Inthefrow #10 granny collection will never sell, crying on her bike & not looking well

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Official cop out “I’m not educated enough to speak on this issue” message from Vic. Why am I not surprised.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
2D4C7E62-1C9D-47EE-8B51-AC4979838DDF.png

Guys I don’t want to turn this political but I’m so infuriated by this message she posted. She’s literally washing her hands clean by saying “not my monkey not my circus” and it’s repulsive. What a vile human being. I suppose she was an expert on BLM when she posted about that? NOPE but it was popular and came with no repurcussions for her to speak up about it - so she did. So bloody selfish and self driven it makes me sick. Children are dying and because it might jeopardise her PR image she’d rather not use her voice to speak about it because she’s “not an expert”. Good God.
I posted this comment on her last, vapid post but she’ll likely delete it. Duh.

“I just think your last story about not speaking up on the genocide and human rights catastrophe that’s happening is so hypocritical because “you’re not an expert” - you’re not an expect on American politics or BAME and BLM minority politics either but when it was popular or expected you jumped on the band wagon to talk about it. But God forbid you should post about this atrocity and ruin some of your relationships within the PR and Media world which is highly controlled by people of Israeli heritage (I won’t say Jewish because this is nothing to do with Judaism as Jews do not represent the Zionist agenda currently causing this genocide). You won’t speak up because you don’t want to offend people and communities who benefit you here in the U.K., not because “you don’t know enough” - this isn’t an attack. It’s not a rude message. You’re entitled to do what you do or don’t want to do. But I am speaking up against it being dressed up as some bambi-esque excuse rather than it being you washing your hands clean of the moral conscience we all should have to speak up against this, even if it means we lose some relationships or contacts or popularity. It wasn’t popular to speak up during the Holocaust either; but some heroes still did because it was an atrocity and a genocide and the right thing to do. Peace ✌🏽

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
View attachment 575242
Guys I don’t want to turn this political but I’m so infuriated by this message she posted. She’s literally washing her hands clean by saying “not my monkey not my circus” and it’s repulsive. What a vile human being. I suppose she was an expert on BLM when she posted about that? NOPE but it was popular and came with no repurcussions for her to speak up about it - so she did. So bloody selfish and self driven it makes me sick. Children are dying and because it might jeopardise her PR image she’d rather not use her voice to speak about it because she’s “not an expert”. Good God.
I posted this comment on her last, vapid post but she’ll likely delete it. Duh.

“I just think your last story about not speaking up on the genocide and human rights catastrophe that’s happening is so hypocritical because “you’re not an expert” - you’re not an expect on American politics or BAME and BLM minority politics either but when it was popular or expected you jumped on the band wagon to talk about it. But God forbid you should post about this atrocity and ruin some of your relationships within the PR and Media world which is highly controlled by people of Israeli heritage (I won’t say Jewish because this is nothing to do with Judaism as Jews do not represent the Zionist agenda currently causing this genocide). You won’t speak up because you don’t want to offend people and communities who benefit you here in the U.K., not because “you don’t know enough” - this isn’t an attack. It’s not a rude message. You’re entitled to do what you do or don’t want to do. But I am speaking up against it being dressed up as some bambi-esque excuse rather than it being you washing your hands clean of the moral conscience we all should have to speak up against this, even if it means we lose some relationships or contacts or popularity. It wasn’t popular to speak up during the Holocaust either; but some heroes still did because it was an atrocity and a genocide and the right thing to do. Peace ✌🏽
Yep. Agree with all of this and how eloquently you argued your points.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It’s the “I’m not qualified to speak on it” for me.

You don’t need a PhD on the subject to speak out against genocide. Good grief. What a lazy and privileged position 🙈

Reactions: 30
I wouldn't bother asking Lydia for a comment on anything other than Lydia. She said the other day she lives in her own bubble and doesn't watch the news.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
As much as I dislike Vic, I can see that this is a lose lose for influencers. If they do speak up, it gets called performative. If they don’t they are called ignorant.

In reality, could Vic’s voice add anything worthwhile to the discussion?

• Heart
Reactions: 51
As much as I dislike Vic, I can see that this is a lose lose for influencers. If they do speak up, it gets called performative. If they don’t they are called ignorant.

