Inside No 9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've dipped in and out throughout the years, but I really enjoyed this last episode! Loved the self depreciation! I think it was a great illustration of how fickle and back-stabbing the industry is:

Being slagged off about how rubbish their show is by fellow cast members behind their backs.
Reece as a lonely scared guy who really relies on his friendship with Steve, while Steve is all too happy to drop him for a bigger slice of fame.
Mark Gattis wanting absolutely nothing to do with Reece.
The podcast guy being more interested in himself than Steve
The way Steve treats his friend in the bathroom when getting ready

Was kind of hoping for a more bittersweet ending, like they make up/ get a great acting job then get hit by a bus or something 😅 but I guess the 'bus show' they end on is a sort of career suicide and kind of completes the irony of how meaningless fame is.

Laugh out moments where the toilet roll to do ❄ and "You've done death in paradise!" 🤣
Oh I'd forgotten the podcast guy, oh god it was such a funny episode!

Reactions: 1
Oh I'd forgotten the podcast guy, oh god it was such a funny episode!
ha ha he was so perfect when he broke out into the ads, so seamless!

not only playing an annoying podcast guy, but playing a crap podcast guy who has to do his own ads :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I can’t believe it’s over 😞
Not sure if I’d have preferred a normal episode but I think it was a good send off.

Reactions: 4
Katherine Parkinson was the first person on screen in the first episode too :) nice touch
I just watched sardines again and she’s wearing a red, similar outfit and sniffs some soap too. And Tim Key was also in Sardines. I thought it was a lovely episode with loads of star spots and reminders of episodes (wonder why Sheridan Smith wasn’t in it tho?).

I just watched sardines again and she’s wearing a red, similar outfit and sniffs some soap too. And Tim Key was also in Sardines. I thought it was a lovely episode with loads of star spots and reminders of episodes (wonder why Sheridan Smith wasn’t in it tho?).
Scheduling problems, I’d guess? Probably why they focused on her quite strongly in the clip from 12 days.

My absolute favourite call-back to previous episodes was Rosie Cavaliero dressing Steve, as ‘The Understudy’ is one of my favourite episodes but it tends to get forgotten about. I’ll have to rewatch them together & see how closely they mirror each other.

I wonder if they also sneaked a few lines of iambic pentameter in somewhere (another one of my favourite episodes) 🤔

Were there symmetrical hare statues either side of the cinema screen? A call-back to the Keeley Hawes episode maybe?

done a couple of rewatches now and it really stands up

I can understand how a casual viewer might be disappointed, but it was a properly fitting end for the fans tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 12
done a couple of rewatches now and it really stands up

I can understand how a casual viewer might be disappointed, but it was a properly fitting end for the fans tbh
I love that they made it a proper ‘thank you sticking with us for almost a decade’ treat for the ardent fan base.

I don’t think it matters that 95% of the internal references might have whooshed over the head of the casual or occasional viewer; it still had a plot line that didn’t rely on extensive knowledge of previous episodes.

I’ve just remembered Jason Watkins kicking off about being overcharged at the bar 😁

Reactions: 8
I loved when they were talking about the series and said "every 4th one a dud" 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This is why I hate things that claim to be 'definitive rankings' because everyone is going to disagree. I didn't even get past the 30s because I was incensed at their choices 🤣
Yeah apart from number 1 I disagreed with most of that list! They had some absolute corkers right down at the bottom of the list! It was good to read through though and refresh my memory on a few of the episodes, there's quite a lot I'd forgotten or only seen once.

Reactions: 2
I wouldn't even put their choice at Number 1 (I went back and peeked, lol) . Don't get me wrong, it's amazing and I rate it HIGHLY, but to me it's not my favourite. Their number 4 is my number 1. And their number 3 is one of my least favourites 😂.

Reactions: 1
Diddle doddle dumpling is my favourite if I had to chose. I just love keeley hawe’s reaction to him and the growing obsession. Don’t agree with most on that list. I saw an interview on YouTube where Steve said he started his own list just to wind Reece up

• Haha
I do usually enjoy a good ranking, but it's just impossible for this show

we all know what's gonna be no1, they're all too different to compare properly and no one's ever gonna agree

tbh, I've never even been sure what my fave is!

anyhoo, it was written by michael hogan, who's a bit of a twit, so who cares what he thinks 🤷

Last edited:
I was just watching the On the Buses bit at the end (or whatever it was meant to be called) and noticing the little call outs in the ‘You Have Been Watching’ cast shots, like the ‘Lonely Hearts Killer’ newspaper headline