Influencers trying to get tattle closed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t even know who these people “influnecers” are. And I used that term VERY loosely.
Are there even threads about them? And if there is why are they reading it. They’re probably on here slagging of their mates anyway
Exactly what I was thinking 🤣 🤣

Reactions: 2
People sitting around having a gossip is as old as time.

What these influencers mean, is that they are fed up of us catch them out on lies.

Totally different than being bullied or trolled which no one would agree with.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
People sitting around having a gossip is as old as time.

What these influencers mean, is that they are fed up of us catch them out on lies.

Totally different than being bullied or trolled which no one would agree with.
It isnt too difficult to be truthful and still be an influencer as such.I would take more notice of what they say/show if they were more honest.

Reactions: 3
It's like Jack Monroe saying her lawyer/friends read the site on her behalf, yet she constantly makes reference to it and even showed up one day (thread #31... would recommend reading because she comes off a right idiot trying to be smart).

She also made constant references to legal threats, and that she had printed off 10,000 pages of evidence from the site.

It did frighten a few members for a while, myself included, but I just find it hysterical now.

Reactions: 15
It's like Jack Monroe saying her lawyer/friends read the site on her behalf, yet she constantly makes reference to it and even showed up one day (thread #31... would recommend reading because she comes off a right idiot trying to be smart).

She also made constant references to legal threats, and that she had printed off 10,000 pages of evidence from the site.

It did frighten a few members for a while, myself included, but I just find it hysterical now.
Imagine wasting 10,000 pieces of paper over this 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Also the influencers who think it's all hate and jealousy. Have they not noticed that not every single influencer has a thread on here? There are plenty influencers with a big following who don't get talked about so much, wondering why that is, surely if it's just due to hate and being jealous people would be talking about everyone? Or maybe, just maybe, it's to do with their awful personality and lies... No, can't be that surely. We're just insecure people jealous of their success 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The thing that makes me laugh about some of these influencers is they genuinely believe the sun shines out of their arses. It’s ok for them to promote tit products and plug it endlessly so we buy it and get ripped off but when they are challenged for it, we’re suddenly all bullies. The reason why so many people are insecure and have issues is because influencers promote unrealistic body image and lifestyles and that really affects vulnerable people yet when they are called out suddenly they are the vulnerable person. They’re just full of tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The thing that makes me laugh about some of these influencers is they genuinely believe the sun shines out of their arses. It’s ok for them to promote tit products and plug it endlessly so we buy it and get ripped off but when they are challenged for it, we’re suddenly all bullies. The reason why so many people are insecure and have issues is because influencers promote unrealistic body image and lifestyles and that really affects vulnerable people yet when they are called out suddenly they are the vulnerable person. They’re just full of tit.
Maybe so but I can never understand why so many people do actually buy the things they promote. I like to look and choose for myself and see what else there is on offer and for the more expensive things I do my own research before buying

Reactions: 3
Don’t “influencers “ and I say that loosely not know that there hundreds of forums on the internet about absolutely everything from football to Car geeks to online chat about how to fix a washing machine.

Love tattle it’s hilarious 😂👍

Reactions: 6
Sadly some do fall every time an influencer threatens in order to silence people. It's gaslighting.

Hopefully one day these influencers will have to join a professional body and have rules and standards to stick to. At the moment it's a wild west and they're so up their own arse they genuinely think someone is stalking them by watching the content they choose to broadcast to make money. It's funny some peoples wild interpretations of the law where they're always in the right.

But, like, on what grounds? As with everyone else here I think there’s a massive difference between having a bit of a gossip and sending crappy messages, but really there are two schools of thought:
1. Don’t be a dick, and know that if people are talking tit about you, it’s not valid.
2. Accept that you can be the best person in the world but there will always be someone out there who doesn’t like you.

not liking someone is not a crime 😂

Reactions: 5
I agree with PPs. Influencers seem to think they are a different breed. There are forums dedicated to every topic under the sun - sports, fashion, arts, films, technology, even one called Skyscraper City that discusses big building projects across the country etc etc - where people/brands/businesses and so on are discussed. If you are putting yourself out there then sorry, you’re fair game to be discussed! What the influencers forget is without their followers - they are nothing!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Their need to control blows my mind it's like witnessing a cult where they all have the same mantra, women supporting women, must like, must comment, keep everything positive and most importantly nothing can be allowed to exist that might damage their ability to EARN !!
Tattle threatens the status quo, it rocks their boat, it points out truth's or reality they want hidden ...... like shattering a magic trick by pointing out how tricksters do the illusion .