I have to agree with this. I’ve seen the question asked on many threads about why the influencer isn’t talking about the conflict but I can’t help but think why do people want their opinion? I don’t know what rich white women based in England would really have to say or add to what’s already out there?

Actually vic admitting she’s not informed is the most honest thing she can do despite her hypocrisy of wading in on American politics and BLM.

But to me, that shows she doesn’t know much about world issues at all even on the subjects she has waded in on. She gets her American views from her mate that lives there (so shes not well read) and the rest she just copies Caroline Hirons (I remember her ranting about something and she was corrected and admitted she had just seen Caroline Hirons stories and ranted off the basis of that). Shes completely untrustworthy and I wouldn’t take anything she says with any credibility

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Guys. It’s Decades long genocide.
We’re not asking her for a thesis. A simple “I am learning about the happenings and so whilst I do not have much to contribute to the dialogue, I stand up for human rights of all, and that includes the human rights of the Palestinians in Gaza” would he sufficient and received with gratitude. Her virtue signaling of telling us monkeys - go read the news if you want to learn, I have no view and I see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing, in the face of genocide and war crimes, is, I’m sorry, but a repetition of all the people who stood quietly throughout history during similar atrocities. There is no equality of arms between the worlds 3rd strongest nuclear super power, and a small “open-air prison” that they call this embargoed piece of land (Gaza) which doesn’t even have an army. The latter is being combatted by the former, so you can appreciate that there is no symmetry or equality in their defence here.

Her post was worded in a way I have experienced people skirting confrontation and accountability of this atrocity for tens of years so please allow me to explain what was particularly thoughtless in her approach:
It refused to even say the word “Palestine” or “Palestinians” because she doesn’t want to affiliate herself with a “side” because she is scared, like most silenced people, of demonstrating that she is choosing one. This demonstrates that she is silent because she fears the repercussion of choosing “the wrong one”
This is the fear mongering that the alt. right has instilled which makes people wrongly believe that this is a Jew vs. Arab problem (it’s not, I’m a Christian and I am against the Israeli occupation), that standing up to the Israeli state sanctioned violence is anti-Semitic (it is absolutely not. Jewish people themselves are in scores condemning the Israeli government and calling to a halt to the apartheid and genocide and what is happening does NOT represent Judaism as a faith or Jewish people as practicers of that faith).

I won’t even touch on the self victimisation, and self centralising she *yet again* employed in her dialogue with a pre-amble on not wishing to state that state sanctioned ethnic cleansing is not a nice thing, because she has been taking steps to protect her mental health ? ? (make it make sense please).

And finally, if someone is more worried about being called “performative” than standing up to an atrocity happening to equal human beings during our time, then that is even worse than anything I can imagine for the state of our society.
During South African Apartheid, during the Holocaust, even during the Suffragettes people risked their lives to stand up for the rights of others - and here we are too scared to use a mobile phone to safely and simply write down an expression of our solidarity and use the same platforms and reach we use to gain commissions, and secure paid-for holidays, meals and clothes, even if with a simple few words saying: “I stand against all forms of genocide, apartheid, and oppression?”
This is not a lose-lose situation. This is an integrity and moral compass situation. And we must all call on our collective conscience to say something, even if we are challenged, because that is how we learn, that is how we teach one another, and that is how we stand up before it’s too late.
Governments get away with murder only through collective apathy, silence, and willful mutedness/blindness.
To your question - “could Vics voice add anything to the discussion?” Whilst Noam Chomsky she is not, for some reason unbeknownst to me, thousands of people who will truly know nothing about this, can be “influenced” by her setting an example the way she so carefully and successfully did when it suited her image and self-virtue for BLM, to say “hey guys we need to stand up for what is right; and it doesn’t take a PHD to know that we need to condemn what is happening in Gaza and to the Palestinian people. If you have any resources let’s all share and learn together.”
- Imagine how many people might be inspired by a message like that to actually LISTEN. instead of the one she posted whinging and complaining and self centralising, and not even humanising the oppressed by calling them by their name? Followed by a swift deletion of any respectful comments on her post on the matter. I’m sorry but just take a moment to think about what it would look like had she posted the exact same thing and deleted the exact same comments during BLM. Let’s not join the hypocrisy then by excusing it now.

