Instamums #3 Egos inflating as differing opinions are disregarded as hating

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course no one would begrudge her a break I doubt... He paid for her Dubai break ? Then why hide it ?
She didn’t hide the holiday, she hid the fact that she went with someone. So she portrayed to her followers that she was out there with Jaxon struggling alone but actually she had someone there helping her. She’s also hid the fact that she’s engaged and recently had an engagement party. I would imagine that she’s doing all this to make it looks like she’s totally alone in the world and has no help from others to make sure she keeps the carers.

Reactions: 3
Just wondering how influencers managed to find or buy anything for their houses before they could beg (being the operative word) for help on Insta stories. The rest of us somehow manage to drag our sorry arses off to John Lewis or Ikea and get what we need. If you can buy a holiday home, I think the task of finding a media TV unit isn’t insurmountable!

Reactions: 4
Just wondering how influencers managed to find or buy anything for their houses before they could beg (being the operative word) for help on Insta stories. The rest of us somehow manage to drag our sorry arses off to John Lewis or Ikea and get what we need. If you can buy a holiday home, I think the task of finding a media TV unit isn’t insurmountable!
She has a surprising lack of ability in the interiors dept

Reactions: 2
I would imagine that she’s doing all this to make it looks like she’s totally alone in the world and has no help from others to make sure she keeps the carers.
That’s an interesting theory. I can think of a couple of other Instamums who do that.

Reactions: 1
Finley Fox has a tree full of press loan decorations.

I would love to know how much she made the last two days selling all the kindly gifted clothes at the second hand sale!

There are children starving and then we have people making money for nothing.

I didn't realise thenursemum had a partner. I thought she was a single mum. That's how it comes across.

Did Kerry Lockwood actually brick her wall herself? No actual video of her doing it.

She didn’t hide the holiday, she hid the fact that she went with someone. So she portrayed to her followers that she was out there with Jaxon struggling alone but actually she had someone there helping her. She’s also hid the fact that she’s engaged and recently had an engagement party. I would imagine that she’s doing all this to make it looks like she’s totally alone in the world and has no help from others to make sure she keeps the carers.
She’s engaged ??? I don’t understand any of this. Why half the story ? It’s extremely misleading - she would need to expect questions if she is only portraying half truths.

I didn't realise thenursemum had a partner. I thought she was a single mum. That's how it comes across.

Did Kerry Lockwood actually brick her wall herself? No actual video of her doing it.
There is a video of her putting on the brick slips and she said she made the grout badly to start with , I believe that she did do it herself , looks really effective too 👍.

She’s engaged ??? I don’t understand any of this. Why half the story ? It’s extremely misleading - she would need to expect questions if she is only portraying half truths.
I’ve talked about this in another thread but I’ll bring it here too. There’s also Breathlessly Mothering. She’s terminally ill with a lung disease that she was diagnosed with in her teens. She has one teen girl and two boys aged 2 and 3 (IIRC). She posts about what a struggle it is raising two very young children when she’s so ill, life-limited and oxygen dependent, and that her teen is a young carer and such a great help to her. She also writes heartbreaking, and completely sincere, posts about the hell of knowing that she will die and leave her children behind.

There was a big crowd funder this year to get her mortgage paid off, because she wants to leave her children financially secure when she dies. I know know whether it reached its target, but I’m sure it raised over £100,000. She also has her PayPal link in her bio.

The thing is, and you’d never know it from looking at her photos, she’s married. She gives every impression of being a single mother, but she isn’t. I thought maybe they’d broken up, but I’m not sure that they have. It’s almost fraudulent, especially considering the vast sums of money involved. I honestly think her husband’s existence is carefully concealed

