Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel a bit underwhelmed…I wish they would give that little bit more time. The finish is always shoddy and it makes me cringe to think they could leave a place like that. I really miss the sitting down with the client to discuss the brief and getting their feedback.

Reactions: 16
Some of the decorating as in actual painting and or wall papering seems amateurish. It makes my husband look like a master decorator. I mean if I’m paying an interior designer it would need to look top notch. Chances of me hiring an interior designer slim to zero!! And I mean if you can’t see that putting a photo of a nun smoking in an old nunnery room is crass what are you even doing!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m surprised they didn’t address some of the impracticalities in the rooms, particularly with it being a B&B. For example, the upholsterer who put the canopy/headboard on the wall to the side of the bed. Think of all the people leaning up against that sweaty in bed, and getting it covered in other bodily fluids 🤢

The sink in a wardrobe probably starting to smell damp and foisty. I also thought the bed running widthways rather than lengthways meant it wouldn’t be wide enough for a lot of people surely?

Reactions: 12
I’m surprised they didn’t address some of the impracticalities in the rooms, particularly with it being a B&B. For example, the upholsterer who put the canopy/headboard on the wall to the side of the bed. Think of all the people leaning up against that sweaty in bed, and getting it covered in other bodily fluids 🤢

The sink in a wardrobe probably starting to smell damp and foisty. I also thought the bed running widthways rather than lengthways meant it wouldn’t be wide enough for a lot of people surely?
I don’t think it’s a proper B&B yet so they could potentially change some of the rooms

Attachments

Reactions: 4
They lost me at the brief.
I love to complain about sad beige influencers who read the White Company catalogue like the bible, but this might be one of the places that actually could take that minimalist, rustic farmhouse style. The screenshot @gimm3more posted, that's what I would expect from a place like that.
But then, I am watching for the yummy builders.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I hated Andy Pandy and the Victorian Train carriage man, they were both OTT tossers. The train carriage room was awful, I'd hate to stay in it but he did have a very clear style and it had a good finish to it.. I loved the African inspired room and the Sound of Music room.

Much better quality, so far this year. I'm going to love being irritated by the attention seeking poseurs

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think the right person went, they weren't ready for the challenge and it felt a bit of a hodge podge. I hate the attention seeker ones, some of them are so extra! My favourite season was 2022, Banjo was likeable without being irritating and I loved his solo show but I really loved Amy too. I think this year seems to have gone the way of a lot of reality tv shows, people are recruited who already have a presence on social media and who perhaps like the spotlight, I hope I'm wrong!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I hated Andy Pandy and the Victorian Train carriage man, they were both OTT tossers. The train carriage room was awful, I'd hate to stay in it but he did have a very clear style and it had a good finish to it.. I loved the African inspired room and the Sound of Music room.

Much better quality, so far this year. I'm going to love being irritated by the attention seeking poseurs
That train room just felt so cramped and dark but like you said he had a clear vision and the execution - albeit not to my taste - was good. I thought it was really clever to hide the ugly sink behind a built in cupboard!

Reactions: 8
I noticed the prize is completely different this year. It's to design their own product line rather than winning a contract to decorate somewhere. So could there be a completely different type of winner?

Reactions: 10
The right person definitely went - it just felt like she was winging it the whole way through

I was surprised at how much they loved the young guy's room as it looked quite basic and was difficult to see how it worked on screen. Maybe was just one you had to see IRL. I really like the Spanish guy with the pinny, sorry 😆. He just seems quite jolly without being too irritating

I guess they made a decision not to mention any of the shoddy workmanship - some of the close ups of the upholstery looked crap and you could see the bubbling on that nun poster

Reactions: 9
agree that the prize being a la redoute furniture line and not a doing up a resort contract is really underwhelming? i'd be miffed lol

the overall quality seems to be a lot higher this year but there's always ppl who miss obvious cues to make changes, and i've been able to tell from the editing the last few seasons who's going home. imagine being one of the loud outgoing ones who's sooo confident and end up in the bottom three though 🙃

Reactions: 5
agree that the prize being a la redoute furniture line and not a doing up a resort contract is really underwhelming? i'd be miffed lol

the overall quality seems to be a lot higher this year but there's always ppl who miss obvious cues to make changes, and i've been able to tell from the editing the last few seasons who's going home. imagine being one of the loud outgoing ones who's sooo confident and end up in the bottom three though 🙃
I think it's now more popular for people to have their own featured ranges, things like Asda and Tesco and in the style, but it's another reason I think it's now much more social media based, though maybe that's now the bread and butter of interior designers.

I thought the location for last night was beautiful, part of me would prefer to go stay in an authentic nun's room than one covered in lurid floral 😂

Reactions: 4
I'm half way through the first episode.

1) I wouldn't be able to live in any of their homes, I'd have a migraine constantly. Why do they never choose anyone with a normal house? Interior design isn't just throwing 50 different fabrics and 30 graphic art prints at a wall. Where are my minimalists at?!

2) Not a single person here is not completely delulu in some way and probably needs therapy not a TV show.

3) I hate every single design so far. I'm prepared to change this opinion as the rooms get more complete.

Reactions: 10
I'm half way through the first episode.

1) I wouldn't be able to live in any of their homes, I'd have a migraine constantly. Why do they never choose anyone with a normal house? Interior design isn't just throwing 50 different fabrics and 30 graphic art prints at a wall. Where are my minimalists at?!

2) Not a single person here is not completely delulu in some way and probably needs therapy not a TV show.

3) I hate every single design so far. I'm prepared to change this opinion as the rooms get more complete.
This is where Andy Pandy woman went wrong with her design - compared to Roisin

Reactions: 7
The upholsterer one isn't disgusting. Don't like the green with the orange and the warm wood flooring but ok.

The sound of music one is bleeping weird.

The Caribbean and Kenyan rooms are dull.

The Spanish mans room looks like a panic attack waiting to happen. And so impractical?

Andy Pandy's room looks like a 6 year old girl vomited on it.

The nun on the wardrobe would give me sleep paralysis nightmares.

Hate that green/orange/yellow room too, christ are these people all colour blind?

The heaviness of that floral room. Wow. Oppressive.

Don't mind the graphic textural room, but it;'s a bit 70s.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
About to finish episode one and all I can think about is how bloody irritating Francesca is. The rooms all look a bit tit so far.

Reactions: 5
The upholsterer one isn't disgusting. Don't like the green with the orange and the warm wood flooring but ok.

The sound of music one is bleeping weird.

The Caribbean and Kenyan rooms are dull.

The Spanish mans room looks like a panic attack waiting to happen. And so impractical?

Andy Pandy's room looks like a 6 year old girl vomited on it.

The nun on the wardrobe would give me sleep paralysis nightmares.

Hate that green/orange/yellow room too, christ are these people all colour blind?

The heaviness of that floral room. Wow. Oppressive.

Don't mind the graphic textural room, but it;'s a bit 70s.
Perfect summary!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.