Inside No 9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
loved it! the whole vibe was just my thing. was proper MR James stuff

I'm gonna be in floods this time next week 😭 I don't want it to end 😭

Reactions: 3
Not one of my favourites but still enjoyed it. I leapt out of my skin at the end when the figure appeared behind Natalie Dormer!

Reactions: 1
Really enjoyed last night's, although I wasn't scared while watching, I did have trouble sleeping last night, so it must have effected me somehow 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just spotted a comment on another forum from someone who is going to the Leicester Square screening, saying that there's going to be a pre-screening Q&A & adding that it seems a bit pointless as it would make more sense for the Q&A to happen afterwards.

So now I'm convinced that the 'Q&A' is either going to be filmed, but with some planted actors asking scripted questions which take it off into unexpected events, which is filmed and forms part (or all) of the episode, or there is no Q&A and its a ruse to get everyone in situ early in order for something else to happen. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Reactions: 8
The stated title for the final episode is "Plodding On" but I don't think it's the real one - they've already stated that was the title they originally wanted to use for the episode "Love's Great Adventure."

Radio Times hinted that the plot of the episode involved grave-robbing but that's evidently a red herring as well because they did that in last night's episode

Reactions: 5
The stated title for the final episode is "Plodding On" but I don't think it's the real one - they've already stated that was the title they originally wanted to use for the episode "Love's Great Adventure."

Radio Times hinted that the plot of the episode involved grave-robbing but that's evidently a red herring as well because they did that in last night's episode
‘Plodding on’ is such a ‘nothing’ title for the final ever episode, and even more so if it’s recycled from an earlier episode. Plus there are no cast details on IMDB or anywhere else. It could just be that it’s a Reece/Steve two-hander, but it certainly appears that there’s something going on.

I’m so excited!!!! 😊😊😊😊

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
‘Plodding on’ is such a ‘nothing’ title for the final ever episode, and even more so if it’s recycled from an earlier episode. Plus there are no cast details on IMDB or anywhere else. It could just be that it’s a Reece/Steve two-hander, but it certainly appears that there’s something going on.

I’m so excited!!!! 😊😊😊😊
Someone on Facebook said if you take out the initialisms for League of Gentlemen (LOG) Psychoville (P) and Inside No. 9 (INN), the letters left in Plodding On is ODD...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Also, I felt that last night's episode was pleasant enough but felt a bit half-baked (the plot didn't really hang together very well and the twist was kind of obvious), but they certainly invested a lot of their penultimate episode into alerting their audience to the fact that completion of the ninth in a series of creative works is a cursed endeavour with horrible consequences ... 🤨😉

Reactions: 6
I enjoyed last night's episode I liked the fact it wasn't just centred around one "room" it felt a bit different and the carry on style innuendo at the begging was great
Can't wait to see what they pull out of the bag for next week I still think it could be a live show with the q and a audience as participants whatever they do I hope they go out with a bang
still wish they would write a feature length horror film together or a victorian style ghost story for Christmas

Reactions: 4
Someone on Facebook said if you take out the initialisms for League of Gentlemen (LOG) Psychoville (P) and Inside No. 9 (INN), the letters left in Plodding On is ODD...
Ooooh, that’s well spotted. I wondered if it was an anagram of something (given how into anagrams/wordplay Steve was on the recent series of Taskmaster), but I’m rubbish at anagrams so couldn’t work it out 😁

Last edited:
Well that certainly didn’t disappoint. Very clever twist yet again. I’m going to be so sad this time next week when it is over. But what a journey it has been and we‘ve got one highly anticipated episode left to go. I can’t wait to see what they are going to do.

Ooooh, that’s well spotted. I wondered if it was an anagram of something (given how into anagrams/wordplay Steve was on the recent series of Taskmaster), but I’m rubbish at anagrams so couldn’t work it out 😁
There was also that brilliant 'The Riddle of the Sphinx' episode with the crossword in the Guardian. The way they use other media forms, like the websites in Psychoville, and this show is another reason why they feel a step above many other writers out there.

I'm not ready for it to be over, but also can't wait to see what they have planned for it.

If this QnA is genuinely that I hope it will be available online after because I'd happily watch.

Reactions: 5
Keep thinking about Wednesdays episode and I think it was one of their strongest; the horror elements were truly scary, Steven Pemberton was superb (I love it when they deviate from uptight one/outgoing one) , and it felt like a film but it was only 30 minutes! So good!

The only thing that takes me out of it is when they have a guest star that I recognise, so for Burnham to be played by the newspaper editor in The Gentlemen who has relations with a pig was kind of jarring 😂😂