She just used the birkin as a prop in her Range Rover ig ad. Caption is “A car with a cosy passenger seat fo my Birkin” wtf lol but every pic the bag is perched at the “DOOR step”
Her outfits are awful esp the white jacket.
She tries so hard.
I can’t tell if this is a slight against LEM and her RR/Birkin horse girl “come with me to the stables as I match my Range Rover to my Birkin” TikTok or if Vic has just drunk the entire jug of Kool-Aid and now Basic Ass Birkin is her personality.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There is not one single influenza that made me want Hermes more. Quite the opposite. I almost feel like returning what I already own, because I don't want someone to look at me and think for a second that these girls are the reason I own my bag, jewellery or shoes.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
There is not one single influenza that made me want Hermes more. Quite the opposite. I almost feel like returning what I already own, because I don't want someone to look at me and think for a second that these girls are the reason I own my bag, jewellery or shoes.
I know; I feel the same!🥴

• Heart
Just noticed how old (I dont mean used, just looks dull) the bag looked against the sleek backdrop of the car. She said it is a 10 yr old Birkin yah.

She’s deleted her Range Rover Ad insta story that was up a few hours ago.
She was at the Luxury Promise dinner but again shown nothing besides a Hermes bag and not taken a photo or story with another person! Shes honestly in a vapid balloon all on her own!

Reactions: 5
Say it with me Vicky:
‘Birkins 👏 are 👏 not 👏 evening 👏 bags 👏

I know; I feel the same!🥴
Also - I am raging - I’ve wanted vintage Alhambra van clef earrings for 15, not every basic witch is buying Amazon dupes - so I can’t get the real ones 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Lol bag lady

She might as well bring along & wrap the H blanket around her too, since it was gifted by luxury promise. Also it looks like they took the mirror selfie in someone’s office not the fancy showroom… have they somehow wandered to the accounts department. Hahah

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Lol bag lady

She might as well bring along & wrap the H blanket around her too, since it was gifted by luxury promise. Also it looks like they took the mirror selfie in someone’s office not the fancy showroom… have they somehow wandered to the accounts department. Hahah
the size of that bag is so laughable!! certainly not event or evening appropriate - vic you look absolutely ridiculous

Say it with me Vicky:
‘Birkins 👏 are 👏 not 👏 evening 👏 bags 👏

Also - I am raging - I’ve wanted vintage Alhambra van clef earrings for 15, not every basic witch is buying Amazon dupes - so I can’t get the real ones 😭
I commiserate. I’ve had my B’s for 15-20 years -before the craze hit. Now, since they’ve become an influencer “necessity” and are faked to here and back, I don’t even carry mine. (I have to admit, though, that the quality and workmanship are beyond compare, but the prices now? Absolutely ridiculous.)

And, you’re right. The Birkin is a sporty tote. It is not to be carried in the evening, same with the Kelly - a sporty day bag (except in the mini sizes). It kills me to see someone in a cocktail dress with a Birkin draped over their arm.😵💫

The Alhambra craze will die out, and the ‘flues will move on to something else. Wait and buy them then. They are lovely and classic.
---

the size of that bag is so laughable!! certainly not event or evening appropriate - vic you look absolutely ridiculous
It looks like a suitcase. Makes me wonder if it’s a 40 cm. Maybe it’s just because she’s so small? In any case, it’s out of proportion to her frame. And, it’s been around the block. You can tell by the way the front panel is a bit out of shape and loose looking. The leather has stretched with time and use. The Birkin should have a very crisp profile.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Also what is that puckering along the Rue Sloan coat’s lapel? This does not say luxury.

Echoing everyone else’s sentiments about the Birkin, but let’s be real. She needs more room in her bag for her sponge of a husband’s dignity and self-respect.

In the comments on TikTok, she’s trying to justify the bigger bag by saying it’s not heavy at all. Sure, Jan.

• Haha
I have struck Hermes Birkins and Kellys from my list of desired bags. These conspicuous-consumption try-hards are responsible for my not wanting to spend my hard-earned money on one. (I still think they are lovely bags, but I have limited funds and have to make choices.)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Also what is that puckering along the Rue Sloan coat’s lapel? This does not say luxury.

Echoing everyone else’s sentiments about the Birkin, but let’s be real. She needs more room in her bag for her sponge of a husband’s dignity and self-respect.

In the comments on TikTok, she’s trying to justify the bigger bag by saying it’s not heavy at all. Sure, Jan.
Not heavy?? Wahahaha

Lol this reminds me in her latest vlog ad, at the first she kept flexing this pair of weights which were randomly gifted to her. She was fake moaning and puffing while fake lifting the weights. Ridiculous!

Attachments

• Haha

She’s delusional! A Birkin 35 (a real one anyway) is heavy when empty. The basic cow and bull hides H uses are the best quality and inherently heavy, and whereas most bags will have a stiff cardboard in the base of the bags, H bags are constructed of several layers of leather, which add additional weight. The only exception is chèvre - goatskin, which is very lightweight, but 35’s in chèvre are extremely rare, as the goats don’t grow large enough, so the resulting hides are too small. I would say from just looking at the picture, her bag is probably Taurillon Clemence, a fairly thick, heavier leather that tends to “relax” a bit, as the front of hers has done. On the plus side, it’s very durable, can withstand getting wet and develops a nice patina with age. But, it is heavy. (Or, it could be Epsom, which is lighter, but it’s a stamped leather with an overall consistent grain that has been manufactured rather than occurring naturally.)

Regardless of what leather it is, she’s just trying to justify what she’s bought! Jane Birkin, the bag’s namesake, stopped carrying her Birkin 35, as she developed tendinitis and was told that the bag was to blame. She was very ticked off at Hermes! A Birkin 35 is heavy - there’s no way around it.

I’ll shut up now.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She’s delusional! A Birkin 35 (a real one anyway) is heavy when empty. The basic cow and bull hides H uses are the best quality and inherently heavy, and whereas most bags will have a stiff cardboard in the base of the bags, H bags are constructed of several layers of leather, which add additional weight. The only exception is chèvre - goatskin, which is very lightweight, but 35’s in chèvre are extremely rare, as the goats don’t grow large enough, so the resulting hides are too small. I would say from just looking at the picture, her bag is probably Taurillon Clemence, a fairly thick, heavier leather that tends to “relax” a bit, as the front of hers has done. On the plus side, it’s very durable, can withstand getting wet and develops a nice patina with age. But, it is heavy. (Or, it could be Epsom, which is lighter, but it’s a stamped leather with an overall consistent grain that has been manufactured rather than occurring naturally.)

Regardless of what leather it is, she’s just trying to justify what she’s bought! Jane Birkin, the bag’s namesake, stopped carrying her Birkin 35, as she developed tendinitis and was told that the bag was to blame. She was very ticked off at Hermes! A Birkin 35 is heavy - there’s no way around it.

I’ll shut up now.
This is pretty interesting. Thanks!

I think she said in her vlog that she chose the Epsom leather for its structure.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.