Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep that's itšŸ˜ also as important as her mental health is, the time she has to take to really deeply analyse what kind of QUALITY content she would want to deliver if any is quite crucial (personal health comes first of course). Almost everything she posted this past year was a waste of time tbh. Personally I think she should seek joy and fulfillment elsewhere, not YouTube or social media, but it's of course up to her when she is truly up for itāœŒ
Totally agree. Probably 10 of her videos from this year have got over 100k views, but lots are nowhere near that.
Hauls, DIY (so pointless in a rental!) and decluttering seem to be what the audience wants though, so if she makes enough from AL and adverts, then I think she will keep going.

She certainly hasnā€™t had a proper paid partnership with a brand for awhile - totally missed Missoma for Black Friday etc

Reactions: 2
I have watched Alix off and on and I do like her content and thought some of her pandemic content earlier was actually interesting and I always would go back and watch it but now I don't watch her as much. I don't know if she ever went to see a therapist after her mom died but she definitely would benefit from seeing one because after my dad died I knew I was struggling mentally and needed the help, so I was fortunate that I could reach out to my employers assistance program and was able to see someone and it helped me tremendously. I am about to reach out to them again because I have been struggling during the pandemic too, I hope she gets the help she needs because it's not a fun feeling and it's just rough to go through.

Reactions: 8
She
I agree to this comment exactly. THIS IS LITERALLY what I wanted to say, but you have framed it perfectly :)
I work as a Software engineer, and I bet money guys, if I was struggling everyday the way she is, my ass would be fired long back. Professional and personal life are two different things. I have heard her say multiple times that she feels extremely privileged to be able to just drop everything and comeback whenever it feels good. The result of that is going to be people moving on.
Better yet, she will be mentally and physically in a good place to officially take a break and decide to come back beyond these tough times.
She Won't leave though, it's easy, easy money, and even more crucially easy hours. Many (most?) people stay in jobs they would rather leave because of the money. However everything people have posted about seeing a therapist (because she can afford it) sounds like good advice. It's really reassuring to learn companies are providing that as an option now.

Also little appreciation for Joe for sticking with her, she followed him to London after only a couple of months and he's been there constantly, he agreed to move in just the two of them so he has no supportive mates about, had no social life outside alix (seemingly a lit of meals out/takeaways and antique shopping not a 20 somethings idea if crazy fun) and his gf is struggling with depression. That is hard, really hard and he's (seemingly) been there throughout. He probably thought he was signing up for a fun new gf the first year of hot dates etc. He hasn't walked away, unlike Darren.

Reactions: 7
I remember someone finding out that their flat costs something like Ā£2500 a month but it was assumed that Joe earns quite a lot so money wouldnā€™t be a concern for either of them. I still think her lack of content / work is down to mental health and sheā€™s not sure how to work her way out or where to go career wise. On the other hand, if the financial pressure isnā€™t there, I wonder if sheā€™s settling in to being Joeā€™s girlfriend as her priority and that suits them both fine? I only say that as she has always been quite dependant on her partners.

She began vlogmas on the 14th and then by the 18th was done. I appreciate the harsher restrictions affected everyone and for those already struggling it was another blow but I donā€™t think it would have taken much for her to step away from producing content again. Again, I hope she can find a way to be ok and wish her all the best but think she should step away and move onto something more suited to her, whatever that may be.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She began vlogmas on the 14th and then by the 18th was done. I appreciate the harsher restrictions affected everyone and for those already struggling it was another blow but I donā€™t think it would have taken much for her to step away from producing content again. Again, I hope she can find a way to be ok and wish her all the best but think she should step away and move onto something more suited to her, whatever that may be.
iā€™m glad you said this as I was having the same thoughts. Iā€™m sure she is finding things hard and the tier 4 news must have been hard when she was already clearly struggling, but I do think this was (for her) a great excuse to stop filming vlogmas which she obviously wasnā€™t invested in anyway.

also, I donā€™t want to say her mental health issues arenā€™t valid, but Iā€™m really struggling to see how tier 4/lockdown is any different to her usual life anyway pre covid. All she ever did was spend time with Joe & walk her dog, other than she canā€™t go to the local coffee shop I really donā€™t see how her life has changed at all (obviously not being able to see family at Christmas is a whole other ball game though)

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
iā€™m glad you said this as I was having the same thoughts. Iā€™m sure she is finding things hard and the tier 4 news must have been hard when she was already clearly struggling, but I do think this was (for her) a great excuse to stop filming vlogmas which she obviously wasnā€™t invested in anyway.

also, I donā€™t want to say her mental health issues arenā€™t valid, but Iā€™m really struggling to see how tier 4/lockdown is any different to her usual life anyway pre covid. All she ever did was spend time with Joe & walk her dog, other than she canā€™t go to the local coffee shop I really donā€™t see how her life has changed at all (obviously not being able to see family at Christmas is a whole other ball game though)
When you donā€™t do a lot in your day to day life, going to the coffee shop is probably a big part of your day. The reason to leave the house because you donā€™t have any other real reason to do so. Itā€™s all an effort when your mood is low. Yes, she didnā€™t seem to do much out and about before Tier 4 but the choice to be able to do something is now gone. Itā€™s almost like she now isnā€™t in the house by her own choice but because she has no other option. Perhaps. I might also be projecting slightly as I found myself aimless like this when I was out of work after uni and it sucked.

