Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loved the colours in Banjo's room - it might be one of my favourite rooms from the series. Amy did well but I didn't like the furry stools and sad little mirror ball.

Paul must have spent a fortune on extras if he didn't have the budget for new furniture

Also, even though Banjo and Amy's kitchens looked good, I don't think painted kitchen cabinets is luxury? Fine when on the TV but I imagine they look a bit shoddy up close

Reactions: 9
This week's episode gave me the rage!

Who the duck changes kitchen cabinet handles to rope. Can you imagine how dirty that will get. A veritable germ-fest 🤢

Abigail Ahern - 'materiality' & 'textural textures' 🙄

My rage was slightly satiated by Paul going home 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don’t think any of the designers did much with the outside space, partly because the budget was pretty tight and outside furniture is quite expensive. It seemed Amy did the most with the shelf for drinks and the sad little disco ball.

I thought it was funny that she was gunning for Paul after the first week challenge where he completely took over and refused to compromise on the office design: “I may have said it was teal wallpaper but in actual fact teal can be any colour from navy blue to green”. She also left him hanging when he was clearly fishing for a compliment.

I didn’t like his wooden wall and thought the stone sink backsplash and rope cupboard handles were terribly impractical. The hanging boat was an accident waiting to happen as I could see kids untying that and it plummeting into someone’s head!

Reactions: 10
The two trades with Paul were trying not to laugh when he was having his flouncy tantrum. I bet he can be quite foul to work with. That I am a Genius thing must grate.

Reactions: 12
The two trades with Paul were trying not to laugh when he was having his flouncy tantrum. I bet he can be quite foul to work with. That I am a Genius thing must grate.
I've warmed to him a bit in the last few weeks as he's been quite entertaining but i did laugh when he was stomping about in a huff throwing stuff everywhere because his sofa covers didn't fit 😂

Reactions: 6
I've warmed to him a bit in the last few weeks as he's been quite entertaining but i did laugh when he was stomping about in a huff throwing stuff everywhere because his sofa covers didn't fit 😂
Yes, complaining he had no time but wasting 5 minutes on a hissy fit. He was also pretty rude to the man helping: “Are you offering a solution?!” No, he’s trying to point out a design flaw!

Reactions: 7
Only just started watching the new episode. All I’m going to say is rope kitchen door handles 🤢. How gross, how unhygienic.

Reactions: 3
Only just started watching the new episode. All I’m going to say is rope kitchen door handles 🤢. How gross, how unhygienic.
I think that a lot of the designs on this show are really impractical, especially the ones in the commercial settings. I wonder how many actually get kept! I thought the pale pink banquette seating wouldn't last 5 mins in a cafe without getting stained!

Every time I saw Paul’s kitchen it gave me pond vibes. Looked like a kitchen designed for a family of toads.

I loved Banjo’s design! Great colour palette. And it was more practical than the others. The big brown leather sofa was perfect for evening family time, and easy to clean.

Reactions: 8
I was really disappointed in Banjo’s design this week. It did seem lacking in that extra oomph which he does normally pull off. I felt Amy’s was the best this week but I do wish they’d all stop with hanging all the dust collectors (faux foliage)

I love that show, glad to see there is a thread for it!

I found the first season of the show on german netflix at the very first lockdown and felt in love with it, i couldn't wait for season two. You guys in the UK are pretty lucky to have such creative shows, german tv is just tit.

In season one Nicki was my favorite, i really liked her designs and was quite sad she had to leave so early. Season 2 was just meh, does anyone else feel like this? All in general i have to say the last two seasons they always choosed the wrong winner.

In this season i'm actually surprised my two faves from the very beginning are entering the final! Looks like they will design clubs next episode? Can't wait for it but i'm already sad the season is nearly over and it will take another year for new episodes.

Talking about the cafés they design: you guys have to check the cafés on google reviews, people usually posts photos on there and so you can see if they already changed something. I haven't check the cafés from this season yet but i once did it at the first season and it was interesting too see what the owners dislike and what disapeared.

Alright guys, double post incoming:

i just checked the two cafes from episode 6. Sadly there are not enough pictures but you can see the outside of the cafe from the girls team. They changed the logo back to the old one.

The cafe from the boys team didn’t change anything from the outside, but a picture from the inside shows they took the reception counter away and fixed the curtains at the entrance.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
i just checked the two cafes from episode 6. Sadly there are not enough pictures but you can see the outside of the cafe from the girls team. They changed the logo back to the old one.

The cafe from the boys team didn’t change anything from the outside, but a picture from the inside shows they took the reception counter away and fixed the curtains at the entrance.
I found a photo from Dec 2021 from the inside of the cafe from the girl's team. They kept the colors!

inside.jpg

• Wow
They're definitely not my favourite but I didn't mind the colours either. Tbh I just prefer any room on this show that doesn't include jewel toned paint and garish/busy/floral (usually all at the same time) wallpaper - seems to be everyone's go to

Reactions: 2
I'm sooooo glad Paul has gone, he did some nice designs but I really didn't like him! He was so funny last week when he was banging on to anyone who would listen about the cafe being French Caribbean and a French Bistro (when the owners were from Jamaica!) then when Michelle pulled him up on it he made out out was never his intention for it to be a French Bistro and he had no idea what would give that impression 🤣

I have thought Banjo was a clear winner from day one, he has always been consistently better than the rest of them. However Amy could steal it as she has grown the most through the competition. I would be happy for her to win on that basis but I think Banjo is the better designer

i just don't get why amy didn't put her prints and patterns on fabrics (like paul did in the cafe) to mix it up a bit and show some versatility. i'd imagine a custom table top contact paper in the cafe would've looked so much nicer than fake marble ...

Reactions: 4
I think that a lot of the designs on this show are really impractical, especially the ones in the commercial settings. I wonder how many actually get kept! I thought the pale pink banquette seating wouldn't last 5 mins in a cafe without getting stained!
My opinion exactly. and all those faux plants and flowers they have peppered the series, who could be arsed dusting those ? The pink banquettes were silly, should have been vinyl.

Reactions: 3
There is always someting in every episode that I just think 'thats mad' in terms inpracticality. The expensive stoneware in Pauls cabin, the fluffy seats in Amy's, Banjo's was ok I think this week.

There is always someting in every episode that I just think 'thats mad' in terms inpracticality. The expensive stoneware in Pauls cabin, the fluffy seats in Amy's, Banjo's was ok I think this week.
…as long as you can trust the lodge residents not to take the oars off the walls and hit stuff into the lake when they’ve had a few…(or maybe I should take a look at myself and my friends 😂😂)

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.