Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From my experience this isn’t necessarily true, my mum passed away a few years back and also had a very normal middle of the road job & wasn’t a higher earner. Although we didn’t get any money from a savings account or house sale, we did get a lump sum from a death in service benefit & life insurance policies - so although she might not have got hundreds of thousands, she could have got a very decent chunk & could be something she could easily be dipping into every now & again (which I really hope she isn’t 😩🤞🏼)
Not sure how it works in England, but there could also have been some medical malpractice suit that ended in a lot of money for the family.

Reactions: 1
Once again I think people just continue to underestimate just how much even a mid tier Instagram influencer can earn from one basic post, let alone a campaign or multiple ads for multiple big name brands over the years. Add to that your affiliate links, etc., AND the fact that Alix has been in this for a long time and had a relatively successful YT channel as a guru at the height of its popularity which would have earned her bags of money. So yeah, she can afford rent in London lol especially with her boyfriend contributing half of it.

I’ll say it again— they earn obscene amounts from ONE post alone.

This is a common theme in almost every thread over the years I’ve read from YTers to Influencers, guessing at what the secret stash of money it is that they must have, trying to work out how they can afford to live where they do, etc. Guys... there’s a common denominator here and it’s the industry. It pays you buckets of money and once you’ve earned a spot/audience, you don’t have to even work consistently.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Once again I think people just continue to underestimate just how much even a mid tier Instagram influencer can earn from one basic post, let alone a campaign or multiple ads for multiple big name brands over the years. Add to that your affiliate links, etc., AND the fact that Alix has been in this for a long time and had a relatively successful YT channel as a guru at the height of its popularity which would have earned her bags of money. So yeah, she can afford rent in London lol especially with her boyfriend contributing half of it.

This is a common theme in almost every thread over the years I’ve read from YTers to Influencers, guessing at what the secret stash of money it is that they must have, trying to work out how they can afford to live where they do, etc. Guys... there’s a common denominator here and it’s the industry. It pays you buckets of money and once you’ve earned a spot/audience, you don’t have to even work consistently.
Just goes to show...money doesn’t buy happiness then. I think she’s lonely. Wealthy maybe but sad!

Reactions: 5
From my experience this isn’t necessarily true, my mum passed away a few years back and also had a very normal middle of the road job & wasn’t a higher earner. Although we didn’t get any money from a savings account or house sale, we did get a lump sum from a death in service benefit & life insurance policies - so although she might not have got hundreds of thousands, she could have got a very decent chunk & could be something she could easily be dipping into every now & again (which I really hope she isn’t 😩🤞🏼)
Sorry to hear about your mum 💜

Just goes to show...money doesn’t buy happiness then. I think she’s lonely. Wealthy maybe but sad!
Yes, she has material comforts, a nice home, a very easy well paid job with flexible hours and a bf who she seems super into who comitted to her early on. She is one that could benefit from some therpy and mind work. Her depression is palpable and doesn't make me want to watch her vids, not that i think there are many. I only look at her insta occasionally and don't even follow anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Was going to say similar. These guys are getting paid more than we think, £1,000s per post sometimes, plus aff links, YouTube ads income, she gets a lot of things gifted, it adds up. Also I don't think it's our business whether she has inheritance and how she chooses to spend it. To each their own. She's entitled to do what she wants with it.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Its true that they get paid more than the average viewer realizes. You only have to look at their business accounts to verify that. The thing is with Alix is her accounts are so very very low it doesn't appear she is even near what one of her peers makes. It is incredibly odd. She barely even works with brands, especially this year. She does get a lot of free stuff and uses affiliate links though. I assume she saved up some money before she incorporated in 2017 and is living off that, her boyfriend's income, and occasional ADs.

Reactions: 8
Furlough pay? Someone
Said on another thread they (influences cpul be getting 8k or up to 8k everytime they apply
That's not right. Furlough pay is capped at £2500 per month, and only based on what goes through PAYE i.e. the wage you're paid (or in Alix's case the wage you're paying yourself) as an employee. A lot of people that have their own limited company will pay themselves the bare minimum as an "employee" so that they are still making NI contributions but paying as little as they can get away with. Then they'll have the rest of their earnings as dividends, which they don't pay NI on.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
As someone who works in influencer marketing, for "microinfluencers" the general rule of thumb I've used, and others I know use, is max. £100 per 1,000 followers. Obviously not a hard and fast rule - engagement will either swing it much less or much lower. For anyone with like 25k+ followers its more a case by case basis. Most I've ever paid for £5k for a 3 posts & a story from someone with 400k odd followers.

Alix has 188k followers, so like 2 #ads in a month could easily get her much more than I make in 2-3 months 😂

• Wow
She seems to disclose her ADs and has two instagram posts labeled this year, abercrombie and desenio. Also Everlane on YT and IG.

Reactions: 5
Was going to say similar. These guys are getting paid more than we think, £1,000s per post sometimes, plus aff links, YouTube ads income, she gets a lot of things gifted, it adds up. Also I don't think it's our business whether she has inheritance and how she chooses to spend it. To each their own. She's entitled to do what she wants with it.
I don’t think anyone’s disputing her right to spend her money how she chooses; I think people are surprised and speculating given her lack of output/work that she can afford it!
But given influencers get ridiculous amounts of cash, maybe it’s not so surprising that someone who does the bare minimum can still make bank

Reactions: 14
She seems to disclose her ADs and has two instagram posts labeled this year, abercrombie and desenio. Also Everlane on YT and IG.
I’ve found Alix to be very transparent about her ads/gifts/paid partnerships compared to some others I follow!

Reactions: 7
How to style loungeware - I mean, you put it on, done. I guess I'm too simplistic here.
Jesus. What the duck was that video? How to style sweatpants and sweatshirts. Maybe the human race does deserve extinction.

ETA: no wonder all these influencers have anxiety. I would too if my income depended on me talking so much about how to pair my sweatpants and sweatshirts with coats to go outside. duck me.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
i'm just now watching the loungewear video and i don't get it. the puffer coat in the second outfit is obviously too small. there is no way the zipper can be done up. and the white jumper in the fourth outfit, she says she sized up 2 sizes!! the jumper only goes up to size Large! she is a comfortable size Large to X-Large! what on earth is she talking about.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.