InTheFrow #12 Tacky fountain in the yard having fashion sense is hard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
GREETINGS MY LOVES!!!

missed you all and these threads immensely 💖💖💖

couldn’t help but notice this particular picture on her stories today… what the duck is this tit??? Alex is looking like he’s been dressed by his mum going to a 5ive concert for duck sake…
He has the posture of a defeated man.

Reactions: 6
Screenshot_2021-10-08-23-59-54-83_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

Lmao Tamara might have been nasty AF, but the queen of influencers took a photo with her!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Genuine question : So from what we have seen (or rather, not seen), Vic has no friends from the continent ? She is only friends with English influencers ?

Reactions: 8
Genuine question : So from what we have seen (or rather, not seen), Vic has no friends from the continent ? She is only friends with English influencers ?
Does she even have friends? That is the question.

It doesn't help her at all, no genuine friends, career down the drain, a life of lies are all she has. I feel bad for her, but she created all this mess on her own.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
What baffles me is she went to fashion week and Leonie was there but they had 0 interaction. Wasn’t Leonie at her wedding? And didn’t they meet up recently in London as well?

Also what is this? 🤣
05157579-314B-46B9-8C81-B4230C214BAE.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
What does that caption even mean? Why does she look different in every single photo? Put down the Photoshop

Reactions: 13
What baffles me is she went to fashion week and Leonie was there but they had 0 interaction. Wasn’t Leonie at her wedding? And didn’t they meet up recently in London as well?
ha, I had no idea Leonie had been to her wedding! Was that purely for engagement and coverage? How grim.

I don’t know too much about Tamara and Leonie but they both look, to me, much more like “fashion” girls that Victoria. Is it that they’re European and model-like? Victoria’s awful tweed suits and grey hair — not to mention her childish, tattoo-covered boyfriend — just aren’t doing her any favours. There is such a juxtaposition between his skateboard 🛹 look and her Stepford wife look that makes zero sense

• Haha
Reactions: 21
A quick history:

Yes, Victoria and Leonie used to be work friends. She had a collection with Amazon around 2019, and she invited Victoria and Alex to the launch party, as it coincided with Leonie's BF Alex's birthday as well. Amelia and Tamara were also there, and what happened was Victoria ignored the hosts all night, and focused on her Alex + all the freebies Amazon will give to them.

Leonie must have been offended and rightfully so, since then she has ignored all Victoria's tags on IG, especially when Leonie is gaining momentum on TikTok during lockdown.

It does help that Leonie's profile is what luxury brands are after: rich, tall, skinny, white and German. She also comes from an entrepreneurial family too, and she worked corporate before getting on fashion. She comes from money. Tamara on the other hand is a hot mess: look at her threads here at Tattle.

Leonie's profile was even boosted during Cannes film festival: Vogue placed her on the best dressed list. Victoria only was invited in Venice, as a guest of Armani beauty. Before she left Gleam, she used to have a lot of trips every month, but she took so highly of herself, left Gleam and placed her team in Chicago. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think it's pretty easy: Leonie has tons of tit to do during fashion week and probably plain doesn't have time for someone like Vic, I mean no one is really friends with each other on instagram, they all use each other for likes, clicks and fame aka money. Who knows, maybe they had a quick "heiiiii baaabtthhhzzz <3" chat, but no pics or anything, because Leonie had more important people to talk to, she is there to work and takes that very seriously afaik.

Reactions: 8
Screenshot_20211009-111855.jpg

Should we really be celebrating the fact that these workers aren't allowed to sit down??

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
Is “I feel like” the new “like”? It seems to be littering everyone’s sentences these days… Influencers seem to use it incessantly. That caption doesn’t need “I feel like” in it. Just say what you actually mean properly!

“I feel like…”
“I’m not gonna lie…”
“Oh my GOODNESS guys”
“I’m literally so excited”

God influencers are insufferable 😅 why do we do it to ourselves!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
View attachment 801652

Should we really be celebrating the fact that these workers aren't allowed to sit down??
This was EXACTLY my response to reading this. Absolutely not! Even if they choose to stand, they must have chairs available and also cushioned mats. It’s part of the Italian labor code and typically required under social compliance guidelines.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
View attachment 801652

For the love of god, put your mask over your nose.. How many I see daily and their noses hanging outside their masks. If the strings are too long, just cross them like the red lines.
1633778740877.png
1633778922922.png

I know she is wearing glasses, and they maybe become foggy, but at least wear your mask properly when you're standing next/in front of a person and interacting with them.

Also, I highly doubt that there are any "robots" that can churn out a fully made bag in "minutes". That's not how it works. The cutting of the pieces can be automatized, but the sewing has to be at least semi-manually, with the help of sewing machines of course. There is too much detail to a handbag for total automatization. The quality of bags, shoes, clothes comes from the materials used and how it is sewn together and how strict quality control is. Not if a (none existent) "robot" produced it.

HAHAHAHAHA (scrolled more down and this showed up)
1633778848164.png

Is “I feel like” the new “like”? It seems to be littering everyone’s sentences these days… Influencers seem to use it incessantly. That caption doesn’t need “I feel like” in it. Just say what you actually mean properly!

“I feel like…”
“I’m not gonna lie…”
“Oh my GOODNESS guys”
“I’m literally so excited”

God influencers are insufferable 😅 why do we do it to ourselves!
I hate in German when people use "quasi" it means "something like, similar to" but they use it in a context where it isn't "quasi" but actually exactly like that of what they try to compare.
Person explains: "I went quasi down the stairs" - What person actually did: They went ACTUALLY the frigin stairs down.
Correct use would be: Taking the escalator is quasi the same as taking the stairs, but it's more comfortable, since an escalator is automated. Or, "she went quasi down the stairs" when she actually "feel the stairs down".

I think I have an annoyed day today... quasi.

Last edited:
  • Haha
View attachment 801652

This tells me she's never done work like that. I did packing work over university summers and standing all day is hard. You get more used to it but it's not easy. The place may be bright but it's a production line, there's no creativity, you do your small job over and over and over again and you do it the same way each time. It's time and motion. No different to Henry Ford's production lines.

Reactions: 20
This tells me she's never done work like that. I did packing work over university summers and standing all day is hard. You get more used to it but it's not easy. The place may be bright but it's a production line, there's no creativity, you do your small job over and over and over again and you do it the same way each time. It's time and motion. No different to Henry Ford's production lines.
Very well said. And her assumption that automated production is somehow less than something made in an atelier is rooted in racism. Clearly, she didn’t see the coverage from one of Gucci’s Indian embroidery ateliers and the working conditions the artisans were in. Just because it’s luxury, doesn’t mean it was made with workers’ rights and health and safety in mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Very well said. And her assumption that automated production is somehow less than something made in an atelier is rooted in racism. Clearly, she didn’t see the coverage from one of Gucci’s Indian embroidery ateliers and the working conditions the artisans were in. Just because it’s luxury, doesn’t mean it was made with workers’ rights and health and safety in mind.
When you say it’s rooted in Racism, are you saying she’s somehow racist for thinking this method of production is “better quality” or “more luxury” than one which is automated?

Reactions: 4
When you say it’s rooted in Racism, are you saying she’s somehow racist for thinking this method of production is “better quality” or “more luxury” than one which is automated?
I understand it that @poopettemetis meant that Vic thinks production from European luxury labels is superior to high street because it's supposedly done in Europe and not "automated". But I see where you are coming from.
The level of automatization says nothing about quality (materials and quality control do) nor does the country of production. Everyone hates on China, but in China, as in every other place in the world, you can find high-quality manufacturing. Same goes for India. But companies exploiting work and tax laws left and right.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.