I'm a Celebrity get Me out of Here 2023 #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s nice seeing those that have maybe some understanding of ASD or just a bit of empathy and understanding interact with Sam, they actually smile at him with their eyes (Marc, Tony, Grace etc)
Fred isn't too bad either. He's direct "let me eat" without being snarky. It reminds me a bit of how I have to be with my eldest. I just have to say it even if it feels too blunt to me. He doesn't take it badly, just as a request.

Reactions: 26
Please don't say that! It is a very real condition. It takes a long time to go through the diagnosis process. I was 34 before I was diagnosed.
I know it’s a real condition, what I’m saying is all the Z listers seem to have it.

Reactions: 1
I was diagnosed at 26. I love that Sam is on the show, and love seeing other neurodivergent people in different shows. I’m not a fan of Sam’s excitability though personally! But love that he’s on it and that he’s himself!
I couldn't be around so many people. It would definitely cause me to meltdown.
---
I know it’s a real condition, what I’m saying is all the Z listers seem to have it.
Because its more known about now.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
But decided not to take medication after taking it during the programme …again IMO he needs to rethink this decision!
To be fair, from what was posted on here his mum at the very least didn't react very well to the news, especially the fact he's autistic. That may have factored into him making that decision.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Did I hear Marvin say you’re popular to Nella when she said why me? Or am I hearing things , doesn’t he know how the show works 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I don't dislike Sam. Just would find his overfamiliarity grating. He seems to have no boundaries. Which can be endearing I know.
Are these part of his autism and ADHD? Genuinely curious as no idea.

Reactions: 8
Fred isn't too bad either. He's direct "let me eat" without being snarky. It reminds me a bit of how I have to be with my eldest. I just have to say it even if it feels too blunt to me. He doesn't take it badly, just as a request.
Yeah and I think Sam would appreciate the blunt honesty, there was no eye rolling from Fred etc. I saw on X some people questioning whether they would come for Fred like they did for Nella but it was hardly a comparable interaction.

Reactions: 7
Did I hear Marvin say you’re popular to Nella when she said why me? Or am I hearing things , doesn’t he know how the show works 🤣
Perhaps if she didn't give up a few times already, whine constantly and give everyone an earful then the public would have been nicer.
Just hope she doesn't cave again spoiling it for everyone.

Reactions: 9
Think Nella will be screaming those famous 8 words during the trial 🤷🏼‍♀️ whether they've managed to get any stars or not🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Please don't say that! It is a very real condition. It takes a long time to go through the diagnosis process. I was 34 before I was diagnosed.
After my 4 year old got diagnosed and we went through all the signs I started to think about myself and I am so sure I have it but at 30 what is the point of the diagnosis

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I can’t tell if Nella looks deflated at doing yet another trial or she’s deflated at doing a trial with Sam

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I don't dislike Sam. Just would find his overfamiliarity grating. He seems to have no boundaries. Which can be endearing I know.
They probably go hand in hand. The lack of social cue picking up plus the ADHD would cause the overfamiliarity I guess?

I’ve worked with young people with ASD for over 10 years and I can hold my hands up and say that for certain behaviour aspects of the spectrum, I really struggled to manage it. One young person sprung to mind who took every word literally and i used to think he was taking the piss out of me.

Reactions: 6
Its definitely a trait of autism. He will find it hard to read peoples social interactions and cues. Adhd could leave him with low self esteem and therefore he seeks validation from others. Being rejected can be extremely hard for a neurodiverse person.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.