Interior Design masters

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just caught up and I really loved Fran's design and thought they were a bit harsh

Agree about Alan - he's brilliant at this. But also well done to whoever does the casting - all the contestants are really smart and engaging and have great rapport with Alan, which makes the show I think

Reactions: 6
I'm obsessed with this show! Banjo for the win!

Also, is Amy ok? Like someone else said, it looks like she's always on the verge of crying. I feel like she's going through some tit.

Reactions: 8
Dean has been the best designer for me, his hotel room was stunning. But yeah he really dropped the ball this week.

However Banjo has got to go, and I don't understand how he got away scott free last week. Michelle usually hates cliche in design, and his nautical theme had every cliche going for nautical.

I've watched the show from the start and always liked it. since Alan carr joined its definitely got a lighter edge to it, less serious. Not a good or bad thing, just different

Reactions: 6
I don't think this series has been as good as the last one. None of the designs have excited me. I've honestly seen better designs on the internet in the 'I upgraded my kitchen for £2.39' section 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Who is Michelle Whatshername? Never heard of her before this 🤷🏼‍♀️ She always wears the same dark red lipstick irrespective of what she’s wearing and it really bugs me 😂

Reactions: 1
I feel like the boys had a headstart with what their cafe looked life before, not the fairest.

Reactions: 10
I feel like the boys had a headstart with what their cafe looked life before, not the fairest.
Agreed. It was lovely before they even started. And its always such a race against the clock. I understand that each project needs a timeframe but feel that if they were given just a little longer they’d produce a much better finished project.

Reactions: 11
I always find it hard to believe that Michelle is some sort of interior design guru because her dress sense is TERRIBLE!
Yes she often wears very shapeless outfits that cover every inch... she's lucky she's so tall and slim or she'd look like a tent.

I've only watched the Alan Carr episodes but he's perfect for the show. His camp, catty comments are the perfect counterpoint to some of the pretentious twaddle the designers talk.
Completely agree! I've never particularly liked him on anything previously but he's just perfect for this.

Reactions: 1
Hmmmm I don’t know what to say about this week’s episode. I agree that the women’s cafe was much worse to start with than the other one, so had a tougher time trying to transform it. But their colour palette was icky and naff. I hate trendy designs that look straight off an Instagram page. The pastel, teal, gold and fake marble and block painted circular panels are just blergh. I think they’re both better than that design and I agree, I wish they had an extra day.

I think banjo will win, not too keen on the other two’s designs so far!

Reactions: 13
At least in the semi final nobody will be stuck working with Paul, he's the worrrrrrst team player.

I've just started the third season, Christ what a knob Paul is XD also are half these people colour blind? "It's supposed to be teal" "It's teal-ish" it's bloody dark navy!

• Haha
Totally agree the women were put at an automatic disadvantage: their space needed much more work to put previous features right and to hide poor workmanship; they had next to no brief from the owners aside from ‘not coastal/seaside’; they were expected to reuse naff furniture or had restrictions put on how they could change existing pieces.

It’s all very well for Michelle to be sniffy about covering the tables in the faux marble lino, but the budget and time allowance would unlikely stretch to custom made wooden toppers for example.

Having said that, the colour palate was awful - like Barbara Cartlands boudoir - and the 1920s Art Deco theme seemed to come out of nowhere. Likewise the Speakeasy concept seemed only used as something that would denote an evening establishment and the decor/theme seemed non-existent aside from the sign actually saying it.

I wondered where Paul got the ‘French Caribbean’ concept from when it was not stated by the owners and not noted by Banjo. He specifically kept referencing Paris bistros from the start and then turned around and said “I didn’t think people would actually think French (from the design)” or words to that effect.

I would have found it hard to choose who to leave as well. I imagine Banjo will win and on balance that would be fair.

I’ve liked every one of Banjo’s designs, he has the most talent for me. Paul is so annoying 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Banjo getting more and more passive aggressive towards Paul as the episode went on was very entertaining 😂. Paul is one of those people who behaves like a dick but does it with a big sunny grin on his face - I imagine he's a bloody nightmare to work with

Their cafe looked amazing though. Agree the girls were on the back foot from the start but those colours were awful. Fair play to Fran for owning her mistakes though

Reactions: 12
I love this show, but I really hate the couch grilling at the end. It’s unnecessary and they’re always so nervous and upset, like they’re getting in trouble from their mum.

Just have the judges give each room a score out of 10.

And thank duck Paul is gone.

Reactions: 4
I wish we saw feedback from the property owners.
Yeah, that would be great!

I’d love to know what happens if they hate their space? Do they get money from the show to change it?

Like last challenge with the hideous pink Art Deco bar. There’s no way those men would keep those colors.

Reactions: 3