I know it’s exhausting - but standing up for human rights is exhausting. It’s not fashion, fun and lifestyle. It’s life or death. It’s not a pleasant conversation but as members of privileged and free and safe and democratic(ish) societies it is our human duty to do the work.

Thank you for reading if you made it this far

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
Guys. It’s Decades long genocide.
We’re not asking her for a thesis. A simple “I am learning about the happenings and so whilst I do not have much to contribute to the dialogue, I stand up for human rights of all, and that includes the human rights of the Palestinians in Gaza” would he sufficient and received with gratitude. Her virtue signaling of telling us monkeys - go read the news if you want to learn, I have no view and I see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing, in the face of genocide and war crimes, is, I’m sorry, but a repetition of all the people who stood quietly throughout history during similar atrocities. There is no equality of arms between the worlds 3rd strongest nuclear super power, and a small “open-air prison” that they call this embargoed piece of land (Gaza) which doesn’t even have an army. The latter is being combatted by the former, so you can appreciate that there is no symmetry or equality in their defence here.

Her post was worded in a way I have experienced people skirting confrontation and accountability of this atrocity for tens of years so please allow me to explain what was particularly thoughtless in her approach:
It refused to even say the word “Palestine” or “Palestinians” because she doesn’t want to affiliate herself with a “side” because she is scared, like most silenced people, of demonstrating that she is choosing one. This demonstrates that she is silent because she fears the repercussion of choosing “the wrong one”
This is the fear mongering that the alt. right has instilled which makes people wrongly believe that this is a Jew vs. Arab problem (it’s not, I’m a Christian and I am against the Israeli occupation), that standing up to the Israeli state sanctioned violence is anti-Semitic (it is absolutely not. Jewish people themselves are in scores condemning the Israeli government and calling to a halt to the apartheid and genocide).

I won’t even touch on the self victimisation, and self centralising she *yet again* employed in her dialogue with a pre-amble on not wishing to state that state sanctioned ethnic cleansing is not a nice thing, because she has been taking steps to protect her mental health ? ? (make it make sense please).

And finally, if someone is more worried about being called “performative” than standing up to an atrocity happening to equal human beings during our time, then that is even worse than anything I can imagine for the state of our society.
During South African Apartheid, during the Holocaust, even during the Suffragettes people risked their lives to stand up for the rights of others - and we are too scared to write down our solidarity and use the same platforms and reach we use to gain commissions, and secure paid-for holidays, meals and clothes, to simply write down a few words saying: “I stand against all forms of genocide, apartheid, and oppression?”
This is not a lose-lose situation. This is an integrity and moral compass situation. And we must all call on our collective conscience to say something, even if we are challenged, because that is how we learn, that is how we teach one another, and that is how we stand up before it’s too late.
Governments get away with murder only through collective apathy, silence, and willful mutedness/blindness.

Thank you for reading if you made it this far
But how far do you extend it?
Have you questioned every person that you follow on social media (both with a following and without) and held them to the same standards?

Reactions: 10
But how far do you extend it?
Have you questioned every person that you follow on social media (both with a following and without) and held them to the same standards?
Me personally? To the best of my ability I have been calling on peers, friends and those I follow, and I have been practicing what I preach as best I can. I am no better than anyone, and have a long way to go, however at the very least do not delete feedback, and do not post stories complaining about social morality and the burden of the conscience it brings with it, and why I don’t want to participate in it. Please also kindly do not skirt around the fact that we are talking about someone who understands the weight of 1 million platform well enough to dedicate posts to the magnitude of its effects, and design dedicated hashtags to demonstrate and self document how effective her reach is. Is that reach only worthy of being put to use for fashun? Not human rights then?

After she deleted my very respectful comment on her post, I have messaged her once, and won’t again because I am not interested in targeting someone. But with that said I maintain little hope in any capacity for her to introspect, learn, or grow, as she professes to want to, and am sad to say my message will likely be taken as another reason to sulk and self-pity rather than to engage in dialogue - to which I would try to approach any response to her with kindness and respect. (truly. as much as I am not a fan).

