Inside No 9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love that the final episode splits the fan base so much.
I thought it was a great episode.
Anything else like a ā€œnormalā€ episode just wouldā€™ve been a let down.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think I feel let down because the internet, especially the Reddit, had hyped it up so much! So it felt flat. I did sob when Time to Ssy Goodbye was playing, and the montage was lovely. Am I right in thinking that the stuff between Reece and Steve in the toilets was all fictional? the police drama and the Amazon series, etc, was that just a storyline? And Steve taking ill during filming of the ctrl alt escape? I assume that didnā€™t actually happen? Anyone know?

Reactions: 2
I think I feel let down because the internet, especially the Reddit, had hyped it up so much! So it felt flat.
Yes! This! I was expecting some kind of interactive live episode based on what people had been speculating. When I realised they were playing themselves and were in a venue I thought ā€œyup here we goā€ and especially when it was said ā€œtheyā€™re watching the film nowā€. I love the sentiment of the episode and the reunions between all the guest stars but it just didnā€™t feel like a real episode and that was so disappointing for me. I wanted to come out of it thinking wow, best tv ever! And in reality it just fell flat for me.

Reactions: 3
I initially felt disappointed by the ending but reflecting on it, I think they wanted to give credit to all their supporting actors who helped make all the episodes so amazing. And to share a bit about their own personas after inhabiting so many characters (although dramatised) - chances are theyā€™ve had those type of conversations over the years but always come back to each other as recognise the magic there.
I think they went for that mythical ā€˜option 3ā€™ as that nostalgia and humour has been in every single episode in some way and itā€™s obviously shared and special to them.
Oh and because theyā€™re not daft they know it will make us all rewatch from the start to pick up all the references!

• Heart
I love that the final episode splits the fan base so much.
I thought it was a great episode.
Anything else like a ā€œnormalā€ episode just wouldā€™ve been a let down.
Yes, I'm a casual fan (don't even know if I watched early episodes, but I'll be watching from the start again soon!) so was expecting something different, but can completely understand why more invested fans loved it on the whole, response on twitter last night was pretty incredible!

Reactions: 2
I definitely need a rewatch, but it was great seeing them play themselves.

If anyone doesn't have access to iPlayer, comedy gold has series 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 & 9 on demand

Reactions: 1
I think it's incredible that nothing was leaked about this final episode considering how many people were involved in it!

I think I just found it a bit "twee" so many of the episodes had twists but this one didn't. Just felt a bit flat

Reactions: 5
I get what they did with the episode and having alot of the cast come back but personally I just didn't enjoy it (what was the first 10 minutes about where they were in the loo doing lines?)
They could still could have turned it in to a "normal" episode and had some kind of "twist"
Agree with others about the massive build up and just feeling flat
Don't come for me I'm still a fan of the show but i really didn't enjoy last night's episode at all and when Robin Askswith's wrinkly old arse is the highlight well ..... šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Have you re watched it? You might feel different second time round. Thereā€™s a line from every episode in there. One for the fans.

Reactions: 6
Have you re watched it? You might feel different second time round. Thereā€™s a line from every episode in there. One for the fans.
Iā€™ve watched all the episodes at least twice and consider myself a fan so I did pick up on quite a few nods to older episodes, however if it completely relied on you being a super fan to fully appreciate it then I donā€™t think thatā€™s right. A last episode should be accessible and appreciated by all, not just those whoā€™ve committed all episodes to photographic memory. I know not everyone will like every episode (I know I donā€™t) and this one seems the most divisive so far but they may as well have just aired a look back reunion special instead of pitching it as an actual episode.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Katherine Parkinson was the first person on screen in the first episode too :) nice touch

Reactions: 8
I really loved it, i found it really funny - Tim Key being so close to Katherine Parkinson had me howling, as did Robin Askwiths bum. I liked they were playing versions of themselves, Steve in this being quite an unpleasant character, it pulled my emotions "oh don't be horrible to Reece!". Gatiss' cameo was a treat and it was lovely to have all the guests attend. I thought it was a really fitting end, loved it!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I've dipped in and out throughout the years, but I really enjoyed this last episode! Loved the self depreciation! I think it was a great illustration of how fickle and back-stabbing the industry is:

Being slagged off about how rubbish their show is by fellow cast members behind their backs.
Reece as a lonely scared guy who really relies on his friendship with Steve, while Steve is all too happy to drop him for a bigger slice of fame.
Mark Gattis wanting absolutely nothing to do with Reece.
The podcast guy being more interested in himself than Steve
The way Steve treats his friend in the bathroom when getting ready

Was kind of hoping for a more bittersweet ending, like they make up/ get a great acting job then get hit by a bus or something šŸ˜… but I guess the 'bus show' they end on is a sort of career suicide and kind of completes the irony of how meaningless fame is.

Laugh out moments where the toilet roll to do ā„ and "You've done death in paradise!" šŸ¤£

• Heart
Reactions: 6