Disclaimer: I haven’t followed this account for a long time now so maybe the husband is talked about and appears more than he used to, which was only when she’s say things like “Louis’ dad took him to preschool”. Even referring to him just as her boy’s dad is the language used by ex-partners. It seems deliberate.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Regarding the nurse mum i dont think it makes much difference if she has a partner or not, or if she went to dubai and who paid for it what she is about is what disabled kids should be entitled to just as able children are entitled to it doesn't matter if she has an army of help she is fighting for all disabled children to get this instead of it always being a struggle!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Regarding the nurse mum i dont think it makes much difference if she has a partner or not, or if she went to dubai and who paid for it what she is about is what disabled kids should be entitled to just as able children are entitled to it doesn't matter if she has an army of help she is fighting for all disabled children to get this instead of it always being a struggle!
I don’t think anyone would begrudge the boy help if it’s needed, and it evidently looks like it is.
But why be so misleading about what she posts?
once people spot a lie they will hang onto it and question everything that comes afterwards.
Also, and this is a very genuine question - I donate to almost all fundraisers I see, but I’m confused now as to what she’s fundraising for ? Carers that haven’t been cut ? It’s not entirely clear to me, unless I’m missing something completely.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don’t think anyone would begrudge the boy help if it’s needed, and it evidently looks like it is.
But why be so misleading about what she posts?
once people spot a lie they will hang onto it and question everything that comes afterwards.
Also, and this is a very genuine question - I donate to almost all fundraisers I see, but I’m confused now as to what she’s fundraising for ? Carers that haven’t been cut ? It’s not entirely clear to me, unless I’m missing something completely.
She wasn't fund raising, the only fund raiser she set up was for Jaxons chair for school, the other fund raisers were set up by other people for if jaxon care was cut, which is still not 100% guaranteed but will be reviewed in Aug, she shared someone else fundraiser for the homeless guy just to help I think, also I think the reason she hides her partner etc is for comments that have already been made as if having a partner automatically means she shouldn't have help, he isn't jaxons dad and also works away, but even if he was with her 24/7 still to be able to sleep 3 nights out of 7 doesn't mean she is being misleading.

Reactions: 5
I’ve talked about this in another thread but I’ll bring it here too. There’s also Breathlessly Mothering. She’s terminally ill with a lung disease that she was diagnosed with in her teens. She has one teen girl and two boys aged 2 and 3 (IIRC). She posts about what a struggle it is raising two very young children when she’s so ill, life-limited and oxygen dependent, and that her teen is a young carer and such a great help to her. She also writes heartbreaking, and completely sincere, posts about the hell of knowing that she will die and leave her children behind.

There was a big crowd funder this year to get her mortgage paid off, because she wants to leave her children financially secure when she dies. I know know whether it reached its target, but I’m sure it raised over £100,000. She also has her PayPal link in her bio.

The thing is, and you’d never know it from looking at her photos, she’s married. She gives every impression of being a single mother, but she isn’t. I thought maybe they’d broken up, but I’m not sure that they have. It’s almost fraudulent, especially considering the vast sums of money involved. I honestly think her husband’s existence is carefully concealed

Disclaimer: I haven’t followed this account for a long time now so maybe the husband is talked about and appears more than he used to, which was only when she’s say things like “Louis’ dad took him to preschool”. Even referring to him just as her boy’s dad is the language used by ex-partners. It seems deliberate.
I see her pop up on Instagram every now and then and I thought her husband had left just because he’s never pictured or referred to anymore. Either way I can’t imagine what she’s going through

I gave money to the Nursemum via a story Rosie Ramsey posted. I didn’t even get a thanks. Then she buggered off to Dubai.

Reactions: 5
I gave money to the Nursemum via a story Rosie Ramsey posted. I didn’t even get a thanks. Then she buggered off to Dubai.
Yes so did i, she did thank everyone constantly and the funds remain exactly as they were, you are not going to get a personal thank you from a go fund me as there are thousands and she has a disabled little boy to look after, and how she got to dubai doesn't really matter really she didnt use the funds raised for jaxon and even if she did so what i think that she and the little lad deserve it she doesn't know how long she has with him!

Reactions: 18
Yes so did i, she did thank everyone constantly and the funds remain exactly as they were, you are not going to get a personal thank you from a go fund me as there are thousands and she has a disabled little boy to look after, and how she got to dubai doesn't really matter really she didnt use the funds raised for jaxon and even if she did so what i think that she and the little lad deserve it she doesn't know how long she has with him!
So be honest ?
and if you have had help from this SEN Mum, (I don’t know in what capacity) then be honest about that ? No one is going to be upset if she has had from someone on her holiday - in fact she probably would have faced a lot less questioning !
just be honest - it’s clear everyone is behind her just by looking at the fundraisers (I too donated, happily), but there’s a lot of smoke and mirrors which seems unnecessary.

Perhaps I haven’t explained myself well. I obviously don’t begrudge a disabled child a single penny of government funded support (especially knowing this government is slashing budgets left, right and centre and the support available is never enough).

The only thing I object to is dishonesty - or, at least, lies by omission. When the “brand” you create on Instagram is that you’re a single parent documenting your struggle, warts and all, to then go out of your way to hide a partner or husband is dishonest.

Personally, I feel duped by people who do this. And if I’d donated money, then I’d feel conned. Not because the cause wasn’t worthy, but because the person has misrepresented themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.