Ive taken up enough space on the forum and don’t want to burden it too much with my narratives which I feel I could go on about forever so again thank you all for letting me hold space here and I take no offence at any disagreements - but have said I think what I can in good conscience on the matter, so won’t repeat it via different arguments.

Finally as Uncle Parker famously said to Spiderman “with great power comes great responsibility” :) :)

♥
0397BC35-D7B2-4138-8C33-5DA60C009105.png
107DE49B-AFD0-4894-8C57-2B6D7B1A36FF.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
What has she done to her face? :oops: She looks like a muppet!
Those lips and brows are going to haunt me.

20210516_152220.jpg
20210516_152209.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
What has she done to her face? :oops: She looks like a muppet!
Those lips and brows are going to haunt me.

View attachment 576548 View attachment 576547
She looks like Kim Zolchiak in the top photo. Def not a good look.

I don’t think it’s fair to expect influencers to have opinions on real issues because they obviously live in bubbles where real issues don’t affect them. But we live in a world now where social issues are interwoven into all the things these influencers think they’re experts in (fashion, lifestyle, beauty, etc etc). So yeah, at the risk of being performative, speak the duck up. The more she speaks up about anti-racism issues and matches her actions to her words, the less performative she becomes. That’s part of the unlearning, relearning and transitioning into being an ally. By not publicly showing support for Palestinians, she’s making her BLM commentary all the more performative. If she’s serious about doing anti-racism and anti-colonialism work to support BLM, then she has to be ready to support Palestine. Recognizing the privilege she has in life and also platform means taking risks and speaking up for those who can’t or won’t be listened to.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
She looks like Kim Zolchiak in the top photo. Def not a good look.

I don’t think it’s fair to expect influencers to have opinions on real issues because they obviously live in bubbles where real issues don’t affect them. But we live in a world now where social issues are interwoven into all the things these influencers think they’re experts in (fashion, lifestyle, beauty, etc etc). So yeah, at the risk of being performative, speak the duck up. The more she speaks up about anti-racism issues and matches her actions to her words, the less performative she becomes. That’s part of the unlearning, relearning and transitioning into being an ally. By not publicly showing support for Palestinians, she’s making her BLM commentary all the more performative. If she’s serious about doing anti-racism and anti-colonialism work to support BLM, then she has to be ready to support Palestine. Recognizing the privilege she has in life and also platform means taking risks and speaking up for those who can’t or won’t be listened to.
You said it all better (and more succinctly) than I could lovely!!

and Lol Kim Zolchiak 🙈 - at least the awful lopsided effects of the fox-eye brow lift she had done has calmed down now. That constantly shocked, one brow higher than the other, skin sewed up to her temples look, did nat look comfortable. Thankfully that stuff wears off. Wish people would just learn to love their own faces. (but also your face your choice)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Sending love to everyone in this thread! ❤❤

I think Vic made her situation worse here because she commented saying she’s not going to comment — which is silly. She also did so in such an overtly uneducated and *woe* is me way.

To lighten the mood, I had a looksy at how the “inthefrowfinds” hashtag she made such a fuss over last week is doing....

Not exactly a huge wave of support! More like a tepid response from 1 person editing two old posts she’d already shared. Hmmm!! 🙃

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Sending love to everyone in this thread! ❤❤

I think Vic made her situation worse here because she commented saying she’s not going to comment — which is silly. She also did so in such an overtly uneducated and *woe* is me way.

To lighten the mood, I had a looksy at how the “inthefrowfinds” hashtag she made such a fuss over last week is doing....

Not exactly a huge wave of support! More like a tepid response from 1 person editing two old posts she’d already shared. Hmmm!! 🙃
Lols. That really did lighten the mood. Maybe I’m wrong about the impact she’d have 🤣

sending love back out to everyone. don’t want to bring a heavy mood to anyone’s weekend. hope ur all enjoying the beautiful british weather 😒😒

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Haven’t watched the vlog but wonder if they are planning to move out of MK because now she’s fallen out with Lydia they don’t have friends round there anymore?
Didn't Josie buy a house to rent out in the Cotswolds? I feel like Lydia has been harping on about vacation homes too. I will watch later but I'm going to guess Vic wants to buy a holiday let.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.