Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her hair is looking nice atm i imagine she'll be iff to ruin it at a hairdressers soon though.

She would look great in some colour. Red!

Reactions: 7
Her hair is looking nice atm i imagine she'll be iff to ruin it at a hairdressers soon though.

She would look great in some colour. Red!
Or pink, yellow tones, greyish blue, deep green - so many colours would work for her more than beige ever will. 😉😆

Reactions: 4
73D82E57-66B6-43DF-ADA6-1072192F1FDA.jpeg

this is the Alix I miss 💔 I completely understand that you can change styles & prefer other looks as we get older & mature, but she’s so far removed from these days where she seemed generally a bit more relaxed & not trying too hard. I used to really love her style, it was relatable & didnt cost the earth and were things that people ACTUALLY wore day to day.
Unfortunately this beige BB copycat london try hard image has made me finally unsubscribe, it’s too boring & just doesn’t feel authentic in the slightest.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Her style throughout 2018 up until lets say autumn 2019 was my favourite, she just had that little bit of a flavour about the way she dressed. And now... in that coat video she says that all of them are oversized, but tbh all coats look just average. It must be a shame when you buy something oversized, but it actually looks your size...🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 5
View attachment 352756

this is the Alix I miss 💔 I completely understand that you can change styles & prefer other looks as we get older & mature, but she’s so far removed from these days where she seemed generally a bit more relaxed & not trying too hard. I used to really love her style, it was relatable & didnt cost the earth and were things that people ACTUALLY wore day to day.
Unfortunately this beige BB copycat london try hard image has made me finally unsubscribe, it’s too boring & just doesn’t feel authentic in the slightest.
Her boyfriend Joe seems very serious. I wonder if he has anything with Alix being more somber. She's definitely struggling with something behind the lens. Although yesterday's vlogmas was more like the old Alix....a bit more relaxed and actually smiled a few times! She was not polished/perfect.

Reactions: 9
View attachment 352756

Even the photos look brighter (although that filter was annoying too 😂).

Reactions: 3
Agreed! I get neutrals are a thing but I remember Alix would look stunning the times she'd buy a striking red or green dress or something. She was looking great when she was feeling herself a while ago, maybe when she first started dating Joe?
Hope she finds her mojo again, even if that's outside of social media.

Agreed! I get neutrals are a thing but I remember Alix would look stunning the times she'd buy a striking red or green dress or something. She was looking great when she was feeling herself a while ago, maybe when she first started dating Joe?
Hope she finds her mojo again, even if that's outside of social media.
I think her peak was that date night get ready with me vlog and the red dress she wore.

Reactions: 9
I hope she is okay given her stories yesterday re vlogmas and I assume feelings on Tier 4 in London. Where I live we are coming out of it after months of lockdown, so I get it’s really hard, but frankly not surprising. Surely as a content creator this year, you would have thought to have stuff prepped for videos, or accept that you need to take a break at this time.

I hope she is okay given her stories yesterday re vlogmas and I assume feelings on Tier 4 in London. Where I live we are coming out of it after months of lockdown, so I get it’s really hard, but frankly not surprising. Surely as a content creator this year, you would have thought to have stuff prepped for videos, or accept that you need to take a break at this time.
What did she say?

Reactions: 1
What did she say?
she put up an Instagram story saying she’d been staring at her vlogging camera for over an hour but “just couldn’t find the words” and then said she doesn’t think there’ll be any more vlogmas from her because of the news.
I do feel for her, she’s tier 4 and i think her brother is in tier 4 which could potentially mean her dad is on his own at Christmas (which must be a horrible feeling & brings even more sadness about her mum not being here 💔)

• Sad
Reactions: 11
she put up an Instagram story saying she’d been staring at her vlogging camera for over an hour but “just couldn’t find the words” and then said she doesn’t think there’ll be any more vlogmas from her because of the news.
I do feel for her, she’s tier 4 and i think her brother is in tier 4 which could potentially mean her dad is on his own at Christmas (which must be a horrible feeling & brings even more sadness about her mum not being here 💔)
if her dad is alone he can bubble with her or her brother so he doesn’t have to be alone.

