Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe she’s got savings from when she was more successful?! Either that or we are really underestimating how much she makes from even the few ads she does...

Reactions: 8
Wow. I have so many thoughts 😂
Firstly, that book haul was a joke. She was talking like she reads allll the time, when actually we know full well she doesn’t. She also said at the start of this year she wasn’t going to buy any new books & instead go for the ones on her shelf, so a book haul is rather laughable at this point.

Secondly, good on her being able to afford a peloton. But sharing it on social media on the first day of lockdown/first day a lot of people are being put back on furlough or just straight off losing their jobs is SO TONE DEAF. I’m cringing. How can she not think about these things?!

Reactions: 12
HAHA JK ITS JUST A HAUL 😂
I actually left a spicy comment because her attempt at booktubing was so painfully boring and inarticulate!! Stay in your lane girl.

Also when she explained right off the bat that because she is a visual person she needs to be able to connect a book to something visual -- I thought she was going to talk about picking books based on their covers but actually she meant that she's more likely to read books that have movie/tv adaptations 😂 😂 😂 or else it's just too abstract for her. What...??! That's the point of reading!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Also when she explained right off the bat that because she is a visual person she needs to be able to connect a book to something visual -- I thought she was going to talk about picking books based on their covers but actually she meant that she's more likely to read books that have movie/tv adaptations 😂 😂 😂 or else it's just too abstract for her. What...??! That's the point of reading!!
this bit of her video really confused me as she’s said many times (including in this video!) that she ‘just HAS’ to read the book before seeing the film/tv version. But that doesn’t make sense based on the visual comment she made?! Or am I misunderstanding what she said?
I think she likes the idea of being a reader & doing content about books but can’t quite execute it

I really wonder whether she’s using a lot of the money her mum left her. I don’t like to think that’s what she’s doing but she very well could, or being doing peleton via monthly payments where it’s £56 which for some people is less than their gym memberships, she must either get paid tit loads for these sponsored posts, make loads through affiliate links or have another job! It seems impossible that she’s making enough money off YouTube videos alone (off just the Adsense)

Reactions: 6
I wouldn’t take book advice from someone who chose to display their books with the spines inward to create an aesthetically~ pleasing bookcase:rolleyes:
I really like how the black text pops against the off white pages. Is it off white? Light beige? Dark white? Oatly cream? Also, you can’t swipe up to turn the page. And this one is my favourite book because it fits into my handbag and I can take it to a coffee shop for photos.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’d just come here to say that! That bike is like £1200!!! Casually just bought one when she makes no content? How is she funding herself
Also, I don't want to sound like a negative Nancy, but she's hardly renowned for sticking at things. I bet after a few months it'll be sitting unloved in a corner somewhere. What a waste of money.

Reactions: 15
Unless you’re super motivated, 99% of the time a spin bike or big equipment at home just turns into a dumping ground...and I say that as someone who just sold their spin bike after paying to move it across the country two years ago and using it probably once in that two years 😂😂
Lots of money to spend though - I’m guessing inheritance or earlier theory she owned where she used to live and sold when moved to London.
The book club thing is pretty odd, i guess she’s trying to diversify, but does seem disingenuous given her comments.

Reactions: 5
Sadly I think she probably got inheritance from her mom dying so that's probably why she lives in a way that appears out of her budget.......

Reactions: 4
Sadly I think she probably got inheritance from her mom dying so that's probably why she lives in a way that appears out of her budget.......
If she is using an inheritance to find her current lifestyle, I’d be quite sad about that. Even if you’ve got some money tucked away, I feel it’s better to live within your means. When it’s gone, it’s gone.

If she is using inheritance to find her current lifestyle, I’d be quite sad about that. Even if you’ve got some money tucked away, I feel it’s better to live within your means. When it’s gone, it’s gone.
Ses also pending a lot of money on their rented flat, probably burning thru her money form the house sale.

It angers me a bit, she could have brought a small house/ nice flat just like Lucy Wood did, and I don't think Lucy had the same fortune of having a big YT following and an inheritance.

I have absolutely no chance of buying something, I lucked out with getting a job but the prices were I live are so bad that the banks are not allowed to borrow the amount of money I need for a studio apartment. Student debt and an ok pay are no enough, that why I can't believe that shes just throwing money away. London is a lot worse than Oslo, prices are just increasing so if she does not curve her spending and something happens like a breakup shes risking the chance of becoming homeless or stuck in that flat by herself.

Reactions: 9
It angers me a bit, she could have brought a small house/ nice flat just like Lucy Wood did, and I don't think Lucy had the same fortune of having a big YT following and an inheritance.
Lucy’s house was 500k+ though 😳😳😳😳 extortionate for what it is!

Reactions: 1
Does Joe work in London? I'm sure they could've easily bought outside of London and he could commute, even though I know the rail prices are insane. She doesn't seem to do much in London aside from wandering to coffee shops and a Sunday roast which I'm sure you can get almost anywhere in the UK. If she does have have the money, be it income or inheritance, investing in a nice 2BR house out of the city would have been lovely and probably better for her anxiety and all that. I think she just liked the idea of being a 'London girl' pre-lockdown.

Reactions: 9
I’d just come here to say that! That bike is like £1200!!! Casually just bought one when she makes no content? How is she funding herself
Furlough pay? Someone
Said on another thread they (influences cpul be getting 8k or up to 8k everytime they apply)
Does Joe work in London? I'm sure they could've easily bought outside of London and he could commute, even though I know the rail prices are insane. She doesn't seem to do much in London aside from wandering to coffee shops and a Sunday roast which I'm sure you can get almost anywhere in the UK. If she does have have the money, be it income or inheritance, investing in a nice 2BR house out of the city would have been lovely and probably better for her anxiety and all that. I think she just liked the idea of being a 'London girl' pre-lockdown.
They had been dating less than 3 months when she fled to london to live with him as they she couldn't bear to be apart. Buying a property would have been even more crazy, but wouldn't have been totally surprised as she seems to have ditched everyone, even suzie october for joe (she did the same with Darren) having a bf with no mates or hobbies would be a nightmare so i don't know how or why joe does it. It's not attractive!

Regarding her possible inheritance. Her Mother was just a regular lady with a regular job or part time job, and most of her money would probably have been spent in basic living expenses when she was going through her treatment and unable to work, so i don't think there was much of an inheritance for alix and her brother. Her folks are not high earners, they are just normal hard workers being underpaid for their time - as most people sadly are.

If i were joe i would not be happy being asked to move further out and have a long and expensive commute so my lazy gf could avoid working and earning more.

Commuting is the worst, it's like a hellish part time job in itself.

She could do a day volunteering somewhere in her community, or phoning a shielding person. She needs something to do that helps others as this will help her to be less depressed. She wouldn't even need to leave the flat if she did the phoning thing.

Last edited:
Regarding her possible inheritance. Her Mother was just a regular lady with a regular job or part time job, and most of her money would probably have been spent in basic living expenses when she was going through her treatment and unable to work, so i don't think there was much of an inheritance for alix and her brother. Her folks are not high earners, they are just normal hard workers being underpaid for their time - as most people sadly are.
From my experience this isn’t necessarily true, my mum passed away a few years back and also had a very normal middle of the road job & wasn’t a higher earner. Although we didn’t get any money from a savings account or house sale, we did get a lump sum from a death in service benefit & life insurance policies - so although she might not have got hundreds of thousands, she could have got a very decent chunk & could be something she could easily be dipping into every now & again (which I really hope she isn’t 😩🤞🏼)

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.