Influencers trying to get tattle closed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure these a discussion already going on this, couldn’t find anything!

Last night and today I’ve noticed a few influencers that I follow saying stuff about online trolling and trying to get the site closed down! 🙄

What are people’s thoughts?

A couple of examples

7248351B-18C1-44E6-85C3-DF241120CB1D.png
5C0858ED-F6B9-4B23-A90D-0DB7FAF8E40E.png
7248351B-18C1-44E6-85C3-DF241120CB1D.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Mia jeal also tried getting the site shut down, or her thread deleted anyway 😂 she’s a small YouTuber and she deletes comments when people give her advice. This site and her thread isn’t disrespectful or abusive in anyway, they simply give advice to help her because on her channel she would delete the comments and only keep the positive ones. She always brings up topics on her channel about the ones we talk about on here so she obviously reads this.

I think this site is good for constructive criticism, it allows you to be able to say your opinion whatever that opinion is. I think influencers have too much time if they’re trying to get their threads taken down because they’d obviously have to read the thread to know what’s on there. They decide to put their lives online so they should be more prepared for the good ... and bad comments.

Reactions: 35
I think its ridiculous. They pick up on the one or two bad comments and run with them as if that's what the whole site is full of. We aren't commenting on their posts or directing comments directly at them, so calling it trolling is ridiculous. They create this platform and surely must expect some backlash?? I personally don't see how this site is any different to discussing celeb gossip with your mates or the hairdresser etc

Don't like the public talking about you? Then don't out yourself out there!!

Reactions: 42
That petition has been doing the rounds for about 18 months now, nothing will come of it.

tattle and those who post on tattle are not doing anything wrong or illegal. No crime is being committed here! Tattle is not the only gossip site around and it won’t be the last either. It’s very simple; if they can’t handle what is written here then they don’t have to read it. If they are making a choice to access this site and read what people are saying about them then that’s their own choice.

Reactions: 54
This has been done several times before

Change petitions mean nothing and this petition was started by a nobody that stuffed their head into a bees nest of drama and actually trolled people online and was surprised when she got stung back. It only gained traction because we allowed a thread on here and since then hundreds of influencers have shared it and helped promote the site :LOL: .

Tattle isn't going anywhere but if it did another one would pop up instantly. Humans have talked about public figures long before paper existed, it isn't going anywhere.

Talking about people that make their living on social media isn't trolling. You can't overshare your life to court fame and only get praise, fame doesn't work like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 89
I think its ridiculous. They pick up on the one or two bad comments and run with them as if that's what the whole site is full of. We aren't commenting on their posts or directing comments directly at them, so calling it trolling is ridiculous. They create this platform and surely must expect some backlash?? I personally don't see how this site is any different to discussing celeb gossip with your mates or the hairdresser etc

Don't like the public talking about you? Then don't out yourself out there!!
Exactly this. If people aren’t saying it on tattle they’re saying it to friends, colleagues, hairdressers, mums, sisters 🤷🏻‍♀️ People can argue against it all they want (saying things like ‘but no one deserves it, public eye or not’) but the bottom line IS “Don't like the public talking about you? Then don't put yourself out there!!” Lets be honest people probably say far worse to friends/colleagues than is put on here anyway 🙄 also...if people who know you come on here and expose you for the nasty human being you are, that’s on you for being a witch in life 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think it’s ridiculous myself too!

I get it when you have trolls directly messaging people and saying really nasty stuff and going out of their way to be vile. But this site is 9 times out of 10 not that. Yes we criticise these influencers actions / behaviour but I hardly ever see personal attacks.

If you comment on an Instagram post you will either get blocked / comment deleted or their minions coming for you! Even just for a simple comment a lot of the time! Where’s the rules on getting their minions trolling people who haven’t ‘put themselves out there’ with hate and abuse?!

At the end of the day this is a freedom of speech and they don’t have to come and read here do they!

Reactions: 15
Unless its sent to them I honestly don't see it as trolling, or see the problem. If your actively seeking your own name on a gossip site then your bleeping stupid. Dont look and you will be blissfully unaware. People are allowed to talk and have opinions. If you choose to look and let it ruin your life harsh as it may sound but .. more fool you ✌🏼

Reactions: 20
Tattle exists so people have a way to talk about public figures away from their feed. It's more like the antithesis of trolling.

If you're a public figure what do you expect if you go out searching on a site that is for people that are disillusioned with them? It's like someone listening in on a private conversation.

The #1 rule is to keep things on tattle, anyone that breaks that we do ban because that's not what it's about.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I also think these influencers talking about it will naturally get their followers to come look and then potentially see them for what they are! 😂😂

Reactions: 15
They can post a thousand links to different petitions but it will never work.

you’re telling me these influencers don’t gossip with their friends about celebs or other influencers!?

They just don’t like the fact that they get called out on their tit and they can’t moderate it.

i hope more people post links to the petition as that always brings new members here and they have their eyes opened to what they are really like.

the few threads i’m on, people are called out if they are being nasty for no reason or uncalled criticism so its not the horrible trolling site they want to believe it is. These influencers need to realise, a different of opinion or an opinion isn’t trolling.

Reactions: 14
This is a joke. I have never seen anything posted on here that’s actual trolling, it’s constructive criticism of the shady and poor behaviour of influencers. These people don’t like it when you call them out for not declaring their gifts or ads or when you point out it’s not a real job. This is classic cancel culture and it really pisses me off!

Reactions: 12
I also have to add I’ve never seen ANYONES address ever shared on here!

If it has then it’s been taken off very quickly but as most know it’s against the rules!

Evidently these going to be members that live in the same town as an influencer but again I’ve never seen anyone give away an address!!

Reactions: 10
This boils my piss.

They're all so bloody up themselves they have no idea what trolling is...actual trolling is what happens where for example families of people (sometimes even children) who have died tragically - and are only in the public eye because of those tragic circumstances/ because they've set up a memorial or charity or similar - get targeted by sad individuals sending disgusting messages about the family member they have lost. That is vile, and should be stopped.

But commenting on here about some wannabe influencer who is busily whoring themselves and their family on social media and has failed yet again to declare an ad or gifted item, or is very publicly breaching Covid guidance, or giving out advice that is unsafe or just plain wrong, NONE of that is trolling. It's fair comment.

Reactions: 26
What idiots. Have they never seen Gogglebox? People have opinions, deal with it. Just because you don't like what you hear, doesn't make it abuse.

Buffoons!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Unless it’s smoke being blown up their arses then it’s abuse to them! You can’t have an opinion that’s not painting them in the best light!

God help when this influencer culture finally fucks off and they have to get real jobs with bosses giving them feedback or working to deadlines/ targets ect!!

Reactions: 19
I also have to add I’ve never seen ANYONES address ever shared on here!

If it has then it’s been taken off very quickly but as most know it’s against the rules!

Evidently these going to be members that live in the same town as an influencer but again I’ve never seen anyone give away an address!!
Thing is though, they take absolutely no steps to protect themselves from their address being in the public domain. Quite a few of them who are directors of limited co's have their home address down on Companies House records. You don't have to do this - my OH is a company director and uses his accountant's office address. He's not famous, just careful about personal security!

And the ones who don't do that share the town they live in, pictures of their street or front door, when they moved in. Or the pub at the end of their road, or their local shop or cafe and so on.

Anyone who wanted to could find out where most of the oversharers live pretty easily.

Reactions: 14
I’m not being funny but if you put yourself out there and want to be famous and have the following, the money and lifestyle then you have to expect that people will have an opinion and people will criticise you when you do wrong.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.