India Knight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That Julie B is definitely Julie Burchill, she spoke about it on FB today. Fair play to her. I find this absolutely shocking. I don't think IK will ever really recover from this though.

Reactions: 8
Here's the thing about JT - she used to post on a forum I was on years ago, it was all under usernames like here but she used to brag about various aspects of her life and was generally the big I Am so it became clear enough who she was. Anyway, a younger poster was going through a very difficult time (I think they eventually had some kind of mental breakdown/got sectioned) and would post on the rant thread about it. JT started a thread called 'Thread For [poster] To Moan' and kept saying how she was sick of them and if they wanted to kill themselves why didn't they just bleeping do it??

So she can duck off to the far side of duck. Makes my blood bleeping boil when she goes on about bullying trans rights activists or whatever bile she spunks onto the screen and rearranges to make a column.
Which forum was this? Is it available to read online still? I’ve always quite like Janice Turner so this is disappointing to read

Which forum was this? Is it available to read online still? I’ve always quite like Janice Turner so this is disappointing to read
It's not - this was all in the 2000s and then the forum got shut down and wiped off the internet due to someone threatening to sue for libel (it was connected to a broadsheet newspaper, and I doubt they wanted the hassle).

There is one reasonably prominent pseudonymous political Twitter account that was also a member at the time and has mentioned it on there. I preemptively blocked her on Twitter when I signed up, and there are very few people I actually block on there.

It's so strange, surely the times have looked at this problem, who the duck came up with the answer to just ignore the elephant in the room. If she gave her side, OK, but this is odd. Her twitter avi is also a bit... It's a child with its mouth open.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
It's so strange, surely the times have looked at this problem, who the duck came up with the answer to just ignore the elephant in the room. If she gave her side, OK, but this is odd. Her twitter avi is also a bit... It's a child with its mouth open.
94136E94-0431-4B7F-8C26-A0140B27B402.jpeg
yes horrible. Not cute.

Reactions: 4
No, there is a very clear and concerning pattern of women being no-platformed, dismissed, or hounded out of jobs for expressing gender critical views.

Why was Maya Forstater sacked?
Why was Rosa Freedman removed from the board?
Why was Julie Bindel no-platformed from speaking in Edinburgh?
Why is Allison Bailey having to crowdfund to sue Stonewall for campaigning to have her removed from her chambers?
Why is Raquel Rosario Sanchez crowdfunding to sue Bristol University for bullying and harassment?

The answer to those questions is because they are all gender critical. There’s nothing hyperbolic about that. It’s empirically true.

Or do you deny that?
You made an outrageous statement about lesbians losing their jobs *just* for not wanting to have sex with trans women with penises. You then provided screenshots showing nothing of the sort.
The claim was a gross exaggeration. That's it. Not sure of the relevance of the rest of what you have said to your original claim that I asked for sources for, which you have thus far been unable to provide.

ETA: I'm not going to back and forth anymore re this because I'm sure everyone's bored shitless by it.
Generally, I think people should be careful about what they say and share online so as not to add to the spread of misinformation. And hanging around in echo chambers online, becoming unaccustomed to having one's views challenged can result in becoming more and more removed from reality and losing perspective. That's true of gender critical activists, the right, the far left, QANON enthusiasts and loads of others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
You made an outrageous statement about lesbians losing their jobs *just* for not wanting to have sex with trans women with penises. You then provided screenshots showing nothing of the sort.
Yes, I don't know why this is so hard to grasp. A claim was made that couldn't be backed up, it's as simple as that. The surrounding arguments are absolutely irrelevant to your question and it's so disheartening to see the ways these discussions always seem to play out here, especially considering the lack of relevance to the thread.

Sorry to see people like @jennyeclair and @thatsnotmyage commenting in a friendly way in her timeline. But, at least a few other commenters have raised the subject.

Reactions: 2
I think her writing has got worse. Today's offerings are just hackneyed old crowd pleasing tripe. Go older women, yeah! Plastic grass is horrid!

I mean, no one can really argue with that. But god it's boring. Give me Julie Burchill or someone - anyone - with original thoughts instead.

Reactions: 11
I think her writing has got worse. Today's offerings are just hackneyed old crowd pleasing tripe. Go older women, yeah! Plastic grass is horrid!

I mean, no one can really argue with that. But god it's boring. Give me Julie Burchill or someone - anyone - with original thoughts instead.
The older woman angle a reliable load of tit to spout in usual times, odd to do it this week given it raises the issue of her partner not having the same views, with his horrendous interest in the extremely young.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Her articles are always so smug, around a vanishingly small set of subjects. Next week, what lipstick to wear while your partner searches for child rape films. Don't move to the country unless you can afford enough room for your fiance to have a room with a lock on the door for when he's drinking and wanking to babies being abused, you'll need good WiFi.
duck. Off.

• Angry
Reactions: 20
Am amazed at how delusional she is, not to mention he still has a Twitter account.

Perhaps he'll give an exclusive interview to the recently launched Times Radio.
Or maybe he'll release his statement.
I did think there may have been something in today's papers. From IK (who tweeted that she had much to say on the matter), him or more revelations from someone selling a story.
Perhaps Burchill's piece will prompt a response.

Reactions: 6
I’m sure the avatar is something to do with yodel deliveries and the customer service.

Ready to be wrong on that though.

Reactions: 3
Her profile pic is from a children’s book called My Big Shouting Day. It’s a great book (the illustrations of the poor harried mother really spoke to me 😄) but I’ve no idea why IK has latched onto it.

Reactions: 5
Her profile pic is from a children’s book called My Big Shouting Day. It’s a great book (the illustrations of the poor harried mother really spoke to me 😄) but I’ve no idea why IK has latched onto it.
It's not a good look now, no matter the reasons she first used it.

Reactions: 6
It's not - this was all in the 2000s and then the forum got shut down and wiped off the internet due to someone threatening to sue for libel (it was connected to a broadsheet newspaper, and I doubt they wanted the hassle).

There is one reasonably prominent pseudonymous political Twitter account that was also a member at the time and has mentioned it on there. I preemptively blocked her on Twitter when I signed up, and there are very few people I actually block on there.
Guardian Talk? I miss it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.