Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
These influencers infuriate me. Swanning around in Dubai like there is no pandemic, and then when they are called out they have the audacity to post sob videos asking people to stop messaging them telling them they are wrong :mad:🙄
It’s not bloody difficult, if you don’t like others opinions then don’t post what you’re doing online!!!!
I really hope this is the year that being an influencer stops being a profession and these idiots have to get a real job.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Mcjlxi

Not Dubai but Maldives- Scottish “influencer” EMILY SHAK who’s father sadly passed away in November with COVID! has landed today with her bf. She’s posting as if she’s at home but he posted a pic on his story yesterday of them on flight sipping champagne & then again on his story today. For someone who knows first hand the devastation the virus causes I find it absolutely appalling & shameful behaviour from her to be travelling!

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

Shopgal

Look up Dubai porta potties, and use will see how all them Instagram girls like Chloe khan, Chloe ferry and so on why they are always in Dubai it's absolutely disgusting what they do for a free trip away and after reading it I have zero respect for any of them, I hope use all have a strong stomach to read it is all am going to say as its vile 🤮
It’s actually so sad to read. The quotes saying, “I now have £1000000 and can retire at 24”. That’s about £12 500 a year to live off hun. Good luck.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

greenvelvet

VIP Member
Does anyone have the link to the govt petition about Zara Holland? Or links to any govt petition about the influencers getting away with shit?
Hey, I’m writing one about restricting international travel (directed at influencers, but think it will pick up more traction if I make it generally applicable) at the moment. I want to make it convincing and go through quickly - you’re not allowed to accuse anyone of any criminality or “misbehaviour” so it’s a bit tricky to combine evidenced complaints with this! Want to get it done ASAP but am working at the moment

Reactions: 22

Shopgal

New door Oman has strictly enforced lock down at different levels over the past year, including closing borders and curfews. Not surprisingly, they have had fewer cases.
I find it also astounding how many people are saying “I feel really safe here”. Its like they think Dubai some magical paradise that doesn’t have covid? As you said Australia closed the boarders early (although not early enough) and movement is severely restricted yet we are still getting outbreaks down here from returned travellers. The waste water testing is showing it’s still in the community. How on Earth do these influencers think Dubai is some safe haven with all the foreign travel. It’s so criminal too because even if they (being the influencers) are safe, the service staff are not. The working and living conditions are known to be terrible, I doubt they will receive medical treatment if infected. I know what worked for Aus and NZ is completely implausible for the rest of the world but it is just INSANE to see these people being able to holiday so freely and with so little disregard for anyone but themselves.

kkm_0120

What about the “influencers” who are now giving health advice. This one from @mellysophia - someone who has nothing to offer apart from marrying a ex convict which didn’t last.

She was in Dubai in the last lockdown, out every night with her friends (and documenting this). What gives her the right to give out health advice??

Read it - it’s so badly written it sums her up perfectly!

These people are so thick it’s unbelievable yet they are out there with no consequence. The papers don’t report this because they support them in their usual lives.

I use to follow her ages ago & contacted her for a quote to do my wedding day make up, emphasis on MAKE UP ONLY.
my wedding is (it got cancelled but we’ve rescheduled for 2021) in Italy - Lake Como.

Her quote was to pay for flights, accommodation & transfers which was totally understandable. THEN to pay for all of that for a friend who she would want to take with her. THEN the make up quote was £2500. ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH?! that email swiftly went into the bin.

• Wow
  • Haha

PinkFigs

VIP Member
I think it shows a lack of awareness on influencers’ part when they’re flaunting their luxury holidays when everyone else is a)stuck in the UK obeying rules and b)many people have had a difficult year financially.

Rxt156

VIP Member
Dubai used to be a luxurious place, expensive and classy!
Absolutely is not any more

Renata

VIP Member
I can’t cope with her grammar 😫
She also talks like that. Says “fanks” instead of thanks.

Anyone who marries someone who assaulted a police officer (a petition of 30k signatures for his arrest) needs their head tested.

It goes to show these girls will do anything for wealth (they don’t have to earn).

• Heart
  • Haha

Sarah honeysuckle

Chatty Member
I have a lot of time for Dr Alex and also Rachel Fenton from the first series. She’s caught Covid twice whilst she’s been working as a nurse throughout the pandemic. She could easily have jacked it in and become an influencer. she’s always said her greatest achievement was her degree so why would she give that up.

• Heart

Mudmasque

The Dubai government are advertising here now. Saw an ad on tv the other along the line of ‘Dubai is open’ or ‘We’re open’ 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry

frillseeker

Alisha lemay is another one breaking the rules.
Used to love her but now I just think she’s an idiot. Braggy posts and stories to rub it in peoples faces, I think she’s in Tulum not Dubai but still equally frustrating to watch.
She thinks by posting 'spiritual' stuff about 'live your life' it somehow makes her exempt from the rules. No hun, you're just a selfish, self indulgent idiot. Don't try and dress yourself up as someone you're not

• Heart
Reactions: 21