Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she probably bought the biggest straight size and sizing up means she would have to go to plus size section. they are all very fatphobic.
I think Alix got the Peloton because she’s in denial about her size. She probably thinks that now that she has this fancy and expensive piece of equipment, she will miraculously lose all the weight she’s gained in the last year. She’s buying her normal size and doing the weird broken doll hand, hand on hip, and strange standing positions to hide her weight gain.

Reactions: 9
I think this might be the most unflattering outfit I’ve ever seen her in. What is it with her and Anna and these hideous white/cream calf length flapping jeans?! 🙈🙈
Omg her body looks so uncomfortable in then jeans?!?

Reactions: 5
I think people should wear whatever makes them happy and if she likes super baggy sweaters or sweatsuits then cool but I think Alix would look so good in like well cut and tailored pieces. She has a great figure but she doesn't do it justice with these tacky on trend fast fashion pieces.

Reactions: 6
I think people should wear whatever makes them happy and if she likes super baggy sweaters or sweatsuits then cool but I think Alix would look so good in like well cut and tailored pieces. She has a great figure but she doesn't do it justice with these tacky on trend fast fashion pieces.
Funnily, she buys the wrong size so things aren’t even oversized. I’m the same - wear what you want, but when it’s super obvious you’re uncomfortable, maybe size up or try something else.

Funnily, she buys the wrong size so things aren’t even oversized. I’m the same - wear what you want, but when it’s super obvious you’re uncomfortable, maybe size up or try something else.
Totally - those white jeans and a few other pieces will clearly be uncomfortable. We all know size labels are a crock, especially between brands, so no shame in wearing what fits!

Reactions: 5
in general i don't like telling people what to wear and what not to wear but she 1. seems uncomfortable and 2. seems to want to be a smaller size, so really she shouldn't be putting outfits like that together.. maybe stick to black instead of beige haha

Reactions: 3
I'm going to be honest on the body image issue.

One thing I always admired about Alix was that she made fashion videos, while being more voluptuous than the average YouTuber, without any focus on her size, weight or diet. She appeared completely relaxed and body-neutral about it.

When she lost weight, my perspective changed when I saw how quickly she began to declutter her bigger clothes. It indicated that she wanted to maintain her new body, despite it being a reflection of her grief and anxiety. I understand why this happens of course, but I can't help feeling slightly sad about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm going to be honest on the body image issue.

One thing I always admired about Alix was that she made fashion videos, while being more voluptuous than the average YouTuber, without any focus on her size, weight or diet. She appeared completely relaxed and body-neutral about it.

When she lost weight, my perspective changed when I saw how quickly she began to declutter her bigger clothes. It indicated that she wanted to maintain her new body, despite it being a reflection of her grief and anxiety. I understand why this happens of course, but I can't help feeling slightly sad about it.
I completely agree with you, but society is so fatphobic that people always rush to compliment/congratulate people (especially women) on their weight loss, regardless of the cause of said weight loss. It would be difficult not to be affected/influenced by that kind of reaction, I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I completely agree with you, but society is so fatphobic that people always rush to compliment/congratulate people (especially women) on their weight loss, regardless of the cause of said weight loss. It would be difficult not to be affected/influenced by that kind of reaction, I think.
I agree with you both but I have to say I had to lose quite a bit of weight due to health issues and I much prefer being slimmer, I look better and most importantly I’m much healthier.

Reactions: 3
I think she's put on a little weight and is refusing to accept it. Helen Anderson does the same and constantly buys clothing in 2 sizes too small and squeezes into them. She does videos of 'size 14 try ons' and none of them fit and she blames it on the shop's sizing. I think Alix is going down the same route and is trying to convince herself she's a smaller size than she is. It's true that shop sizes are very inconsistent and many people struggle with that but I don't think she's half as body positive/confident as she pretends to be. I hope she feels more comfortable with her body at any size or shape. I don't enjoy her content anymore but it's still sad to see.

I agree with you both but I have to say I had to lose quite a bit of weight due to health issues and I much prefer being slimmer, I look better and most importantly I’m much healthier.
That's great for you but Alix made it clear she lost a load of weight because her mental health was terrible after losing her mother. Losing lots of weight doesn't automatically make you healthier especially if your mental health suffers, which Alix said it did. It's toxic to promote the idea that being thin means you're healthier when that's not true.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That's great for you but Alix made it clear she lost a load of weight because her mental health was terrible after losing her mother. Losing lots of weight doesn't automatically make you healthier especially if your mental health suffers, which Alix said it did. It's toxic to promote the idea that being thin means you're healthier when that's not true.
I’m not saying being thin automatically makes you healthier. I am saying losing some weight can have a huge impact on many health conditions and your risk of developing very serious illness. I wouldn’t wish my disease on anyone and if I could turn back the clock 20 years and lose a couple of stone in my 30s I would.

Reactions: 10
I finally unsubscribed to her Yt channel. Can’t even be bothered playing her video as background noise lol

Reactions: 12
Wondering if Alix will do Vlogmas this year?
Doubt it. She only reappeared recently to shill for Black Friday. If she does vlog in reality what will that even consist of? Dog walks and coffee runs? 🙄

Doubt it. She only reappeared recently to shill for Black Friday. If she does vlog in reality what will that even consist of? Dog walks and coffee runs? 🙄
Yep - and has disappeared again, as predicted.

I still can't get over how awful that knit with the ties at the sides is. She looks so uncomfortable and awkward in it in her latest Instagram post (I know it's from over a week ago, but still).

Reactions: 6
Jesus, just looking at that pampas grass Christmas tree she posted on her stories makes my eyes itch, my nose run and my throat close up.

Allergies.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.