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Surely we are all missing the point. In the olden days, gossip was about people who acted or sang. You know, people with talent or skills. People who could actually do something to inspire others. I have no idea what half of these influenzas do. Hinch? PTWM? The House Build? It’s the next stage on from reality TV stars and IT girls before that, who became famous just for being there. Alison Hammond being the exception 😂

Reactions: 8
influencers have managed successfully to conflate discussion and critique to bullying and trolling. Like Lydia millen this week, had a message asking why she hadn’t been to see her nan and that’s bullying apparently??

Im sick of being told I have to support these influencers because they are women. No. I don’t have to like anyone because we both happen to be women. You don’t get a free pass for non compliance with advertising regs and crappy and devious behaviour and expect support from other women. It doesn’t work like that.

no one has a right to be liked. if you are sharing your life online you should expect some critique and if you get big enough some people are going to dislike you, and be open about it. If you cant handle that it’s the wrong job. Influencers want some sanitised world where they can block anyone and filter their comments, it’s no wonder they can’t handle the reality that there are tonnes of people out there not falling for their tit.

I am sick of hearing that influencers want social media companies to make people hand over their passport and address details to use social media. Why should I be penalised when I haven’t done anything wrong?. I’m not trusting Instagram or any US based company with those details. I would just come off insta like millions of other people and suddenly influencers would be moaning about losing all followers and likes 🧐

personally I have nothing to hide. I have never DMd or contacted an influencer with anything negative, i simply come to tattle. I have never said anything which I consider hateful or bullying and I would stand by my opinions to their face.

they tell themselves we are horrible ugly stupid unsuccessful people because they cannot handle the truth that we are the audience they lost and that our opinions are real and valid from actual people with jobs, lives and families who are just sick of the bullshit.

we should all be very wary of the censorship these influencers are trying to push.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
They just don’t like the fact that they get called out on their tit and they can’t moderate it.
Exactly, Helen Anderson thew a 3 day download festival party for her mates durning lockdown and got called out for it on here because her mates and her all posted their drunken antics on their public social media (which showed a lack of social distancing and showed off a lot more people with her than she claimed in her video) a day or two later her mates started doing the rounds with the petition, all because they got caught out.

One of her friends said that we don’t have the guts to say these things to Helen directly, so when Helen didn’t wear a face mask on her multiple shopping trips and was seen picking her nose and touching every item in the shop, she got called out for it on her video and deleted comments, and then in another video she tried to make a comparison that being confident could be worse than having social anxiety and got called out for it again, and again she was deleting comments (none of the comments weren’t even harsh, just questions and views), so of course people are going to find a place they can air their views about crappy things she does without her being able to delete it 🤣

It’s so funny to watch these people try and shut down these sites just because they’ve been called out on the crappy wrongdoings that they post online themselves.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Boris won't let it get closed, the top 5 love our thread too much 😊
Too bloody right our BoJo wouldn't entertain such a petition.

Celebrities have been getting criticized for years but at least they had a talent! these influencers have come in begging, cheating and lying and if they think they are above being called out they are WRONG.

I HOWLED when I saw Megan Ellaby peddling some of this anti Tattle shite yesterday when her sister and her mum have been caught driving to the houses of people they suspected to be posters on here... you honestly couldn't make this stuff up. They told these people that their posts on Tattle were illegal and they'd be threatened with legal action if they didn't delete them.

These influencers are all on another planet- quite scary to think these people have ended up with ego's this large they've started thinking it's okay to try and control everyone's opinion, whilst still maintaining such an enormous level of influence to the general public.

And I wholeheartedly agree with the comment above that not every influencer has a thread on this site, presumably because they actually seem okay, behave responsibly and address criticism properly without just shutting people down.

I HOWLED when I saw Megan Ellaby peddling some of this anti Tattle shite yesterday when her sister and her mum have been caught driving to the houses of people they suspected to be posters on here... you honestly couldn't make this stuff up. They told these people that their posts on Tattle were illegal and they'd be threatened with legal action if they didn't delete them.

These influencers are all on another planet- quite scary to think these people have ended up with ego's this large they've started thinking it's okay to try and control everyone's opinion, whilst still maintaining such an enormous level of influence to the general public.

And I wholeheartedly agree with the comment above that not every influencer has a thread on this site, presumably because they actually seem okay, behave responsibly and address criticism properly without just shutting people down.
And without Tattle, they couldn't have done that. So on behalf of all of us tattlers, Megan my dear, you are welcome. I'm glad this website has given you something within your privileged flouting lockdown life to complain about. Mwah.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.