Influencer Industry

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It really annoyed me when Dog's Trust apparently paid Mrs Hinch 10 grand to have a Dog's Trust highlight on her Instagram page! I stopped donating money after that and just send the odd toys and treats now.
I have sponsored a dog for the past 6 years, even when I was a student at uni and was struggling financially I always gave to them and I am mortified that they spend TEN THOUSAND POUNDS paying that fraud 🤯

Sorry to double post but this is a perfect example of how fake influencer culture is. When you all turn up to the same *gifted* event in your hideous *gifted* coat. I would be mortified to turn up wearing the same thing as one friend let alone TWO!

Attachments

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Can we please say goodby to Zanna Van Dijk, Steph Elswood and Grace Beverly. If these girls have any influence over the upcoming female generation, hope is all lost. If we want future generations of girls who try and replicate their lifestyles I fear for society. Someone said on another thread, it’s time for a war to snap these bleeping snowflakes into reality. Drastic, but I don’t know how else we’re gonna get rid of the woke, snowflake, mental health spouting, eco warrior, plant based eating shite shower were being fed multiple times daily!!!!

Reactions: 9
I don't think these influencers are very positive role models for the coming generation either. Too many young people aspire to be influences/social media stars/youtubers/faux instagram celebrities rather than an actual career. This country will be running out of doctors, nurses, radiographers, engineers, teachers etc but thank god we will still have Mrs Hinch and her trusty bottle of zoflora!

Reactions: 6
I have sponsored a dog for the past 6 years, even when I was a student at uni and was struggling financially I always gave to them and I am mortified that they spend TEN THOUSAND POUNDS paying that fraud 🤯

Sorry to double post but this is a perfect example of how fake influencer culture is. When you all turn up to the same *gifted* event in your hideous *gifted* coat. I would be mortified to turn up wearing the same thing as one friend let alone TWO!
I really hope this is not true.

Reactions: 2
I really hope this is not true.
I really am considering ending my sponsorship with them if they think thats an appropriate way to spend money, that could be better spent on the dogs! I don't know how Mrs Hinch sleeps at night. Its not as if Dogs Trust aren't a well known charity that they would need that level of advertising. Also why would an influencer as wealthy as Mrs Hinch (who loves her dog SO much) not offer to work with Dogs Trust for free as it is a charity???? These people truly have no soul.

Apologies but I am raging that any of my hard earned cash has potentially lined the pocket of the likes of these influences :mad:

• Angry
I think we can safely say influencers will now have to start to think of a real job that produces something of worth or helps society.

Don't come crying that you chose insecure vapid work and were not prepared for a recession that brought it to an end. Even without the virus, a recession would have still happened soon enough.

They're not creatives or creators, just a shopping channel with instantly disposable content. Would you watch a re-run of a QVC show?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think we can safely say influencers will now have to start to think of a real job that produces something of worth or helps society.

Don't come crying that you chose insecure vapid work and were not prepared for a recession that brought it to an end. Even without the virus, a recession would have still happened soon enough.

They're not creatives or creators, just a shopping channel with instantly disposable content. Would you watch a re-run of a QVC show?
Even now most of them are just plugging their ‘content’ and ignorant to the chaos unfolding around them. They could at least use their platform to do good and help people. It is disgraceful and hope their bubble bursts.

I’ve just seen an influencer do a clothes haul they got gifted. Majority of the nation is panicking about losing their homes, not being able to pay bills, going to work and they’re flaunting free stuff telling us to swipe up so we can buy it. What the actual duck is going on with peoples priorities. I wouldn’t mind but it’s today’s date on it. I understand we all want to make money, we all want to provide but Jesus bleeping Christ....don’t flaunt free tit when half of us are worrying about buying our older relatives the basics because we can’t do it or we can’t afford to bulk buy.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
They're also starting to post the freebies they've being sent for Mothers Day, flowers, candles, blah, blah, blah 🙄

With what is going on in the world, I'm all for a bit of light relief, but surely this has got to highlight how innane and shallow influencers are.

