I'm a Celebrity get Me out of Here 2023 #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do all of the campmates know about Sam's diagnoses?
I imagine so... I can imagine him getting overwhelmed at times himself so I feel like he would have mentioned that to them in ways of explaining things... Would have been nice if they showed it cause a lot of viewers won't know that about him!
I adore him... I try and hide it but I just can't!!! 🤣🤣

Reactions: 10
After my 4 year old got diagnosed and we went through all the signs I started to think about myself and I am so sure I have it but at 30 what is the point of the diagnosis
There is every point. Trust me, a diagnosis has helped me so much

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't dislike Sam. Just would find his overfamiliarity grating. He seems to have no boundaries. Which can be endearing I know.
Are these part of his autism and ADHD? Genuinely curious as no idea.
Yes they are. Three out of my five children are dx with autism/adhd and another is awaiting assessment. They are all different but two in particular have no recognition of boundaries.

If I'm honest, I can see quite a bit of Sam in younger me too. The hyperness and the invading people's space in particular. Weirdly I'm not a hugger these days though. I enjoy his relentless happiness because I used to be like that but it's muted these days and the dips in mood that come with it are more prominent.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The problem with being on the 'Home' team is nobody was going to feel sorry for them. Especially after the gloating when they won the breakfast.
I wonder if Nella will shout 'I'm a celeb....' if there is someone else there - Sam?

Reactions: 4
After my 4 year old got diagnosed and we went through all the signs I started to think about myself and I am so sure I have it but at 30 what is the point of the diagnosis
To understand yourself better 🩷 it's has crossed my mind when keeping an eye on one of my children, some signs are there others are not but she is very similar to me.

• Heart
I can’t tell if Nella looks deflated at doing yet another trial or she’s deflated at doing a trial with Sam
I think her issue with Sam might well be that he’s another popular (she used to be apparently haha), loud young person so kind of fills her gap in the market? Sort of her competition. So she doesn’t want to share the screen with him/have him around taking half her attention.
---
To understand yourself better 🩷 it's has crossed my mind when keeping an eye on one of my children, some signs are there others are not but she is very similar to me.
There is a literal Neurodiversity thread for any further chat, as well as autism and ADHD ones ❤

Reactions: 7
There is every point. Trust me, a diagnosis has helped me so much
It just explains so much about my childhood and how I blurt every brain fart I ever have. People at work just laugh along but the only reason I would want diagnosis is because I work around people and get really socially drained and they would handle me better instead of me literally having a meltdown at work every Friday without fail

Reactions: 11
It just explains so much about my childhood and how I blurt every brain fart I ever have. People at work just laugh along but the only reason I would want diagnosis is because I work around people and get really socially drained and they would handle me better instead of me literally having a meltdown at work every Friday without fail
I struggled with work. And change. And I had alot of time off sick. But I wasn't 'sick' looking back I was just so drained with the fear of the unknown.

Reactions: 11
??? Many A listers do too, autistic people are everywhere and at every level of fame, what is your point?
I think it’s more that all Z listers currently claim to be adhd/autistic and use it for content as though it’s a trend - I’ll guarantee half of them have no actual diagnosis (not saying Sam is like this). It’s like they all claim to have depression & anxiety cos they are having a crap day…

I couldn't be around so many people. It would definitely cause me to meltdown.
---

Because its more known about now.
When I am in group situations I am usually drawn to one person and they are the one I spend time with. If I was in there I would probably just want to be around one camp mate all the time and feel lost if they are not there. I would really struggle if the group was split and they were in the opposite camp. I have never been good in big social groups

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I struggled with work. And change. And I had alot of time off sick. But I wasn't 'sick' looking back I was just so drained with the fear of the unknown.
Omg yes that fear for me it's not knowing where I'm going to be that day until I'm there. I hate it. I am chuffed as a pig in mud when they send me upstairs to do trolleys for 5 hours on my own

Reactions: 5
I always think when they do the whole "... It's not you" shtick that the celebs egos go into overdrive and they pull a face that says "I'm pretending I'm relieved that I've not been picked for the trial but God damn it, I'm a MAIN CHARACTER WHY AREN'T THEY PICKING MEEEEEEEEEEEEE???! "

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think her issue with Sam might well be that he’s another popular (she used to be apparently haha), loud young person so kind of fills her gap in the market? Sort of her competition. So she doesn’t want to share the screen with him/have him around taking half her attention.
I totally agree with your assessment of Nella re Sam. She thought she would be the young loud one. So has now changed tactics and started to moan about him being young and loud as it is stressing her.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think it’s more that all Z listers currently claim to be adhd/autistic and use it for content as though it’s a trend - I’ll guarantee half of them have no actual diagnosis (not saying Sam is like this). It’s like they all claim to have depression & anxiety cos they are having a crap day…
Precisely 👏

Reactions: 3
My point is some of them use it to stay relevant.
The anxiety one annoys me most. I'm diagnosed with social anxiety and I wish I could be lying about it because it kills me inside that I push people away yet I'm so lonely I have no friends

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I totally agree with your assessment of Nella re Sam. She thought she would be the young loud one. So has now changed tactics and started to moan about him being young and loud as it is stressing her.
And now I think she’s guessed she isn’t popular and Sam is which is why she wants to demonise him to her remaining fans and make out he’s annoying and upsets her. Quite crafty :)

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.