Interior Design masters

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m kind of underwhelmed with this series
I think the show kept Monica in for so long is probably to do with her ADHD , otherwise it would have been brought up about disorganised approach to the challenges

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don’t understand how Michelle can judge without speaking to the owners - they gave the brief!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Show needs a refresh. Here are my suggestions. What are yours?

New judge or at least one other permanent judge - Matthew Williamson for me. He has a different style from Michelle (which I like) - and isn’t afraid to say he disagrees with Michelle.

Needs 3 days per project rather than 2. I know it adds to the drama and brings forth tears and stress in the rush of it all to provide a bit of viewer titillation but when you look at some of the workmanship, it’s pants.

Needs more input from the people who are allowing their premises to be made over. What do they think works or doesn’t, was the brief realised?

Finally, and I say this carefully, aren’t there any male heterosexual men interested in interior design? The contestants are getting samey - women or gay men. Please don’t take that as a homophobic comment, there doesn’t seem to be much diversity in the competitors.

Edited to say - oh and Alan stays. Can do no wrong in my eyes. I think he was filming this the same time as the Sicily makeover show with Amanda Holden and he doesn’t seem to have been as present on the builds.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Needs more input from the people who are allowing their premises to be made over. What do they think works or doesn’t, was the brief realised?
I like what they have in Glow Up - the person gives the brief for the first challenge and then in the main challenge that person is the third judge. I don’t know if this can work here but I wonder if the judge or future judges could take the clients views on board.
---
Finally, and I say this carefully, aren’t there any male heterosexual men interested in interior design? The contestants are getting samey - women or gay men. Please don’t take that as a homophobic comment, there doesn’t seem to be much diversity in the competitors.
One thing I praise this show for is the age diversity in the sense they aren’t all 18-23 which I find common in a lot of shows. And they don’t all have a background in interior design (Temi was a lawyer for example)

Reactions: 14
I think the reason they only do 2 days is because it’s done during the weekend because the contestants work during the week? The same as bake off? Correct me if I’m wrong.

I think this is the worst season yet for me.

Reactions: 8
Did anyone watch the original series The Great Interior Design Challenge? I much preferred that over this show/format but I’m still watching. I liked that they visited really interesting and unique architectural buildings and homes. The new build show homes and high rise modern flats just don’t do it for me!!

Reactions: 7
I watched Banjos show last night, as another poster said, gentle viewing with my decaf yorkshire tea! It’s essentially IDM without the judges, you get to know the brief and business beforehand, although no fancy visuals showing you his design. Higher budget, few more days. He was always so good at telling a story and putting personal touches in the spaces! Think I’ll continue to watch, I’ve been watching Alan and Amanda’s Sicily show, although they haven’t designed anything, they barely lift a finger and they seem to go out on shopping day trips more than graft lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve just managed to watch it now after being at work on Tuesday. Urgh! I had a feeling this was going to happen. Not Tom going but Monika being in the final. At this point I’m thinking she is going to win it. As a previous poster she is Cassie 2.0. Cassie should absolutely never have got to the final or won after that horrendous hotel room she ‘designed’. I feel the same about Monika.
Edited to add the hotel photos and these are on her website and make it look a million times better but the awful terracotta (I’m sure she repeated 🤢 terracotta in the final). What is so much worse was all the dust collectors. The ‘draping’ made me want to crawl in a ball and disappear

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Who was Cassie? I don't remember her. I agree that they should give it a bit of a shake up. I think Michelle is rubbish - she constantly contradicts herself and we're never given any background on why we should be listening to what she says anyway - what is her experience in interior design? I agree that Matthew Williamson would be great.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’d like to see more “old skool” designers as guest judges like Kelly Hoppen (although the colour taupe and greige have been overdone) and dare I say it Jeff Banks - I still have those Ports of Call curtains from his home furnishings range 😆

Reactions: 3
I didn’t like anything about Monica’s design it looked soulless not rock chick.
I’m telling you now her bar will be tit

• Haha
Reactions: 5