“Influencers” and Covid-19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any decent accounts to follow during this covid? I don’t want anyone that’s trying to make money for themselves I can’t stand it. I’ve lost my job so need a cheery positive fun accounts

Reactions: 3
Any decent accounts to follow during this covid? I don’t want anyone that’s trying to make money for themselves I can’t stand it. I’ve lost my job so need a cheery positive fun accounts
I wouldn’t call it cheery but I find myfrugalyear on insta a really nice antidote to everything we get fed on insta, she’s focused on getting a huge lump of debt down but the stuff she shares makes sense for anyone tbh. Like budgeting and thinking about your long term goal whether that’s no overdraft or buying a house etc and ignoring all these triggers put out there to get us spending.

Following her has completely changed my relationship with insta and tbh consumption, I unfollowed about 400 accounts the last week (yes I’ve got time to burn 😂)

Reactions: 9
I don’t know if you’re into YouTube or just want instagram accounts but I really like grackle on YouTube, her Instagram is gracebooth97 I think and she’s really positive and really normal she does a lot of baking and family life vlogs. You should check her out x

Reactions: 7
It’s not her, her face is a different shape also her body is a completely different shape.. I’m also aware she is friends will Ellie O’Donnell & others
Then u also know sophie has admitted to using auto choon because over her scars fru the cyst not going to carry this on u believe what u want and so do I

Also where are her tattoos if it’s her? :)
Yip before her accident I see

Reactions: 1
Then u also know sophie has admitted to using auto choon because over her scars fru the cyst not going to carry this on u believe what u want and so do I

Yip before her accident I see
What are you on about? It isn’t her on the image you posted full stop. Also She doesn’t have tattoos on either arm so therefore it is not Sophie Lol

Reactions: 2

I don’t know if you’re into YouTube or just want instagram accounts but I really like grackle on YouTube, her Instagram is gracebooth97 I think and she’s really positive and really normal she does a lot of baking and family life vlogs. You should check her out x
Was going to suggest grackle as well. If you’re looking for “cheery positive fun” , she’s your girl

I wouldn’t call it cheery but I find myfrugalyear on insta a really nice antidote to everything we get fed on insta, she’s focused on getting a huge lump of debt down but the stuff she shares makes sense for anyone tbh. Like budgeting and thinking about your long term goal whether that’s no overdraft or buying a house etc and ignoring all these triggers put out there to get us spending.

Following her has completely changed my relationship with insta and tbh consumption, I unfollowed about 400 accounts the last week (yes I’ve got time to burn 😂)
I follow her too shes fab.
I think I might buy her book.

I follow her too shes fab.
I think I might buy her book.
She is great! I love her approach/outlook, I’d be interested to know how relevant the book is for people w/o troublesome debt? If it’s more of a re programming against excess then it should be mandatory reading for us all tbh!

For most of them it's like their normal working week sat at home with a camera or laptop in front of them. Just without the primark shopping haul etc. Now they just order online. Hate that they are making money still or proably more because of people's boredom. And theres people with jobless and worried about wages coming in.

Reactions: 4
For most of them it's like their normal working week sat at home with a camera or laptop in front of them. Just without the primark shopping haul etc. Now they just order online. Hate that they are making money still or proably more because of people's boredom. And theres people with jobless and worried about wages coming in.
Every big retailer has significantly slashed marketing spend for the foreseeable, and furloughed most of their staff. I imagine influencer marketing was likely one of the first sacrifices made, would you rather have an influencer post or keep paid search running / your CRM team in the office / your web dev on call again? I’ve heard ASOS were hit because they panicked & turned off all paid media ahead of lock down and now they’re trying to claw back customers with deal after deal.

Unless they have long term ambassador deals or work scheduled for this month I would be very surprised if they manage to get any new work in... 😬

Reactions: 2
It's really bugging me how these influencers on YouTube are saying we should still put makeup on, do our hair etc whilst in lockdown... every day! Let's be real, if they weren't filming themselves or posting pics to Instagram for #ads and #gifted posts, they wouldn't be putting a full face of makeup on and styling their hair as if they're going on a night out.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It's really bugging me how these influencers on YouTube are saying we should still put makeup on, do our hair etc whilst in lockdown... every day! Let's be real, if they weren't filming themselves or posting pics to Instagram for #ads and #gifted posts, they wouldn't be putting a full face of makeup on and styling their hair as if they're going on a night out.
I get up and get dressed but putting make up on is just going to waste make up. I've shoved some on if I'm going out of the house because stress has ignited adult acne (grrrr) but otherwise, whats the point?

