Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
I have to say I got teary when Amy was talking about her struggles with fertility. I think the show did her a world of good!

me too - she was very Frank about the impact it had on her. I hope she goes on to thrive with interior design x

Reactions: 4

PryingPenny

Chatty Member
agree that the prize being a la redoute furniture line and not a doing up a resort contract is really underwhelming? i'd be miffed lol

the overall quality seems to be a lot higher this year but there's always ppl who miss obvious cues to make changes, and i've been able to tell from the editing the last few seasons who's going home. imagine being one of the loud outgoing ones who's sooo confident and end up in the bottom three though 🙃
I think it's now more popular for people to have their own featured ranges, things like Asda and Tesco and in the style, but it's another reason I think it's now much more social media based, though maybe that's now the bread and butter of interior designers.

I thought the location for last night was beautiful, part of me would prefer to go stay in an authentic nun's room than one covered in lurid floral 😂

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I prefer Monika's too 😬 But has she bitten off more than she can chew?
Surprised Jack didn't chose Ry as his assistant - maybe he wasn't available.

Clickbait

VIP Member
Michelle seems one removed from life IYSWIM.

Alan doesn’t seem to be doing as much this time. Not masses of interaction with the contestants.

I am not enjoying this series as much.
I’m wondering about the timing of filming - it seems very sunny and they mentioned it being hot which suggests last Summer when I think he was also filming the series with Amanda Holden in Sicily. Perhaps he wasn’t as involved this year or experiencing burn out from being overworked and going through his divorce?

I agree this series is falling rather flat, the challenges haven’t been as interesting although I always enjoy shop week which is coming up next.

In Episode 4 (28 March), the designers discover they’ll be heading to Harrogate in North Yorkshire to transform three independent shops. Working in teams of two, the designers will be making over either a fashion store, a women’s shoe outlet or a sheepskin shop. Each unit has an individual brief with different requirements but before they can begin, the teams must pitch their plans to the shop owners, who will decide which idea they prefer and nominate a lead designer for each team.

With a budget of £3,000 per shop, a team of tradespeople and only two days to create their designs, the pressure is on. Scrutinising the designs alongside Michelle this week is retail space expert Ross Bailey. Ross and Michelle discover impactful windows, unique design features and extraordinary makeovers, but have the designers thought about the all-important customer journey?

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
i just don't get why amy didn't put her prints and patterns on fabrics (like paul did in the cafe) to mix it up a bit and show some versatility. i'd imagine a custom table top contact paper in the cafe would've looked so much nicer than fake marble ...

Mark81

VIP Member
Matts is getting used and she has 2.9 million followers so must be quite well known

IndominusRex

VIP Member
Francesca is Carol from Last Man on Earth. Hannah is Liv from Made in Chelsea. I wouldn’t have paid to stay in any of those rooms but I liked the texture one best.

Mark81

VIP Member
I think Kate Watson-Smyth and Sophie Robinson would be good judges. Their podcast has moments of madness and they often balance out each others opinions. Good friends with completely different taste. Michelle’s seems to struggle when a design doesn’t suit her. That was very evident this week with the difference of opinion
Sophie Robinson Was actually a judge in the series early days when it was called the Great interior design challenge.

Magee

VIP Member
I’m actually watching it live for a change - I wonder what shower of shite Monica will get away with this week.

• Haha