Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just managed to watch it now after being at work on Tuesday. Urgh! I had a feeling this was going to happen. Not Tom going but Monika being in the final. At this point I’m thinking she is going to win it. As a previous poster she is Cassie 2.0. Cassie should absolutely never have got to the final or won after that horrendous hotel room she ‘designed’. I feel the same about Monika.
Edited to add the hotel photos and these are on her website and make it look a million times better but the awful terracotta (I’m sure she repeated 🤢 terracotta in the final). What is so much worse was all the dust collectors. The ‘draping’ made me want to crawl in a ball and disappear
Was this the Chocolate hotel? Where they had to design rooms based on white, milk and dark chocolate?

Reactions: 1
Finally caught up and I’m sad for Tom. How would Monika cope in the real world of being an Interior Designer commissioned by a client to do something that didn’t fit her own personal style/interests? It’s all variations on the gothic horror theme. When she had something wrapped up in a blanket that she was glad hadn’t got damaged I thought it was going to be more stuffed roadkill for the wall 😂

I didn’t mind her colour choices - as in how they worked together rather than for the space as I thought it was too dark - or the wall with frames, but the hanging lampshades looked cheap and the lighting was a mess. I also thought the mirrors were too small to be practical for a range of heights and to help reflect light.

I think the finish on Jack’s was the best although not sure how he could think the mdf tree would scream VIP.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Has anyone seen the first episode of the new channel 4 series big interior battle? Is it worth to watch?

Has anyone seen the first episode of the new channel 4 series big interior battle? Is it worth to watch?
I’ve just watched it. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. A bit more reality/ game based with the swipe key cards to see if you’ve been booted out. But I liked the fact they all had the same space to design and we heard from the developers too. I’ll stick with it.

Reactions: 2
Yes, very different to this, some very off the wall ideas, but it was ok & AJ didn't annoy me as much as I thought she would! 😃
How much is she on it and do you have to listen to her in order to grasp the challenge? I cannot stand her voice so I’d want to fast forward all of her content. Is that feasible?

How much is she on it and do you have to listen to her in order to grasp the challenge? I cannot stand her voice so I’d want to fast forward all of her content. Is that feasible?
Id like to know this too. Her voices really grates on me 😣

I prefer Monika's too 😬 But has she bitten off more than she can chew?
Surprised Jack didn't chose Ry as his assistant - maybe he wasn't available.

Reactions: 4
I prefer Monika's too 😬 But has she bitten off more than she can chew?
Surprised Jack didn't chose Ry as his assistant - maybe he wasn't available.
I think she could win with this design, but like you say, IF she pulls it off

Oh bloody hell Monika is blubbing again.
Even if she won I would HATE to hire her as a designer. Far too worrying.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Absolutely raging, picking a designer than did the same thing week in week out, was constantly having breakdowns and was even rude to the trades people. Monika should have gone home weeks ago never mind won it

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Absolutely raging, picking a designer than did the same thing week in week out, was constantly having breakdowns and was even rude to the trades people. Monika should have gone home weeks ago never mind won it
Agree. She did do best in the final - but should never have been in the final 🤷‍♀️
She actually managed to do best ONCE but that once flukily was the final.
And it really all rested on her gold leaf bar tbf. Which was nice.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.