Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the two shows are completely different with different production companies

Reactions: 2
They may have different production companies, I don't know, but the set up is pretty much the same. If anything since Alan carr was added it's become more about entertainment than it had about finding genuine interior design talent

Reactions: 4
They may have different production companies, I don't know, but the set up is pretty much the same. If anything since Alan carr was added it's become more about entertainment than it had about finding genuine interior design talent
Yes agreed, like they wanted quirky characters rather than amateur interior designers. The standard is extremely poor this year compared to previous years.

I think the two shows are completely different with different production companies
I agree, I don't think this is the same show. I loved Great Interior Design Challenge! I've really enjoyed Interior Design Masters too, at least the last two series. This series is so dull and disappointing. Last episode I kept saying to myself the same thing as others are mentioning - hanging foliage is an absolute no-no, flowers in test tubes will look terrible in 24 hours, everything will collect dust and be uncleanable, kitchen redesigns were totally impractical. I feel as if Michelle's given up in this series because all those design flaws are pretty unforgiveable IMO, but maybe she realises the designers aren't really very good and wants to get to the end asap. And I couldn't understand why they loved Monica's outside space because it was an absolute nothing - neither good nor bad, just there.

I couldn't care less who wins this time. The talent is seriously lacking. Apart from Alan, whom I adore (even if he does pull the attention entirely on to himself and away from the designs - maybe not such a bad thing in this series!).

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Michelle used to run an interiors mag so she thinks she is a designer. She is bloody awful. I work in the industry, some people fawn over her - more so when she was Elle Deco editor, before she got let go - but basically she is a witch. Models herself (for some reason) on Devil wears Prada attitude.

These shows are pure entertainment, nothing about the real business of providing interior design to a client.

Reactions: 10
I feel like I could have Michelle's role just swan about in expensive neon dresses and say "I find the language in here so unexpected and actually I love/hate it" there is no rhyme or reason to what she does or doesn't like!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I don’t get mean vibes from Miche, she is too drippy to have vibes.

Those comedy skits she does with Alan at the start of the programme make me cringe. Not at him, at her.

I would like Matthew Williamson, I like his style.

Reactions: 7
These shows are pure entertainment, nothing about the real business of providing interior design to a client.
I agree - I may be wrong but I don’t know if any interior designer who works alongside an interior designer on the same project/room? And how they have to change their styles - I get that you need to expand on your ideas but if you hire an interior designer it’s because you like their aesthetic, surely?
---
Temi’s plywood kitchen was so badly made.
I’ve only watched this series but something that has jumped out at me is how badly finished things are. Patchy paintwork, things not lining up, badly drawn mural’s, everything is made from what looks like MDF. It’s trying to be chic and exclusive but at times it comes off as 60 Minute Makeover. Also a bit disappointing that the places don’t keep the final designs. I get for a lot of them they wouldn’t be able to but takes away the fun knowing that it’s all temporary.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I agree, I don't think this is the same show. I loved Great Interior Design Challenge! I've really enjoyed Interior Design Masters too, at least the last two series. This series is so dull and disappointing. Last episode I kept saying to myself the same thing as others are mentioning - hanging foliage is an absolute no-no, flowers in test tubes will look terrible in 24 hours, everything will collect dust and be uncleanable, kitchen redesigns were totally impractical. I feel as if Michelle's given up in this series because all those design flaws are pretty unforgiveable IMO, but maybe she realises the designers aren't really very good and wants to get to the end asap. And I couldn't understand why they loved Monica's outside space because it was an absolute nothing - neither good nor bad, just there.

I couldn't care less who wins this time. The talent is seriously lacking. Apart from Alan, whom I adore (even if he does pull the attention entirely on to himself and away from the designs - maybe not such a bad thing in this series!).
Yes the designers seem to be temporarily dressing and decorating a room rather than redesigning it.
A different skill really.

Reactions: 8
I’m actually watching it live for a change - I wonder what shower of shite Monica will get away with this week.

• Haha
Sadly wrong person went out - but for the right reasons this week, but only just :cry:
But honestly how Monica has got this far is baffling. Surely this is Jack's to lose?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.