Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@dogcatdog I appreciate your side by side comparisons so much! lol

She even painted the walls in exactly the same wall colour - Farrow & Ball Treron. Yikes. I think at one point earlier in this thread I commended Alix for making trends her own. I retract that comment. Other influencers must roll their eyes at her so hard! Being influenced is one thing. