Interior Design masters

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m half a hour behind but there’s a lot of lurid colours going on. Not feeling very luxurious so far 😳 And why would you hide the bar?! That’s half the reason people hire these rooms! 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Pleased that Hannah has finally gone. Her obsession with shapes was baffling and clearly she will carry on in the same vein and no critique she received would change her approach. Surprised that Michelle liked the cheap paper lantern light fitting! You just need someone to pop a cork and that’s getting ruined.

Jess’ design was hideous, the weird pink tufts sticking out of the light fittings, dirty protest wallpaper, strange coloured walls.

Ben put no effort into his design this week. It was literally a rip off of My Fair Lady. Him and Roisin looked like Oompa Loompas on the sofa with their orange faces. I hope he goes next week.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Didn’t see that ending coming! Did agree with them though. Kelly Hoppen was a bit of a tough cookie.

Reactions: 11
i've seen that tortoiseshell wallpaper used well (it's poodle and blonde who are a margate brand so probs why jess used it) but agree it looked awful in her suite. i liked hannah's room in theory but there was something a bit off about the colour tones together and it felt really bottom heavy.

ETA - it felt like domnall decordated the room and painted the wall rather than designed it? wouldn't believe he had the same amount of time as some of the others. i quite liked ben's too although it was quite literal, the effect of the tented ceiling really worked

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Didn’t see that ending coming! Did agree with them though. Kelly Hoppen was a bit of a tough cookie.
I love Kelly Hoppen!! She’s so iconic
---
I watched on catch up so here are my notes😂
IMG_5424.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love Kelly Hoppen!! She’s so iconic
---
I watched on catch up so here are my notes😂View attachment 2839089
Glad you mentioned the chair covers Francesca used, they were awful and definitely not elegant! Couldn’t believe they didn’t mention them but I did really like her blue room otherwise. Matt is definitely my favourite and I want him to win. Ben is annoying and needs to go but I didn’t hate his room. I think Roisin will go soon, she does too much.

Reactions: 14
Glad you mentioned the chair covers Francesca used, they were awful and definitely not elegant! Couldn’t believe they didn’t mention them but I did really like her blue room otherwise. Matt is definitely my favourite and I want him to win. Ben is annoying and needs to go but I didn’t hate his room. I think Roisin will go soon, she does too much.
Matt has surprised me, I think because he’s not as outlandish and OTT as some of the other male contestants. His designs are really nice and I like that he can do stuff like panelling without being clichéd

Reactions: 13
I really did not understand the queer / trans angle either. It sort of made sense in theory, but I have no idea how the room she created represented queer / trans. Was it because she used no pink and blue?
I think she was just making it up lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m over Ben and his themes. I thought it was awful! Hannah’s was BAD! Glad she went too. I kept wanting to pick them stick on things off her face and wipe that eyeliner off.
My fav by far is Matt. He knows a space and how to make it work. His jockey silks design was exactly what they should be, an acknowledgement to it but with a unique take on it. That is a designer. His reaction to Kelly Hoppen was cute too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I like that Matt understood that it was all about the view and the reason people were there, so designing something well but that wasn't distracting or show offy.

Reactions: 15
Matt really seems to have it, that eye for design. I don't always get his ideas tbh as they aren't my taste eg the offset panelling, but I can appreciate they work.
Anthony just seems such a lovely person. I'm glad they liked his room.

Reactions: 19
Maybe it’s the company I keep but I kept thinking, a lot of that stuff is never going to last in a hospitality box…that stringy curtain thing would be in bits. The sliding door would eventually be off the hinges if it was in the way of the tv/fridge. And Ben’s chairs! Nope you don’t want that big line at the back of your legs after sitting there with a fancy dress on.
Bens lattice madness also annoyed me as there would be dust in every tiny bit of that after a while and the host would probably just rip it off rather than toil away cleaning it.

Reactions: 16
I have no quibbles with the top ranked, and even though I am also a bit tired of Ben turning everything into a film set, I think the two weakest links this week were sent home.
Never mind the missmatched trellises, I HATED the chairs in Roisin's room. Jess making queerness her whole personality and room theme had me shouting at the screen: but that's not the brief! She could've done that in week 1, when it was about their personal style. And nobody mentioned how small Francesca's table / seating area was?

Another thing that is starting to grate on me, is the bottom designers during jugding all swearing to take all the feedback on board in a manner of 'I promise to be a good boy/girl if you don't boot me off'. So far, no feisty arguments.

ETA - it felt like domnall decordated the room and painted the wall rather than designed it? wouldn't believe he had the same amount of time as some of the others.
He didn't have much screentime either this week. I feel thats because he did all his prints beforehand didn't have as much to do on set as others. While Matt and Anthony created their artwork there. His tablescape was stunning.

Reactions: 11
I agree, I like that Matt breaks stereotypes. I think its going to be an all male final, and maybe semi final too.

Japan was majorly insulted this week, that Japanese inspired room looked nothing of the sort

Whilst I liked the aesthetic of Anthony’s design, I just didn’t feel it would work for a day at the races in the height of Summer. It felt very dark and I would think rather oppressive on a Sunny day. Matt seemed to be the only designer who twigged the importance of the view out of the box!

As always it would be good to know what the client thought about the designs (rather than Michelle’s judgement on how well they fit the brief) and which ones if any they kept.

Not sure if this has been shared before but there are a couple of photos of last year’s winner Monika’s design for the London Cocktail Club here: https://www.londondaily.news/interior-design-masterpiece-unveiled/

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I did get what they were saying about Domnall … 3 types of graphic design was just too much And it relied too heavily on it.
All I could think of with Ben was that he looked liked Baldrick as a bridesmaid, which I wouldn’t have thought was the look he was going for. That ceiling made my eyes go funny.

• Haha
I have no quibbles with the top ranked, and even though I am also a bit tired of Ben turning everything into a film set, I think the two weakest links this week were sent home.
Never mind the missmatched trellises, I HATED the chairs in Roisin's room. Jess making queerness her whole personality and room theme had me shouting at the screen: but that's not the brief! She could've done that in week 1, when it was about their personal style. And nobody mentioned how small Francesca's table / seating area was?

Another thing that is starting to grate on me, is the bottom designers during jugding all swearing to take all the feedback on board in a manner of 'I promise to be a good boy/girl if you don't boot me off'. So far, no feisty arguments.

He didn't have much screentime either this week. I feel thats because he did all his prints beforehand didn't have as much to do on set as others. While Matt and Anthony created their artwork there. His tablescape was stunning.
I agree about Francesca’s furniture! It was all wrong! Her walls were good though.

I love Matt! He’s the first designer from this show I would actually commission.

Reactions: 10