Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh, that collared shirt is certainly a ‘look’....
I know ‘flattering’ is such a loaded word, and like others here, I do commend her for trying different silhouettes and shapes, but this cottage core vibe doesn’t suit her.
Also, the last dinner out, last spin class thing is really annoying for someone with stated health anxiety, who cracked it earlier in the year when people weren’t social distancing in a park when she was walking her dog!

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Collard shirt... collard...

2989670C-37E3-4485-AEA9-EFC001C2BE7E.jpeg

Sorry, just dying at this image in my head 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She’s got those Anna Edit type clips at the front of her head too. Why do they think this is a look?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Those hairclips are such an instagram trend. I don't hate them, but I do not like them doubled up like she has on slicked back hair. I wear one if my hair is out sometimes.

I also kind of love those big collars on shirts. That said, I'm not sure it suits her? The batwing sleeves of the sweater don't work I think. Though as someone said I commend her for trying stuff out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Those hairclips are such an instagram trend. I don't hate them, but I do not like them doubled up like she has on slicked back hair. I wear one if my hair is out sometimes.

I also kind of love those big collars on shirts. That said, I'm not sure it suits her? The batwing sleeves of the sweater don't work I think. Though as someone said I commend her for trying stuff out.
I think it’s because the jumper is beige/cream and the shirt is white. Maybe if the jumper was a different colour it would look better and less bland. It’s quite a big collar though so I don’t love the look on her.

Slicked back hair and two clips just seems excessive!

Reactions: 6
I think it’s because the jumper is beige/cream and the shirt is white. Maybe if the jumper was a different colour it would look better and less bland. It’s quite a big collar though so I don’t love the look on her.

Slicked back hair and two clips just seems excessive!
To me, the collar is just a tad out of proportion. Almost fancy dress like. I like the fashion but I think you have to be careful. Then again, what do I know! 🤣🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
To me, the collar is just a tad out of proportion. Almost fancy dress like. I like the fashion but I think you have to be careful. Then again, what do I know! 🤣🤷🏻‍♀️
You’re being polite - it’s massive 😂 Maybe if her hair was down it wouldn’t seem so in your face because it would be partially covered.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She needs to stop slicking her hair back in that weird mid-head ponytail. It makes her hair look soooo thin. And then the clips AND the collar?! LOL NOPE.

Reactions: 10
She isn't looking well at all atm the puffy face, sallow skin and small eyes paored with the greasy hair.
She is money worry free, living with a man claims to be in love with and her cute dog. All the time in the world to spend together and she looks like death warmed up.

Wtf is going on.

Alix, share with your audience.

Reactions: 11
Havent followed her videos in ages. Has she gained back some of the weight she lost a while ago?

Reactions: 1
she looked cute in her latest video. i love the huge collar trend and actually my personal style is very similar to alix's. however i feel like there is something missing in her execution of these trendy styles.

also, why is everyone and their mother reading rebecca now? (rhetorical question, i know about the netflix movie with armie hammer and lily james) what i mean is, i've read the book as a part of my high school curriculum and that was 21 years ago. have they never heard of daphe du maurier? what is next jane eyre? have they ever read anything that is not contemporary and on amazon latest releases list?

Reactions: 8
she looked cute in her latest video. i love the huge collar trend and actually my personal style is very similar to alix's. however i feel like there is something missing in her execution of these trendy styles.
Yeah, I find this so recurring when it comes to bloggers/instagramers/influencers in general. They sort of wear everything that's trendy but aren't really able to incorporate it to their personal style/give it their personal twist. They just plonk it on because it's trendy and call it a day but end up looking as if they've put on a costume. This is specially obvious with statement pieces such as this collar, really puffy dresses, bows... There's a fine line between making it work and looking amazing or looking like a grown up that's wearing clothes meant for a 10 year old. And Alix always falls into this pattern.

Reactions: 10
Yeah, I find this so recurring when it comes to bloggers/instagramers/influencers in general. They sort of wear everything that's trendy but aren't really able to incorporate it to their personal style/give it their personal twist. They just plonk it on because it's trendy and call it a day but end up looking as if they've put on a costume. This is specially obvious with statement pieces such as this collar, really puffy dresses, bows... There's a fine line between making it work and looking amazing or looking like a grown up that's wearing clothes meant for a 10 year old. And Alix always falls into this pattern.
Totally - because they have to keep feeding the machine and getting new stuff in/following trends - whether it actually suits their lifestyle or own personal style or not.
I tend to follow/watch a lot of thrifters on YT and Insta as they have much more distinct personal styles. Or someone like Karen BritChick who incorporates trend led pieces, but makes them work much more naturally.

HAHA JK ITS JUST A HAUL 😂
that apparently lots of people had been asking for? riiiight. I love books, watch some booktube too. Alix is not who I am going to go to for book reccomendations...

Also amusing that browsing a bookstore and just picking up books that appeal to her is a new idea. Wild idea to not just read what's trendy.

• Haha
that apparently lots of people had been asking for? riiiight. I love books, watch some booktube too. Alix is not who I am going to go to for book reccomendations...

Also amusing that browsing a bookstore and just picking up books that appeal to her is a new idea. Wild idea to not just read what's trendy.
I wouldn’t take book advice from someone who chose to display their books with the spines inward to create an aesthetically~ pleasing bookcase:rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She is sooo boring I couldn’t watch her video for 5 min. I’m just going to be honest. Clothes are not fitting her well, make up and the hair is not great. I used to love watching her videos but oh dear me she became soooo dull its unreal :(

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.