I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here 2022 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Black/mixed race Strictly winners

Alesha Dixon
Ore Oduba

Big Brother

Brian Belo

X Factor (some members in bands)

Alexandra Burke
Little Mix
Rak-Su

Is there less black winners than white? Yes. But only 3% of the UK is black so actually, the proportion of black winners is much higher in comparison. Stop making problems where there isn't any.
Leona Lewis won X Factor and JLS came 2nd in Alexandra’s year

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Alesha Dixon
Ore Oduba

Big Brother

Brian Belo

Alexandra Burke
Little Mix
Rak-Su

Is there less black people who have won than white? Yes. But only 3% of the UK is black so actually, the proportion of black winners is much higher in comparison. Stop making problems where there isn't any.

Also I didn't include winners with other ethnicities such as Nadia Almada.
The conversation was about being voted off first/early, not winners.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
So you think racism is rampant in British society because black women were voted out of a celebrity TV show?

Right.
Do I think that? Why are you telling me what I think when I haven't even said what I think?

It's odd how defensive certain people get whenever the subject comes up.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Saw Jill's fiance interviewed on Lorraine this morning. These non celebs need a bit of coaching, she was very flat and didn't come across great.
That makes it sound watchable for me 😆

Interviews and reality TV is terrible these days because it's full of media trained people 😴.

I'm not sure if Scarlette went to stage school, but she certainly had that air about her which doesn't help.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Imagine spending the time (several months at least) and money giving people's friends and family media training just so they look slightly less awkward on Lorraine 😂 They won't even be a memory in a couple of weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It's more likely that Scarlette was voted off because she doesn't have as big a following as the others. I'd never heard of her before.

She came across well though. Her voting off has absolutely nothing to do with her colour, and to suggest otherwise is absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: 28
Saw Jill's fiance interviewed on Lorraine this morning. These non celebs need a bit of coaching, she was very flat and didn't come across great.
Oh no. That's a shame. As flat as her flat whites, eh? ☕😆

It must be so weird and difficult to suddenly find yourself being interviewed on a popular national TV show, when you're basically just a 'normal' woman who isn't used to being in the spotlight and isn't media-savvy.

They should've got one of her footy mates on instead. The Lionesses are (for the most part) very articulate and able to show things in their best light. (Not that Jill needs any spin...she's great and hasn't really put a foot wrong!)

Reactions: 13

Alesha Dixon
Ore Oduba

Big Brother

Brian Belo

Alexandra Burke
Little Mix
Rak-Su

Is there less black people who have won than white? Yes. But only 3% of the UK is black so actually, the proportion of black winners is much higher in comparison. Stop making problems where there isn't any.

Also I didn't include winners with other ethnicities such as Nadia Almada. So even more balanced if you do.
Also Dalton Harris who won the final series
Andy Abraham who came second in series 1
Brenda Edwards came top 4 series 2

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This is like saying we have a prime minister of Indian descent, therefore Indian people don't face any discrimination in the UK.
Did I say that? I’m aware people face discrimination. I’m a poc. I don’t agree Charlene and Scarlette leaving was a race issue. Charlene’s annoying and Scarlette doesn’t have a fanbase.
I’ll leave it there because you’re just clutching at straws.

Reactions: 51
I wonder how many "coincidences" it takes for it to keep happening again and again in reality shows before people will say hmm maybe there's something going on here.
That sounds so patronising to black or other non white races that we should just vote to save them because of their race, rather than judging on their own merits. It is not racism to dislike people's behaviour no matter what race they are.
Charlene showed herself to be selfish, fine if she doesn't want to share the RV but to then expect other people to suffer uncomfortable sleeping arrangements because of her choice is wrong. I would have felt the same if this had been any member of the camp no matter their race, age, or sexuality.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Did I say that? I’m aware people face discrimination. I’m a poc. I don’t agree Charlene and Scarlette leaving was a race issue. Charlene’s annoying and Scarlette doesn’t have a fanbase.
I’ll leave it there because you’re just clutching at straws.
I didn't say you did say that, I said that what you said was like the thing I said, which it was.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
It's more likely that Scarlette was voted off because she doesn't have as big a following as the others. I'd never heard of her before.

She came across well though. Her voting off has absolutely nothing to do with her colour, and to suggest otherwise is absolutely ridiculous.
Agree, I really liked her but I'd never heard of her. She did so well with the trial getting the blocks on the plank i thought she would be in until the end.

Im not enjoying this year's show, still cannot believe an MP and former health sec is in there, and i think the camp mates are so cowardly to say "Im going to speak as I find, he's nice to us in here and that's good enough for me" they need to grow a back bone, I bet they all slagged him off in real life during the pandemic, he's absolutely taking them all for mugs.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.