India Knight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Julie Bindel. And I agree with every word of that furious tweet. She made a great point about those sex offender programs, which seem to exist purely to save money by keeping offenders like EJ out of prison.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
There's a curious venn diagram appearing on Twitter: many of the women speaking out against EJ could also be considered terfs (apologies, please consider this to be shorthand) and are referencing Joyce's support of unisex spaces in relation to this conviction. I'm not sure where I sit in the debate, but am generally pro trans rights, so this is just really interesting to me
I HATE this, as if one thing has anything to do with another ??

Reactions: 7
Under today's Times article about the sentencing:

Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 16.00.56.png

Literally this. It absolutely beggars belief and do you know the worse thing is that none of the other blue tickers are saying ffff all about it. They would be foaming at the mouth if this was someone outside of the luvvie circle:
Similarly with today's news - Janice Turner, Sali Hughes, Caitlin Moran and that lot would have pointed out the injustice of the sentence if the sicko involved wasn't married to IK but no, not a bloody word. I did think Janice Turner had some integrity...the others, not so much.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Under today's Times article about the sentencing:

View attachment 204631

Similarly with today's news - Janice Turner, Sali Hughes, Caitlin Moran and that lot would have pointed out the injustice of the sentence if the sicko involved wasn't married to IK but no, not a bloody word. I did think Janice Turner had some integrity...the others, not so much.
They’re a bunch of absolute wasters.

Reactions: 10
If the BBC News report is accurate there was search history evidence on his computer "for material for five, six, seven, eight, nine, 10-year-old girls". India's daughter was about five years of age when they got together.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
If the BBC News report is accurate there was search history evidence on his computer "for material for five, six, seven, eight, nine, 10-year-old girls". India's daughter was about five years of age when they got together.
Jesus bleeping Christ.

Reactions: 6
Oh my God. Yet he's spinning a narrative that it was a spam email opened while drunk?

Vile. Viewing this stuff is as bad as physically enacting it. It warrants more than a slap on the wrist

• Sick
Reactions: 10
I don't care how drunk he was, his impulse is to get off on images of unfathomable depravity committed against tiny children. They should have thrown away the key

Reactions: 20
What therapy is this?! I would love to know the therapist that managed to make such a vast improvement with a p a e d o in two years, imagine what they'd do to an anxious and depressed person like me, I'd be done with my meds in a week!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I actually think if they’d spent less on a defence lawyer and he’d got prison time (not suspended) they’d have been *less* outrage over on Twitter. I’ve definitely seen some of Sali’s and India’s mutual followers on twitter tweeting about it.

India’s always been “oh don’t they have women friends ☹” (especially towards this site) well I hope she does have some and they’re helping her leave and denounce him.

Reactions: 7
How the duck was his defence “Oh it was an accident, I didn’t mean to!” when his search history proved otherwise? This is disgusting.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
There's a curious venn diagram appearing on Twitter: many of the women speaking out against EJ could also be considered terfs (apologies, please consider this to be shorthand) and are referencing Joyce's support of unisex spaces in relation to this conviction. I'm not sure where I sit in the debate, but am generally pro trans rights, so this is just really interesting to me
What do you mean by ‘trans rights’? Trans people already have all the same human rights that everybody does under the Human Rights Act. And their gender identity is also a protected characteristic under the Equality Act.

The only rights that trans women don’t have are women’s rights. The trans lobby wants to appropriate women’s rights that are explicitly protected in the Equality Act. Trans people don’t need these rights because the rights that women have fought so hard for over decades (the right to single sex spaces, the right to refuse medical treatment by a man, the right to talk about their biology and anatomy in any context where it is relevant) are necessary because of the discrimination, oppression and abuse that women have endured for centuries. Abuse and oppression specific to the fact that they are born female in a male-dominated society. Abuse and oppression that women have never been able to identity out of, despite their supposedly enormous ‘cis privilege’.

The problem with men like Eric Joyce, and why his support of unisex spaces is relevant to the ‘trans rights’ discussion is because Eric Joyce, like lots and lots of other men, is a violent sex offender. The trans lobby wants to remove the current threshold for legal gender transition. At the moment the gender reassignment act requires a trans person to live as their preferred ‘gender’ for two years, and to have had gender reassignment surgery in order to be legally recognised as their preferred gender.

(For the moment, let’s leave to one side the question of what ‘gender’ even is, versus biological sex. Gender is essentially a bunch of sexist tropes and sterotypes defined by a patriarchal society and imposed on the different sexes. I do not identify as female. I am female because of my anatomy, but I never wear dresses or high heels. I rarely wear makeup. I do a ‘masculine’ job. If you take my biology out of the question, by all gender metrics I am overwhelmingly more male than female.)

If the standard for ‘who can transition into a woman’ stops being: ‘someone who has lived as a woman for two years and who has had gender reassignment surgery’ and instead becomes: ‘anyone who says they identify as one’, then at what point during that transition process does a violent male sexual offender like Eric Joyce, for example, stop being a threat to women and children?

Of course not all men...etc. But enough men. And it is overwhelmingly men. So, what are safeguarding and single sex spaces even for, if not to afford women protection from being exposed to potentially violent sexual predators?

And if it no longer becomes a requirement for a trans woman to even shave their beard, how are we to know whether the flat-chested male-looking person in eyeliner who’s pointlessly trying on bras in the next M&S cubicle is eyeing us up for the wank bank, or just one of the girls?

To even voice any of what I’ve written here is to be branded transphobic or a ‘terf’ (which is a misogynistic slur, by the way).

You bet that women who are concerned about the erosion of women’s rights and the protection of women and children are terrified by this judgment. Because men like Eric Joyce want access to our safe spaces. And on the one hand they are being given tacit assent by the legal system to just crack on with being a p*edo perv. And on the other hand, the woke brigade are cheering his support for unisex spaces.

I suggest, rather than opining that it’s ‘interesting’ there’s an overlap between women who are gender critical, and critics of Joyce’s sentence, why not wonder instead why men who like to wank to child sex abuse are advocates of unisex spaces. If you dig deeper into it, you’ll see there’s a massive overlap there too.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.