Reactions: 9
I get up and get dressed but putting make up on is just going to waste make up. I've shoved some on if I'm going out of the house because stress has ignited adult acne (grrrr) but otherwise, whats the point?
Exactly, the way they're emphasising the importance of still putting makeup on makes it seem like those who aren't putting makeup on just to stay in the house are inferior/less productive.

Reactions: 4
Zero connection to the world. Some have little to nothing. Jackass.

The fake thug in me will proceed to say....

Dumb move to be bragging about that right now. People that know her movements and whereabouts in terms of abode could act..and when they do...no point in crying about it. Can’t be advertising your prized commodities like that right now... Idiot.
Silly we fool her man is a dealer who supposedly works away she's going to regret saying that is asking to be robbed

• Wow
What are you on about? It isn’t her on the image you posted full stop. Also She doesn’t have tattoos on either arm so therefore it is not Sophie Lol
Well a take it then its someone else must be writing on her status with the picture up saying she will be missing oceon beach then must be someone else typing then okay does she always put up photo and misleading her followers sure it's not Sophie doing her nosy on tattle lololol

I find myself becoming increasingly annoyed at a lot of the 'influencers' - I've seen vast groups of them post positive messages about staying home and playing their part to protect our NHS... and then in the next breath, they're sharing all the delightful items they've ordered or been gifted... which unless teleportation is now a real thing, requires a delivery man to leave the safety of his home, travel to some sort of warehouse/depot and go door to door to potentially thousands of homes. Do they not feel that they are somehow responsible for not only their own actions but the imprint they also have during this international crisis!?!? Staying home is great but if you're then asking some other poor soul to risk themselves (still having an impact on our NHS) so you can have your latest unnecessary wax melt. Then you, in my opinion, are no better than those who were seen sunbathing in the parks across the weekend, irrespective of whether you and your family are staying at home safely! :mad: How do people not see this is irresponsible!? If you are ordering necessities, fine... but some of the stuff I've seen people sharing is just so irresponsible!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Exactly, the way they're emphasising the importance of still putting makeup on makes it seem like those who aren't putting makeup on just to stay in the house are inferior/less productive.
Honestly: duck make up right about now. If it makes you feel nice great...but me personally...aint nobody got time to be wasting product and monies. Pointless.

Reactions: 5
ive seen many influencers asking their audiences what they think about ordering online. I personally think it’s a ruse to soften viewers up to seeing hauls and affiliate links.

i hate how they make out they are just trying to ‘help‘ retailers. Often influencers pay nothing for their hauls and they get the retailer to pay them commission, so effectively they are an overhead! How does that help the retailer? It’s the customers money that actually helps the retailer not influencers!! Also debenhams has gone into administration today. Where were are influencers in the past days rallying around if they are such big fans of helping retailers? I don’t remember seeing a single influencer posting about them. These influencers are just lazy cash grabbing witches trying to make people spend money. It’s unethical when so many people are struggling and losing their jobs.

F4364411-05FE-4DD7-98B3-4FB42744F68B.jpeg CCB36A17-56AA-4485-A7E8-8B11158EE8F7.jpeg 0683F86D-CFB8-40C9-BDF7-E3D54EC5F17B.jpeg 76BABDF0-7B63-4946-B234-8C8F642DF76B.jpeg

notice how they ask and it’s like oh I’m personally going to keep ordering. Yeah bet you are hun,... totally selfless aren’t you keeping those poor min wage people in a job. you must feel so good keeping poor people employed.

• Heart
I’ve always liked Rubey but the latest posts has kind of put me off her.

you’re not helping retailers but flogging stuff that no one really needs atm, and her coming and saying i will do what I think is best is basically her saying FU to anyone who said no i will still post ad’s and affiliated links cause i want the money

why don’t followers realise they are being taken for mugs!