Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry for the double post but I just flicked through the coat video, she talks a lot about her silhouette but did she not look at how unflattering those jeans are and where they cut her off when she’s wearing those long coats? 😩 It’s the flare and then man boots with the coats that sit somewhere in between the two 😂

Again with the super tight around the waist jeans too - when they gather, stretch and crease like that they are too tight! She is the last person I would ever take style advice from.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sorry for the double post but I just flicked through the coat video, she talks a lot about her silhouette but did she not look at how unflattering those jeans are and where they cut her off when she’s wearing those long coats? 😩 It’s the flare and then man boots with the coats that sit somewhere in between the two 😂

Again with the super tight around the waist jeans too - when they gather, stretch and crease like that they are too tight! She is the last person I would ever take style advice from.
Her style has really gone downhill over the last 12 months or so. It’s hard admitting to yourself that what you used to wear doesn’t fit you, or you need to change sizes in certain brands, but her jeans just would not be comfortable to wear all day!

Reactions: 5
Well, I’m speechless. What a boring vlog and what the hell has happened to her? The trousers are obviously too small and is emphasised by tucking the the god damn jumper in!! 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 10

are the jeans meant to end there or are they just too short in the leg for her? 😂 she looked ridiculous.

Also, who needs that many wool coats? I have a black wool coat, a waterproof and a denim jacket for warmer days. All the ones she has seem to serve the same purpose.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
What I don't get with this over-decorating with books/candles/bits and pieces is that no surface remains functional! I have a bit of decoration on my coffee table (candle, small succulent, a tray to 'cluster' it together) but the rest of the space I like to have for my drink, snacks when watching a movie or a takeaway. Sometimes I sit there with my laptop. I might spill a drink and it would be a shame if it went all over an expensive coffee table book because in the end there was 5cm of space for things on the edge.

I also find it strange how they have their dining table in front of the fireplace..under the TV. I don't remember when they moved it (don't watch her vids anymore) but I think it looks cluttered and unnecessary given that they do have space for a separate dining area. I get the feeling that all they do is sit on that couch and stare at tv.. or then sit at the dining table and watch tv...
It's because they've pushed the couch against the wall so it faces outward. If they moved the couch to the middle of the room and turned it toward the wall, with the TV either mounted or on a stand, it would separate the room out better and it not look so weird. It's an old flat so maybe they had to do it this way because of the walls (in that case, just swap the couch with the dinner table) or an outlet issue (same solve as before). But agreed, weird furniture arrangement.

Reactions: 8
My thought while watching the new coat video was literally why is she showing me the same coat in different colours over and over again😅 I used to think she was such a stunner, but these days she tends to look like a big blob of cream with a pin sized head on top... and what is the deal with those jeans?? She put on weight that's fine, but huge wide leg light coloured jeans are not going to flatter that fact🙄🙄also I suspect that recent gram photo in a cream suit is quite an old one... our she really "worked" her angles😉🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The coat vlog was terminally dull, also do not understand the point of spending loads on a coat if it’s not perfect?

Reactions: 7
Just whizzed through her newest vlog..🥱 really Alix, another pair of fugly clunky stompy shoes? Why?? Also vlogging about eating a brie baguette🙄

Reactions: 4
I also remember there were people here saying that she shouldn't have to dress to please and she doesn't have to do it to make herself look smaller. I agree with that, however if she really enjoyed this more masculine (in fact shapeless and ugly) style she has now I feel she would dressed like that before. I bet you if she did not put on weight, that beige oversized mess never would have happened 🤔

Reactions: 9
Full disclaimer I love Alix but I was so annoyed when she said she likes to by cheap versions of things before investing in the higher end versions of them...I know she never claimed to be a sustainability guru but jesus does she generate alot of waste. I don't even understand how she can fit all her clothes into her apartment.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Full disclaimer I love Alix but I was so annoyed when she said she likes to by cheap versions of things before investing in the higher end versions of them...I know she never claimed to be a sustainability guru but jesus does she generate alot of waste. I don't even understand how she can fit all her clothes into her apartment.
Problem with Alix is that it doesn't matter if she had only fast fashion, sustainable brands or a mix, it would still be massive amounts of clothes and accessories while she wears the same two pairs of wide leg cream jeans and tiny cropped cardigans that make her look like a milk maid (not in a cute way). She just keeps buying six different versions of the same bloody thing, she can't just have one pair of black stompy shoes, she's on her 3rd or 4th pair atm🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I used to watch Alix from the time she and hello October did a collab with Fleurdeforce. She really caught my eye more than that stupid suzie. I was really impressed with how much knowledge she had about the brands be it beauty or fashion back then. I thought she had great potential to actually become really successful in her field. But omg I have never seen a downward slope (in terms of her job) like this. I feel for her. She lives in London for God’s sake and she could b doing so much more with her life there. She is just so blah now.

