Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm really enjoying this show, watching it live. The first one without Paul. I'm rooting for Amy. She's been a slow burn. Banjo is a great designer too.

Reactions: 3
Yay!! So pleased at who won - my favourite from the beginning. OAN, WTF was Michelle wearing? Her dress sense is shocking 😂

Reactions: 1
I think Banjo was gifted with the easier space yet again. I also think that he didn’t really make any bold design choices. The changes to his space were minimal and if it was being judged on the final design alone Amy should have won.

I have enjoyed Banjo’s designs - his hotel room was great - but I think he ran out of steam a bit the last couple of weeks. He was clearly Michelle’s favourite and I found the last conversation both the contestants had very telling. He was clearly her pick as winner from fairly early on.

Reactions: 7
I really enjoyed this series. I put my iPad down. Always a good sign!

The winner was my choice.

Reactions: 4
I thought I'd have a look at the two bars and see if they had changed anything and wow, that Two Floors bar mustve absolutely hated it because...

Two Floors (@twofloors) • Instagram photos and videos

They haven't even acknowledged it was on the show? There are zero photos of it with the updated decor and they're just going to rip it all out anyway? It was an absolute mess before Amy did it up.

1651097152029.png

Whereas 21 Club keep showing theirs off on instagram...

1651097258279.png

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I did really like Banjo and his designs but part of me did feel they all ended up a bit samey. Amy definitely got the harder space again and definitely made some bolder choices with a harder brief.

Reactions: 5
amy got the harder space in terms of quality / what she had to repair, but imo banjo's was harder to zone / make suited to all the venue's needs. i prefered banjo's space bc it all felt cohesive - think amy's was too disconnected between the two floors. he stayed true to himself though which could be seen as a positive or negative tbh, either he was too safe or just knows what works. i'm glad he won but would've been happy with either winner tbh!!

Reactions: 8
amy got the harder space in terms of quality / what she had to repair, but imo banjo's was harder to zone / make suited to all the venue's needs. i prefered banjo's space bc it all felt cohesive - think amy's was too disconnected between the two floors. he stayed true to himself though which could be seen as a positive or negative tbh, either he was too safe or just knows what works. i'm glad he won but would've been happy with either winner tbh!!
Yeah, I completely understand. I did really like his design and thought it suited the venue well. I was happy with either winner but I did feel Banjo was Michelle's favourite. On a side note, I'm really glad Alan Carr is on it because it injects some humour and warmth that Michelle doesn't bring.

Reactions: 8
I thought Amy did better this week but Banjo was stronger over the series. Will be watching the Watergate Bay socials to see what the prize contract looks like.

Reactions: 2
I liked that both finalists had grown throughout the series and seemed genuinely more confident in themselves by the end. They both had low self-esteem and I think being on the show meant a lot to them. I have to say I got teary when Amy was talking about her struggles with fertility. I think the show did her a world of good!

Overall I liked both designs this week. I don’t mind a themed bar, think it’s quite fun and good for pictures. Amy did have a tough job of gutting the downstairs bar. Banjo’s was my favourite and I can’t wait to have a nosy at what he does next,

Reactions: 5
Banjo was my favourite from the start, and I always felt he was head and shoulders above the others. Amy was a slow burner and I liked her more and more as the series progressed. I was pleased Banjo won, but I had thought Amy might as she had grown and progressed throughout the process. I thought her club upstairs was slightly better than Banjos, and she had put in more work. I didn't really like the downstairs but she did really well to transform it like she did.

I thought it was unfair to give them such different spaces, there should have been a second element to Banjos as well.

Reactions: 7
I have to say I got teary when Amy was talking about her struggles with fertility. I think the show did her a world of good!

me too - she was very Frank about the impact it had on her. I hope she goes on to thrive with interior design x

Reactions: 4
I’ve binged the first season on Netflix and I completely forgot who the winner was but definitely got it wrong. She should have went out in the hotel challenge

Finally, i was able to watch the final!

Well, what can I say? The final was okay. Neither of the clubs have blown me away. There was nothing new or super creative in the makeovers but after all i prefer Banjos Club, even though i agree with some ppl on here that his club was much more easier from the beginning.

Amys club wasn't bad either, but i think she used way too much stuff from Ikea? But seeing the club really dislike the makeover and will renew everything al over again, i just don't understand why. First, before the makeover the club looked SO outdated, i was actually surprised they still excisted in a big city like London. And second, just communicate better? That owner could have just say what colour or theme or whatever he likes before amy started redoing the club.

Anyway, i'm glad Banjo win and it's very sweet to see he and amy doing a collaboration together.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.