“Influencers” and Covid-19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Influencers promoting buying new clothes to sit around in are making me fume but that ASOS twit is terrible. I hate fast fashion in normal life, I really hate what it stands for in this time.

People will remember how companies behaved, the 'who helped list' should be celebrated.
I can’t believe they’re still trying to sell us clothes when we are supposed to be barely leaving the house. Personally I don’t understand the fancy loungewear craze anyway but I especially don’t during a pandemic. More important things are happening, no one knows nor gives a tit what anyone’s wearing at home, like just throw on some old clothes or PJs 🤦‍♀️

I feel like the only one using this opportunity to get some wear out of old clothes I wouldn’t wear out!

Reactions: 12
The mother from the Ingham Family on Youtube bathing her 1 year old in a ‘milk and fruit bath’ to take pictures for his birthday. (literally just to take some Grammable pictures). She’s filled a tin bath with milk and fresh fruit, when there are people struggling to get essentials. (she’s tried to say it’s her own breast milk but has previously shown clips of her fridge unusually loaded with pints and pints of cows milk, and has previously spoken about her struggle to produce, and recently said she’d pretty much stopped BFing him so that’s quite unbelievable) 🤦‍♀️

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
The mother from the Ingham Family on Youtube bathing her 1 year old in a ‘milk and fruit bath’ to take pictures for his birthday. (literally just to take some Grammable pictures). She’s filled a tin bath with milk and fresh fruit, when there are people struggling to get essentials. (she’s tried to say it’s her own breast milk but has previously shown clips of her fridge unusually loaded with pints and pints of cows milk, and has previously spoken about her struggle to produce, and recently said she’d pretty much stopped BFing him so that’s quite unbelievable) 🤦‍♀️
So wasteful and pointless 🤦‍♀️ Also so stupid of her to lie about it being her breast milk. Excess breast milk (which she clearly doesn’t have) can be donated to hospitals for premature babies. No matter where she claims the milk came from, she looks selfish and insensitive. All for the sake of a stupid Instagram post

Reactions: 14
I’m speechless. Is this a thing? I don’t understand why you’d put a baby in a bath of milk...?? why are these influencers wasting food and milk for bleeping toys and photos. It makes me so so mad.

Reactions: 20
Clemmie Telford is claiming she’s got it, no diagnosis obviously....

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I’m speechless. Is this a thing? I don’t understand why you’d put a baby in a bath of milk...?? why are these influencers wasting food and milk for bleeping toys and photos. It makes me so so mad.
You’re ‘meant’ to do it with breast milk to celebrate the milestone.

To the other comment, excess BM can only be donated up to 12 weeks PP.

Reactions: 2
You’re ‘meant’ to do it with breast milk to celebrate the milestone.

To the other comment, excess BM can only be donated up to 12 weeks PP.
never heard of it being a thing personally. Seems a waste of perfectly good breast/oat/cow milk to celebrate a birthday.

Also on a par with the wastefulness of a cake smash. Which I hate as well.

Reactions: 14
A lot of people are rightly calling out Nikki Ryan (Fopperholic) on her latest video. There’s 5 ads and 14 affiliate links in it. She really shouldn’t be encouraging people to order unnecessary stuff right now but she isn’t liking being called out for it so is deleting and blocking!
I am honestly disgusted with this video. People have left many messages calling her out on it and like you say, instead of taking it on board and thinking oh crap I shouldn’t have done this, she deletes them! Influencers have lot to take on board right now.

Reactions: 11
never heard of it being a thing personally. Seems a waste of perfectly good breast/oat/cow milk to celebrate a birthday.

Also on a par with the wastefulness of a cake smash. Which I hate as well.
Sorry I meant the breastfeeding milestone. Not the birthday!

Reactions: 1
Sean Pratt, just back from Bali. Didn't self isolate. Went to the shops, to buy gym weights and then yesterday got his mate to make a pull up bar and collected it. A nurse has messaged him telling him it's not essential and he's not following guildlines. So he's ranting on his story about how he's got some method spray and hand sanitiser 🤦🏻‍♀️ What an actual prat

• Angry
Sean Pratt, just back from Bali. Didn't self isolate. Went to the shops, to buy gym weights and then yesterday got his mate to make a pull up bar and collected it. A nurse has messaged him telling him it's not essential and he's not following guildlines. So he's ranting on his story about how he's got some method spray and hand sanitiser 🤦🏻‍♀️ What an actual prat
No idea who he is but Pratt by name, prat by nature sounds like...🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So disgusted at the majority of influencers still trying to flog us crap we don’t need mainly crappy tracksuits! Plus still showing off the gifts they are still getting. It makes me so cross to think of all those poor postman and women and couriers risking catching Covid-19 just so these twats get their ASOS/Zara parcel which will more than likely be returned anyway!! I also get so cross when they moan about how hard home schooling is!! Firstly, it’s not f-ing home schooling!! Secondly try doing it when you have a proper full time job!! So many people are in danger of losing their jobs (me included) so are having to watch every penny so we really don’t need encouragement to waste money on crap!! Insensitive twats.

Reactions: 22
I’ve just seen someone advertising fridge organisers. We all need them right now

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m honestly sick of watching videos or seeing Instagram ads encouraging people to buy unnecessary items. I watched a vlog recently and the girl was encouraging people to buy her merchandise. It’s just irresponsible with what’s going on now to continue to promote mindless consumerism.

If they’re not trying to flog rubbish you don’t need ie ..jewellery, they are now all becoming expert chefs or personal trainers. Please someone tell them to stop with all the videoing themselves doing keep fit or yoga in their living rooms, even worse when they put it on fast forward!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I watched Allana Davisons most recent video and I waa pleasantly surprised, out of all the influencers That I have seen through the covid situation she is the only one who has kept it semi real and says it like it is. Its a tit situation, most people don’t have motivation to do 1000 things and act like it’s all rainbows and butterlfies.

Reactions: 4
Plus you have to bath him well afterward as the milk would soon start to smell on his skin and hair. 🤢

Reactions: 6
The amount of flogging of loungewear and trainers is unreal.
Followed by baking (I mean it’s not easy to get to the supermarket with social distancing so baking is the last thing on my agenda, I’m there to get food for meals not leisure activities).
Also I’m working from home!! That doesn’t involve time to fanny around baking banana bread all day. These influencers have never had real jobs with managers expecting output from you and it shows!
Emma Hill is pretty much the only influencer not annoying me right now.

Reactions: 15
Oh my God what is it with the Banana bread? Who new there were so many recipes? We were also being shown how to make a roast dinner on Sunday by some ...after the obligatory Ads and links from their gifts that week!

• Haha
Reactions: 18