Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
agree that the prize being a la redoute furniture line and not a doing up a resort contract is really underwhelming? i'd be miffed lol

the overall quality seems to be a lot higher this year but there's always ppl who miss obvious cues to make changes, and i've been able to tell from the editing the last few seasons who's going home. imagine being one of the loud outgoing ones who's sooo confident and end up in the bottom three though 🙃

Reactions: 5

Mark81

VIP Member
i've got to be honest i don't really see in matt what the rest of this thread seems to. yes he's competent and his designs are practical and well thought through but they're all sides of the same coin imo. yes roisin can overuse green but matt does the same with the concrete effect walls and isn't pulled up. the big thing i noticed this week was the lack of depth to both his and ben's designs. it felt very flat and intimidating, you could tell by michelle and sophie's body language that they felt a lot more comfortable in roisin's room and that's probably why she won. masculine doesn't necessarily mean unapproachable, whoever described his spaces as corporate was right. it's all sad beige influencer feeling but with a bit of self awareness.
I guess it also depends on personal taste. Matts I could live in, Roisin would be headache inducing after a while

Timz

VIP Member
So Mon’s got ADHD and now the partner said he got diagnosed BPD 😮

I actually hated Mon’s designs too, and I hated the last episode when that cow won.

Maybe I’ve got something 😆

Japandi forever!

• Haha

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Monika should have gone weeks ago, can’t stand how unorganised she was it’s really unprofessional, she’s really not a worthy winner. Hated her design tonight too; I feel like Navy is really played out & boring now, the wallpaper I’ve seen a million times also and the tables & chairs were completely wrong & ill thought out. The only redeeming feature of her design, the bar, will be destroyed within weeks & cost the owners a fortune to re-do! Such a disappointing end to a mediocre series.
I loved Michelle waxing lyrical about how Monica had grown and listened to the brief and changed her style … when her whole ‘journey’ was about listening to her gut and trusting herself, and if you took away her dark blue, forest green and various metal leafs she’d be cast adrift.

Crumpet41

VIP Member
But aren't they to be rented out in future, so it should be to attract renters as they can't redecorate so putting it back isn't so much an issue as it's not the renters doing the decorating. It's for the landlords to appeal to future renters?

So how many future renters are going to want big bright primary colours to move into?!
My mistake ( forgot they said that 🤦🏻‍♀️) but let’s face it who thinks in your face colours is the way to go when appealing to future renters tbh. I’d be more inclined to see the contestants show future renters how to make the most of a small space.

IndominusRex

VIP Member
I’m fully expecting flowery cushions, green throws and bobbly frames and mirrors to be hitting the shops shortly!

Mark81

VIP Member
Agree that different/more judges would be better but is it not Michelle’s show though? I assume she came up with the idea as it’s so heavily based around her and her studio? Not sure how it works but that’s how it’s always felt to me.
No, this had two judges originally and went by a slightly different name. It's been around for a number of years

Reactions: 4

unidentified

VIP Member
I’m watching too. Love this show. I need to catch up on last nights episode which I will do to tonight!

I was also deeply underwhelmed by last week’s hotel rooms. I thought Banjo (?) did the best job with his dark green effort. The “luxcycling” woman, I think her name is Abi, did a absolutely hideous job with that dangling wisteria. It was the sort of thing a 7 year old girl would want in her bedroom.
That plastic wisteria was awful! All I could think about is how I would actively avoid a hotel like this because all I could think about was the dust.

House of Tea

VIP Member
This series has run out of steam. Both of the designs were lacklustre. Temi’s plywood kitchen was so badly made. It was shocking. Tom got stick for his but his was better. I agree that Jack seems to have got worse as the series as gone on. Massive eyeroll for Monica’s terrace and crybaby tendencies. I think Tom is the best, but I don’t warm to him. I am just bored of them and Michelle. I will always love Alan.
---
Michelle has to supply her own clothes…

Last edited:

PryingPenny

Chatty Member
I didn't want to come on here until I saw the episode but my first thought at the beginning was...

THAT IS ROB FROM SYLO

I love him and he's so creative and talented, feels like he would have way better ideas than the designers on the show, weird to see him in a 'bit part' role

Mark81

VIP Member
They may have different production companies, I don't know, but the set up is pretty much the same. If anything since Alan carr was added it's become more about entertainment than it had about finding genuine interior design talent

Mark81

VIP Member
I loved Matts bedroom except the screen.

I think it might be Matt and Francesca this week. Matt better not go!

Ben's is very bright, but it is well done and thought through
---
Could it be everyone on the sofa this week, except Anthony?