Reactions: 13
If I hadn’t temporarily come off Instagram they would be blocking me left, right and centre!

• Haha
Once companies start going bust a lot will almost certainly dissapear?? Who’s gonna sponsor the ads and gift them their tit if the brands no longer exist.

hope brands follow Pret a manger approach of offering something to those that keep society going in a time of need rather than gifted crap to a small privileged few that in comparison don’t do an awful lot and actually make us all feel crap about ourselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It will cut the wheat from the chaff
Survival of the most sensible and compassionate.
The ones who advertise things people can't afford.
Moan when others have it far worse
Or gloat about freebies I dont think will survive.
With people at home and online more they might be subject to more thourght and scrutiny.

Reactions: 9
Funnily enough we were talking about the demise of influencers on another thread (Sali Hughes). The something for nothing culture #gifted #press samples etc just look a bit grotesque now. As is flogging a load of expensive stuff and services they haven't bought themselves to people who now are worried where to find basic food and toiletries . And they can't keep taking freebies from companies who are struggling to pay their staff can they?
Also it looks just hypocritical for them to mourn the demise of businesses when they rarely put their hands in their pockets for anything anyway.

Reactions: 12
Not an instagram influencer, but a minimalist blogger has just done an Ad for a backpack, and is planning/already left to go traveling around the world! For someone that gives monologues about compassion, living mindfully, reducing impact etc this comes off entirely selfish at this point in time, with no real sense of awareness and care for others, let alone the increasing restrictions on travel.

Other minimalist/low waste youtubers are using their platforms to talk about how certain aspects of the lifestyle are no longer safe or practical and to do what you can within these limits.... and then you have self absorbed bloggers who are creating a narrative that everything will be okay, just be a hypocrite and say inviting mindfulness and peace will absolve you of responsibility to others, buy this aesthetic reusable and bag though friends!

Last edited:
  • Wow
I hope it's the year we say goodbye to mummy vloggers and family influencers. Cannot stand people pimping out their children for a paycheck.
Oh I so hope you are right, it's nothing more than child abuse and needs to be stopped.

As soon as they've got nothing to sell these friends that love their audience and entertaining people will duck off.

Just like at Christmas once they've done all their ads then they'll post that they're disappearing to have some family time. This family time would all be shared if there was money to be made!

I think lots of influencers are currently in denial and thinking things will be fine, everyone will be at home and they've got lots of opportunities to still make money out of them. I'm not convinced!

Also it looks just hypocritical for them to mourn the demise of businesses when they rarely put their hands in their pockets for anything anyway.
Exactly!

It's come at a bit of a perfect storm as more and more people are not putting up with influencers telling people to spend their own money to buy something that they got for free, and only used once.

They can't keep saying everyone that questions this shady behaviour is a troll.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Everyone, go and leave a comment tagging your favourite money grabbing influencer on here. I tagged Zanna who is still trying to flog her £175 swimsuits at this time. People won’t be going on holidays this year, people’s family members are dying and she’s still justifying her approach ....
7B7ECC08-BB2B-4C76-AF53-CAD2E1BBA5A8.jpeg

Reactions: 18
I think it’s incredibly bad taste for influencers to be doings ads or whoring out their affiliate links at the moment. I really hope we see the end of their lifestyles, doing very little for a tit load of money and freebies, it’s incredibly vulgar. I would also reconsider buying from brands who use influencers to sell their products at this time tbh. Secondly, why are they all moaning about being stuck in the house or dressing up to ‘work from home’ don’t they just sit in the house all bastard day anyway? Just my two cents.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Definitely agree now is the time to name and shame the worst influencers. Those unboxing #gifted care packages etc when people are scared how to find the very basics.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Wanted to mention Sophie Robinson Interiors. She’s pratting about on Insta showing off her new gifted sofa, her newly expensively wallpapered office and her Brighton holiday home that she’d recently redecorated. I hate watch her.

• Angry
Reactions: 3