Instamums #3 Egos inflating as differing opinions are disregarded as hating

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a trolling/Tattle bandwagon that a lot of them are jumping on since Mrs Meldrum and PTWM both made a big drama of it at the weekend and saw their followers go up as a result (those in the case of those two the drama was too detract from their general shadiness)

I’ve just seen this comment on Rosie’s post by Erica Davies. What the feck Erica? It’s bollocks and would most likely be illegal if true. Why are you even encouraging that type of behaviour? Worrying that 158 people had liked it too 🙄

I’ve increasingly noticed that Insta bloggers who claim to be bullied actually respond by resorting to bullying tactics themselves yet fail to see any hypocrisy (Meldrum, PTWM and Erica’s ridiculous comment for example)
An IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) doesn’t translate directly to a home address without the assistance of the ISP. And only then if they were at home when they sent the message. Sounds iffy to me.

Reactions: 8
A friend of mine works in this field and says it is absolute fantasy. The chaos that could ensue would be immeasurable.

Reactions: 10
I’d nearly guarantee that it’s complete bollocks and I’ve no idea why she posted it or why so many are liking the post 😂
Sounded like a warning shot to any dissenters "We know where you live.........." Hugely unprofessional, bit tabloid and just another indicator of the girls from the Upper Sixth. Who would actually believe, let alone post, such rubbish.

Reactions: 8
Cult of Youth deleted her bum pic. She knows she’s so beautiful and so is her bum and people like her because she’s beautiful. Just own it. Don’t show a picture of a perfect bum and say “stretchmarks and all”

Reactions: 2
The thing that is going to break the influencers back and they won’t be trusted (and actually turn people off brands) is that they can’t keep saying this is the best this is what I use everyday with each new product until we don’t believe a word they say. Ivycoco recommend Leo Bancroft dry shampoo saying that’s what she uses not long ago and now today she’s saying Batiste. Next month it will be another whoever is paying she’ll recommend...common, you have to be a bit exclusive. Ride the wave now as it’s going to come to end soon I think. We just scroll on by now

Reactions: 5
Does anyone follow onedayofwinter? She has a daughter after her son sadly died a day after birth - and she posts on the daily. She did a post recently about gentle parenting, and someone commented about her sharing every moment of her daughter from birth - no ADs, but it is a concern. Or maybe it's just me? The thought that tens of thousands of people have seen everything from her breastfeeding to her in the bath to meal times; is nothing sacred?

Reactions: 1
Does anyone follow onedayofwinter? She has a daughter after her son sadly died a day after birth - and she posts on the daily. She did a post recently about gentle parenting, and someone commented about her sharing every moment of her daughter from birth - no ADs, but it is a concern. Or maybe it's just me? The thought that tens of thousands of people have seen everything from her breastfeeding to her in the bath to meal times; is nothing sacred?
Her reply to the comment is perfect 👌

I’ve followed her for a few years and I quite like her. However, she is a massive over-sharer; her whole feed is basically her little girl which can get a little boring 🤷‍♀️ She used to post loads about travel and other non-child related stuff which was interesting! I guess I just can’t relate to her style of parenting and sometimes she comes across a little judgmental! Just my opinion tho! She says being a mum isn’t easy yet she portrays it to be quite the opposite! I dunooo, I kinda wonder whether shes different behind closed doors and this whole ‘gentle parenting’ thing is mainly for the gram! Who doesn’t bribe their kid with a biscuit once in a while 😂

Just had a look. She is not someone I would ever follow (I am possibly the polar opposite of her as a parent!) and yet her response was reasoned, elegant and totally non aggressive. Good for her.

I used to follow her, from before the time she was pregnant with her daughter and for a while after she was born. Her posts about her boy made my heart ache and I was so happy when her girl was born... BUT I found her musings on motherhood a little too preachy and smug (as so many self-styled “gentle” or “attachment” parents are) so I had to unfollow.

Reactions: 3
I’ve had her on mute for a long time, I don’t dislike her as a person as she does seem lovely but her constant Instagram stories of her breastfeeding and meal times with her kid are too much. She would literally just film her boob with her kid sucking on it and then smile at the camera. Not my cup of tea. Especially when the kid is in my opinion a bit too old to be breastfeeding. Then again, perhaps she is this style of parent because of what happened to her son, which of course was absolutely heartbreaking.

Tell me, what’s an acceptable age to breastfeed until? The WHO recommend until AT LEAST two, and many children don’t self wean until 3/4
6 months of breastfeeding is enough to give your child a healthy start in life and then they can start weaning etc. Obviously I know people enjoy breastfeeding for longer, it is a personal choice. I did state this is my opinion only.

• Haha
Can this not descend into a breastfeeding debate? Babies, and toddlers, will feed as long as they need to. I don’t have an issue with how long she’s done it for, good for her, but the reason I mentioned is I’ve seen it too many times. And is one reason I’ve unfollowed!

Ha people complaining they are over Instagram (because your likes are down?) so sad and needy. Get off it then. Stop posting every waking thought and action just get on with your life!!

Reactions: 4
Anyone follow trixie_plus_3 super needy and moany but quite like her pics. Anyway, she's posted stories about her 12 year old saying how he's in trouble for racism and has mental health issues and wants to kill himself! Poor boy, having that splashed all over social media I'm in shock

• Sad
  • Wow
It’s not the smug Pea breastfeeding posts that bother me as much as the smug “gentle parenting” stuff. Her most recent post being a prime example. She must be one of those parents who stands there trying to negotiate with a feral toddler who’s refusing to get into their car seat 😂

I dread to think what happens to these little “free spirits” when they start school and suddenly realise that their opinions and wants don’t come first.

Oh wait... £100 says she’ll end up homeschooling.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.