I loved her content. I was watching some vlogs from 2016/2017, even 2018, and she had such a different energy. She actually made an effort to bring a nice content, even though it was unrealistc to a lot of people, including me. She used to travel, go to events... She seems so sad now, she's definetely struggling. I feel bad for her, because she could be doing so much on her channel. I loved the editing, the aesthetic, her clothes were nice... it seems to me that youtube doesn't make sense for her anymore. I know 2020 was the worst, but she's been unwell for quite sometime.
I think she's not dealing very well with her body image after putting on some weight... I've been through this and the extra pounds really brought me down. I hope she gets better and finds herself again, even if it means working on something else.

English is not my first language, so sorry if I made any mistakes šŸ™‚.

Reactions: 9
Aja sticking her nose into other people's business yET AGAIN. The comment about her "looking around her small London flat" is so grossly priviledged. She lives in London. LONDON. and she has the nerve to imply someone else shouldn't have taken a job if they didn't like everything about the contract. Thats not how the real world works. <Most of us can't turn down money like that. What has this got to do with her anyway??? She also posted about cancel culture, what a bleeping hypocrite. She orchestrates pile-ons against people every single week.

This whole mess is stupid and it appears to be a lot of fuss about very little.

Reactions: 2
Aja sticking her nose into other people's business yET AGAIN. The comment about her "looking around her small London flat" is so grossly priviledged. She lives in London. LONDON. and she has the nerve to imply someone else shouldn't have taken a job if they didn't like everything about the contract. Thats not how the real world works. <Most of us can't turn down money like that. What has this got to do with her anyway??? She also posted about cancel culture, what a bleeping hypocrite. She orchestrates pile-ons against people every single week.

This whole mess is stupid and it appears to be a lot of fuss about very little.
is this about Alix or someone else? I canā€™t find what youā€™re referring to?

Reactions: 17
She looked much more like her old self in her New Year's Eve pics, lovely to see her wearing colour & bold makeup again.

She looked much more like her old self in her New Year's Eve pics, lovely to see her wearing colour & bold makeup again.
Agree! Loved the green eyeshadow. I always thought she was really great at makeup and had a good innate sense of style when she's not trying to copy others.

I lurk her thread and insta, and I thought she looked so pretty last night! Not seen it recently until yesterday, couldn't believe how good she looked when I stalked her profile back a couple of years. So encouraging, she seems a sweet girl

Reactions: 9
Agree! Loved the green eyeshadow. I always thought she was really great at makeup and had a good innate sense of style when she's not trying to copy others.
Yes!!! She looked happy on instagram last night. Her holiday makeup is usually really nice. I hope she does a makeup video.

Reactions: 7
Canā€™t wait for the ā€œ50 products I used to get this glowy no makeup makeup lookā€ tutorial

It did look nice but wtf were the poses and that dress šŸ¤¢

• Haha
Canā€™t wait for the ā€œ50 products I used to get this glowy no makeup makeup lookā€ tutorial

It did look nice but wtf were the poses and that dress šŸ¤¢
They look like the kind of wonky slightly out of focus photos my mum used to take of my early birthday parties back in the 80ā€™s! - dress included! šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm sorry I wil be a wee bit harsh, but I don't buy it. If she is happy good for her. Yet to me she looked like she had a few bottles of bubbly topped up with acid... ugly dress wasn't oversized anymore too, now it just fits and makes her look even biggeršŸ™„ at this point I'm only waiting for her to be "back" yet again with a plethora of affiliate links to boost her budget. Sorry Alix, I'm not buying your sudden happiness, although I'm glad you're with someone you can lean on.

Reactions: 4
Without giving away specifics, which area of London is Alix in? Does she have a good park or Common nearby? Getting out there as much as possible during Tier 4 might help - for the fresh air and space etc.

Reactions: 1
Without giving away specifics, which area of London is Alix in? Does she have a good park or Common nearby? Getting out there as much as possible during Tier 4 might help - for the fresh air and space etc.
Near Alexandra park. She used to show going to the park in vlogs.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.