Reactions: 16
I follow her from 2016, in fact she was the first youtuber I started following, because, I use to look like her (with respect to the shape of my body) and that time there were not those many influencers with such good styling, beauty content as her who looked like her.
I liked how simple her life was, she use to INDULGE in 1 product in months and would be talking about it so particularly, how she stayed close to her family, meeting them once a week, her cute dog (who is still really cute) , and the real creativity she brought to her channel by taking genuine efforts.
I think with course of time, she just kept losing interest in this field of mindless shopping and making money, but she just kept at it, thinking she will gain following.
But now, I truly feel like she is moved on from these self indulgent youtubers and influencers or whatever the duck we want to call them.
Its clear that she is struggling to find her foot because, she does not want to try harder or enough.
Her bank account probably saw a huge dip this year with all the CREAM shopping she has done, and did not earn enough.
I think thats the only reason she is doing Vlogmas this year. She is not 1% interested in being in front of the camera and knows and understands well that nothing happening is going on in her life, and she is living the same beige life in repeat mode.
I began by feeling sorry for her. But I genuinely think, she has moved on from this life, but is too lazy to move around and do something more creative or be prepared to put in the hard work.
She mentioned in todays insta story that she is editing her video, which makes me believe she and her brother dont work together anymore, probably she was not making enough profits to feed his family and hers.
She needs to either re-invent her channel or move on like Hannah and just leave the internet space.
If she continues creating content she really does not want to, things will keep getting worse for her mental health.

Reactions: 15
I follow her from 2016, in fact she was the first youtuber I started following, because, I use to look like her (with respect to the shape of my body) and that time there were not those many influencers with such good styling, beauty content as her who looked like her.
I liked how simple her life was, she use to INDULGE in 1 product in months and would be talking about it so particularly, how she stayed close to her family, meeting them once a week, her cute dog (who is still really cute) , and the real creativity she brought to her channel by taking genuine efforts.
I think with course of time, she just kept losing interest in this field of mindless shopping and making money, but she just kept at it, thinking she will gain following.
But now, I truly feel like she is moved on from these self indulgent youtubers and influencers or whatever the duck we want to call them.
Its clear that she is struggling to find her foot because, she does not want to try harder or enough.
Her bank account probably saw a huge dip this year with all the CREAM shopping she has done, and did not earn enough.
I think thats the only reason she is doing Vlogmas this year. She is not 1% interested in being in front of the camera and knows and understands well that nothing happening is going on in her life, and she is living the same beige life in repeat mode.
I began by feeling sorry for her. But I genuinely think, she has moved on from this life, but is too lazy to move around and do something more creative or be prepared to put in the hard work.
She mentioned in todays insta story that she is editing her video, which makes me believe she and her brother dont work together anymore, probably she was not making enough profits to feed his family and hers.
She needs to either re-invent her channel or move on like Hannah and just leave the internet space.
If she continues creating content she really does not want to, things will keep getting worse for her mental health.
I agree with you, I think she’s mentally checked out of creating content. Which is a shame because I do think she has a nice style of her own buried underneath the BB copycat style she has now. She’s created some lovely makeup looks in the past for example.

Interesting that you mention you think she lost interest in the mindless shopping. I feel content creation / Instagram has become more competitive and I’m not surprised some OG creators aren’t into this. Sam and Nic Chapman have this week stepped away from social media, saying they don’t agree with the constant selling. Content creation seems to = selling these days.

I still like Alix. I think she still has a USP in that she is an OG YouTuber and a genuinely nice person. But Alix is clearly a perfectionist and perhaps she struggles with how competitive and oversaturated the “influencer” market is these days. The pressure to stay on trend and stay relevant must be tough.

Reactions: 13
Yeah, this pretty much sums Alix up atm. She struggles with accepting her weight gain, even though she carries it well. There is no need to try and hide under those "tents" at the same time kind of emphasising your size by wearing bland light coloured outfits. There is nothing wrong in wearing whatever one pleases however there is also nothing wrong in dressing in a flattering way, and she could do more with what she has. She tries to live a certain lifestyle, but also sell it as an influencer or whatever and frankly she should take care of her image a lot more.

Yeah, this pretty much sums Alix up atm. She struggles with accepting her weight gain, even though she carries it well. There is no need to try and hide under those "tents" at the same time kind of emphasising your size by wearing bland light coloured outfits. There is nothing wrong in wearing whatever one pleases however there is also nothing wrong in dressing in a flattering way, and she could do more with what she has. She tries to live a certain lifestyle, but also sell it as an influencer or whatever and frankly she should take care of her image a lot more.
Also, need to put it out there - in her latest insta post she looks a whole lot better, freshly washed healthy hair and a jumper colour which could almost be considered bluish (meaning: actual colour) if you squint a lot. Just goes to show she just needs a little tweak and effort, because she's naturally pretty.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.