Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Restless Native

VIP Member
But aren't they to be rented out in future, so it should be to attract renters as they can't redecorate so putting it back isn't so much an issue as it's not the renters doing the decorating. It's for the landlords to appeal to future renters?
Yeah isn't it sort of show flats?

Reactions: 5

unidentified

VIP Member
I did really like Banjo and his designs but part of me did feel they all ended up a bit samey. Amy definitely got the harder space again and definitely made some bolder choices with a harder brief.

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
i've met one of the trades on the show in the past year and they film from june to august i think? so around 8 weeks, one project / episode a week iirc. i'm assuming they get the brief and a week to plan / buy etc, even the roles this week needed to be decided in advance so they could source the right stuff. agree the consensus with last nigths ep the group country reveal was filmed after the makeovers were done too

BridgetJones

Im kinda pissed Michelle kicked Ry. I thought Jack and Ry would make it into the final! Now, to me it is pretty obvious who will win the season.
I agree, Ibiza boy should have gone this week!

BridgetJones

I love that show, glad to see there is a thread for it!

I found the first season of the show on german netflix at the very first lockdown and felt in love with it, i couldn't wait for season two. You guys in the UK are pretty lucky to have such creative shows, german tv is just shit.

In season one Nicki was my favorite, i really liked her designs and was quite sad she had to leave so early. Season 2 was just meh, does anyone else feel like this? All in general i have to say the last two seasons they always choosed the wrong winner.

In this season i'm actually surprised my two faves from the very beginning are entering the final! Looks like they will design clubs next episode? Can't wait for it but i'm already sad the season is nearly over and it will take another year for new episodes.

Talking about the cafés they design: you guys have to check the cafés on google reviews, people usually posts photos on there and so you can see if they already changed something. I haven't check the cafés from this season yet but i once did it at the first season and it was interesting too see what the owners dislike and what disapeared.

Alright guys, double post incoming:

i just checked the two cafes from episode 6. Sadly there are not enough pictures but you can see the outside of the cafe from the girls team. They changed the logo back to the old one.

The cafe from the boys team didn’t change anything from the outside, but a picture from the inside shows they took the reception counter away and fixed the curtains at the entrance.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Entirely unrelated but I don't think Roisin's glasses suit her at all.

Mm both designs look good so far?

Lady_H

VIP Member
I’m watching too. Love this show. I need to catch up on last nights episode which I will do to tonight!

I was also deeply underwhelmed by last week’s hotel rooms. I thought Banjo (?) did the best job with his dark green effort. The “luxcycling” woman, I think her name is Abi, did a absolutely hideous job with that dangling wisteria. It was the sort of thing a 7 year old girl would want in her bedroom.

Luna252

VIP Member
Not sure about Matt’s blue armchairs. I think teal would’ve looked more premium and go well with the gold details.

ack13

About to finish episode one and all I can think about is how bloody irritating Francesca is. The rooms all look a bit shit so far.

Beaology

I didn’t like anything about Monica’s design it looked soulless not rock chick.
I’m telling you now her bar will be shit…

• Haha

hannah123

VIP Member
The pictures of the pub now make the bar look dirty and too manly, likes it’s just somewhere men meet up for a pint or two on a Saturday. Not somewhere I’d take the family of all ages for food, but maybe that’s just down to taste.
---
---

What. The. Fuck. Is. That.
Is there a reason it’s off centre?
---
I can’t remember, I watched series 1 about 3 years ago in lockdown and they had hotels and each room was a different chocolate theme of milk, white and dark. I just remember Michelle loving that one but I thought it was so hideous it sometimes still just randomly comes to my mind even now.

• Haha

gimm3more

VIP Member
I really enjoyed that episode, although you could tell from about 15 minutes in that Ash was going home. Really like Matt and Domnall. Think this could be a good series. The look on the Spanish guy’s face when they said his team had lost was priceless, he really thought he was safe because he won last week.
I also really really want a trip to Chester zoo now.

• Haha

Magee

VIP Member
They’re all so meh this year, been a weak season! How the Polish woman scabbed through again is beyond me