it must still be hard for them all having only lost her mum A short while ago and holidays are always hardest. I do feel for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
if her dad is alone he can bubble with her or her brother so he doesn’t have to be alone.

it must still be hard for them all having only lost her mum A short while ago and holidays are always hardest. I do feel for her.
her dad isn’t in tier 4 though. I thought tier 4 basically meant no one in or out?

her dad isn’t in tier 4 though. I thought tier 4 basically meant no one in or out?
Single person bubbles are still allowed in tier 4 with whatever tier the other person is in 😊

people are very confused over this, thinking it isn’t allowed or that your bubble must be on your door step for it to be legal.

Single person bubbles are still allowed in tier 4 with whatever tier the other person is in 😊

people are very confused over this, thinking it isn’t allowed or that your bubble must be on your door step for it to be legal.
Yes, people are very confused. I've heard people saying they can't mix because of tier 4. Everyone can bubble up and be with people at Christmas.

Reactions: 1

I feel for her too. Her boyfriend posted a story the other day about mental health and that if you are dealing with it there is help out there from family, friends, your doctor. I hope all is okay.

Reactions: 7
I don't want to sound insensitive (I too know people who struggle with depression and anxiety), but maybe this is a good moment to just retire from YouTube for good. It will save us all the trouble and sh*tty content. Also let's face it, companies look for people who deliver good strong consistent content because they have to make money, and she's not it. She needs to really take care of herself, not pop up in 2 months being like oh it's been a long time🙄

Reactions: 16
I don't want to sound insensitive (I too know people who struggle with depression and anxiety), but maybe this is a good moment to just retire from YouTube for good. It will save us all the trouble and sh*tty content. Also let's face it, companies look for people who deliver good strong consistent content because they have to make money, and she's not it. She needs to really take care of herself, not pop up in 2 months being like oh it's been a long time🙄
I agree that she needs to look after herself and I truly hope she finds a way to cope and eventually thrive. I don’t think this job will help her get there.

I was watching her videos from years ago and I loved her content then and while I appreciate people change and naturally mature, she is so far from who she used to be. Even the videos when she was single and clearly struggling after the death of her mum, she had this endearing and honest approach to it all. I do really feel for her because I feel sad catching a snippet of her new videos so I can’t imagine what mental space she’s in when she’s making them!

Reactions: 8
I agree to this comment exactly. THIS IS LITERALLY what I wanted to say, but you have framed it perfectly :)
I work as a Software engineer, and I bet money guys, if I was struggling everyday the way she is, my ass would be fired long back. Professional and personal life are two different things. I have heard her say multiple times that she feels extremely privileged to be able to just drop everything and comeback whenever it feels good. The result of that is going to be people moving on.
Better yet, she will be mentally and physically in a good place to officially take a break and decide to come back beyond these tough times.

Reactions: 6
I agree to this comment exactly. THIS IS LITERALLY what I wanted to say, but you have framed it perfectly :)
I work as a Software engineer, and I bet money guys, if I was struggling everyday the way she is, my ass would be fired long back. Professional and personal life are two different things. I have heard her say multiple times that she feels extremely privileged to be able to just drop everything and comeback whenever it feels good. The result of that is going to be people moving on.
Better yet, she will be mentally and physically in a good place to officially take a break and decide to come back beyond these tough times.
Yep that's it😏 also as important as her mental health is, the time she has to take to really deeply analyse what kind of QUALITY content she would want to deliver if any is quite crucial (personal health comes first of course). Almost everything she posted this past year was a waste of time tbh. Personally I think she should seek joy and fulfillment elsewhere, not YouTube or social media, but it's of course up to her when she is truly up for it✌

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.