India Knight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello, new(ish) member here and my first post. Shame it's such a grim topic.

Until reading the screenshots of the BBC report on EJ, the fullest summation seemed to be in yesterday's Evening Standard online. I'll try to attach a screenshot.

Are we to believe that, despite the fact that there is clear evidence that he has habitually browsed this sort of material, because there was only one item found on his computer this absolves him of the crime? Also, citing EJ and IK's cosy set up as proof that he's come to his senses and turned over a new leaf is pretty flimsy.

None of my business, I know, but I do wonder what Andrew O'Hagan (the father of IK's teenage daughter) makes of all this. If I'm not mistaken, their daughter was (very sadly) born with a heart defect and a small degree of developmental difficulty. I don't know if this made her vulnerable, but it makes me uneasy to think about it.

I find EJ's sentence completely unfathomable. Justice has not been done here.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I don't know if this is *the* Julie Burchill as it's an unverified account but I do hope it is. I think Julie and India do have prior beef so would make sense. Glad to see her and Julie Bindel haven't been afraid to call them out.

IMG_3908.jpeg

IMG_3909.jpeg

IMG_3910.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
A clever, hard-working man taken to drink,
A quick search will disprove the first two attributes.
and his life is destroyed (...)
Love the passive voice used. He destroyed his own life.
found a partner that he loves, and she loves him (...)
Love is the cure! Tell everyone!

Evidence of 2000 peer to peer files is not enough?!

Is this (peer to peer files) how they found out about him?

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 12

God, he's bleeping disgusting. I was trying to find on his Twitter where he had said he will be releasing a statement and saw this. "How lovely" He shouldn't be allowed to even look at a child ever again. Sick bastard.

I really thought it was going to turn out to be a case like Robyn Williams but the 2000 p2p say otherwise.

• Angry
  • Sick

God, he's bleeping disgusting. I was trying to find on his Twitter where he had said he will be releasing a statement and saw this. "How lovely" He shouldn't be allowed to even look at a child ever again. Sick bastard.

I really thought it was going to turn out to be a case like Robyn Williams but the 2000 p2p say otherwise.
stella creasy is amazing, I'd be livid of i was her at this paedophile quoting my tweet

Reactions: 3
Hoping/wondering that IK did not know about all the searches he made instead of just the one that just mentioned in the original reports of the ‘accidental’ downloading/transferring.

Hoping/wondering that IK did not know about all the searches he made instead of just the one that dead mentioned in the original reports of the ‘accidental’ downloading/transferring.
I've wondered about that. He's had therapy, did she know then? She's certainly known since he pleaded guilty, cos he admitted the searches.

Reactions: 2
How utterly grim. His background, upbringing, education, career, relationship status and wealth should have no sway on the fact that he is scum. India Knight is a despicable individual too.
In all this, my sympathies are only with those poor children.

It’s this sort of thing that makes me so so bleeping angry about this country and the way power and influence works. In my old job I worked with people, some of them women with children who were then placed in foster care who went to prison for much much less. Why the duck should he be spared it? He’s utterly vile.

Reactions: 16
I'm not at all sure that it really is Julie Burchill's Twitter account. Would be nice if it was.

Reactions: 1

And guess who clicked ‘like’ on that deeply inappropriate tweet in June this year, just weeks before his trial? India bleeping Knight.

2DEE850F-3AF5-4DD9-862C-36B67D40B517.jpeg

31D72E7B-723D-4B3A-80D7-BED34D34CEB4.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
The salient bit of the first screenshot was cut off. Here it is again.
bleeping hell, and she still stays with him. You've got to wonder why. I don't believe she's too scared of him to leave - money buys you out of that sort of thing. To my mind she is complicit if he's been doing this since at least 2014 and she's still there. Disgusting, vile pair.

Reactions: 9
I’ve been drunk plenty of times before.

Not once has the thought ever occurred to me to go looking on the internet for images of children being sexually abused.

It is unconscionable that being drunk could ever be a valid defence to a crime like that.
The judge's remarks make clear it is not a mitigating factor but an aggravating one.

Suffolk Social Services should be aware of this ffs.
I would have thought they woukd have been msde aware immediately after his arrest. When I was attacked by a former partner Social Services were automatically informed by the police because there were children in my household.
Lesbians have been doxxed, branded transphobic, have lost their jobs, just for not wanting to sleep with trans women who have penises.
Are you able to provide any sources for the claim that lesbians (plural) have losts their jobs for that reason?

Almost certainly Eric got a lighter sentence because he is part of the old boys’ network that runs the establishment. India’s step father would have been part of it too. Perhaps she’s like Ghislaine Maxwell and is so used to growing up surrounded by casual perving and normalised p*do activity, that she has become inured to it.
This is an absurd leap to make.
I'm not a fan of India and understand that people disagree with the sentence (which from discussion on twitter seems to be entirely consistent with sentencing guidelines) but minimising and justifying the behaviour of a partner is not in the same league as what Maxwell is accused of.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Are we to believe that, despite the fact that there is clear evidence that he has habitually browsed this sort of material, because there was only one item found on his computer this absolves him of the crime?
Exactly. All this shows is that he is a careful p a e d o. These freaks run in organised packs, so I have no doubt he is a part of a bigger web

I'm not at all sure that it really is Julie Burchill's Twitter account. Would be nice if it was.
I hope it is. Caitlin Moran and Grace Dent are following it, if that means anything I don't know

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Are you able to provide any sources for the claim that lesbians (plural) have losts their jobs for that reason?
Here are just three current cases I could think of off the top of my head when I read your question. There are plenty, plenty more examples. Another one being the cancelling of Julie Bindel from speaking at a feminist event in Edinburgh. But I don’t have time to find the details right now.

Allison Bailey

Raquel Rosario-Sanchez
https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/bullying-and-harassment-permit-bristol-university/ (To be fair, I don’t know if Raquel is a lesbian but her case is terrible anyway.)

See also this thread from lesbian law professor at Reading University, Rosa Freedman:

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Are we to believe that, despite the fact that there is clear evidence that he has habitually browsed this sort of material, because there was only one item found on his computer this absolves him of the crime?
He has not been absolved of the crime. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced. Disagreeing with the sentence doesn't mean he didn't receive one.
Whatever people beleive about what he did, the court could obviously only deal with that which could proven.
Eric Joyce is not a powerful man and I would be surprised if he was wealthy. I don't think he came from a privileged backround.
The sentencing is consistent with the guidelines and not indicative of any special treatment.

Screenshot_20200808-203158_Twitter.jpg

Here are just three current cases I could think of off the top of my head when I read your question. There are plenty, plenty more examples. Another one being the cancelling of Julie Bindel from speaking at a feminist event in Edinburgh. But I don’t have time to find the details right now.

Allison Bailey

Raquel Rosario-Sanchez
https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/bullying-and-harassment-permit-bristol-university/ (To be fair, I don’t know if Raquel is a lesbian but her case is terrible anyway.)

See also this thread from lesbian law professor at Reading University, Rosa Freedman:
Your post stated "(l)esbians...have lost their jobs, just for not wanting to sleep with trans women who have penises".
None of those women have lost jobs. And what is described did not happen "just for not wanting to sleep with trans women with penises".

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.