Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Grey stockings and beige ornaments. Sooooo cheerful....
Do you think there is a personality under all the stylised beige aesthetic?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Grey stockings and beige ornaments. Sooooo cheerful....
Do you think there is a personality under all the stylised beige aesthetic?
The one time to bring a little colour into your home is Christmas but no, not Alix!! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I can’t believe she’s not capitalising on income from vlogmas. I don’t think she can show up now and claim to really be taking part so that’s a bit of a write off for 2020. I do think she struggles with her mental health and that impacts her upload schedule, content etc so I genuinely hope she is doing ok if that’s the reason. A friend of mine who has mental ill health explained it as the less you do, the less you want to do and *I’m not diagnosing Alix* but I get that impression from her at times

Reactions: 13
yes i would agree, the less you do the more difficult it is to start something and also the less you do the more tired you are! i definitely get that vibe from her. has she ever mentioned therapy? i think she would benefit greatly from it and i do wish her all the best

Reactions: 8
I can’t believe she’s not capitalising on income from vlogmas. I don’t think she can show up now and claim to really be taking part so that’s a bit of a write off for 2020. I do think she struggles with her mental health and that impacts her upload schedule, content etc so I genuinely hope she is doing ok if that’s the reason. A friend of mine who has mental ill health explained it as the less you do, the less you want to do and *I’m not diagnosing Alix* but I get that impression from her at times
Thanks for writing this down! I’ve never been able to put into words the feeling that is “the less you do, the less you want to do.” 🤯🤯🤯

Reactions: 9
Thanks for writing this down! I’ve never been able to put into words the feeling that is “the less you do, the less you want to do.” 🤯🤯🤯
No worries, it resonated with me too and made me understand others a lot better!

Reactions: 3
I’m not too bothered by her everything being all beige all the time. If she likes it and it brings her joy, more power to her. I work in design so I’m used to seeing COLOURS!! all day long. And I would find it very overstimulating to then have colours all over my house. So I decorate only in a neutral colour palette. I find it soothing and calming for my mind. Just my 2c :)

Reactions: 3
yes i would agree, the less you do the more difficult it is to start something and also the less you do the more tired you are! i definitely get that vibe from her. has she ever mentioned therapy? i think she would benefit greatly from it and i do wish her all the best
In one of her videos she mentioned that she gets anxious. If a video does not look 'right' she won't post it even though she understands that her viewers would rather get an imperfect video rather than nothing at all. And she did note that she talked to someone about it but did not go into details.

Reactions: 4
In one of her videos she mentioned that she gets anxious. If a video does not look 'right' she won't post it even though she understands that her viewers would rather get an imperfect video rather than nothing at all. And she did note that she talked to someone about it but did not go into details.
I’ve discovered, thanks to lockdown and WFH, that I procrastinate turning in some work that doesn’t have strict deadlines because I want it to be perfect before I do so. I think it’s risk aversion to criticism, but I have other responsibilities that I get done no problem. If your job gives you as much anxiety as it seems to give Alix, maybe you’re in the wrong one?

I’ve discovered, thanks to lockdown and WFH, that I procrastinate turning in some work that doesn’t have strict deadlines because I want it to be perfect before I do so. I think it’s risk aversion to criticism, but I have other responsibilities that I get done no problem. If your job gives you as much anxiety as it seems to give Alix, maybe you’re in the wrong one?
I cannot recall the name, but this like the Classic A-star student syndrome. They procrastinate and keep delaying the work because they are aiming for perfection and they're afraid of criticism. You want everything to be 'perfect' and nothing is ever going to be perfect, so you end up waiting and waiting.

Whereas the B student will submit the imperfect work (duck it and do it) and fine tune from there. That is why sometimes at work, those who are least academically smart performed better than those who aren't. I am waffling....

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I cannot recall the name, but this like the Classic A-star student syndrome. They procrastinate and keep delaying the work because they are aiming for perfection and they're afraid of criticism. You want everything to be 'perfect' and nothing is ever going to be perfect, so you end up waiting and waiting.

Whereas the B student will submit the imperfect work (duck it and do it) and fine tune from there. That is why sometimes at work, those who are least academically smart performed better than those who aren't. I am waffling....
Nah, you’re right!

I think being at home and knowing your boss isn’t looking over your shoulder has made it worse too...also, we had layoffs in April, so I constantly feel like I somehow dodged a bullet, but it’s coming to get me eventually.

ANYWAY 🤣

Reactions: 5
the only difference is that her videos are far from perfect unless the only objective of them is for everything to be beige 😂

• Haha
I’m no cook, but Alix’s food doesn’t look very appetising. Unless she has some sort of grey filter going on! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤢

I now realise it’s a black & white filter. Time I got some sleep! 😴 💤
That’s really bizarre as then the next picture in the story was in colour!
If there’s ‘nothing else to report’ or nothing else going on, then she’s really a bit clueless about her ‘job’ as a content creator. There’s so many things she could be making content about 🙄

That’s such an interesting analogy! I never thought of this before and now you have me questioning my entire life 🤣🤣

It does seem like it could fit Alix.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m no cook, but Alix’s food doesn’t look very appetising. Unless she has some sort of grey filter going on! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤢

I now realise it’s a black & white filter. Time I got some sleep! 😴 💤
I don't understand why Instagrammers have started applying such a dark filter to things. It's not artsy, it just looks tit. Alix is particularly bad at it – sometimes you can't even see what the video/picture is of.

Reactions: 12
I don't understand why Instagrammers have started applying such a dark filter to things. It's not artsy, it just looks tit. Alix is particularly bad at it – sometimes you can't even see what the video/picture is of.
its sooo depressing, I immediately unfollow if someone uses a dark filter. Things are gloomy enough as it is, don’t need my feed all dark and gloomy too.

wish Instagram had a dislike button!

Don’t get the cream suit when you’re in lockdown - has she gotten married? 😆
And another beige trench. Groundbreaking.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.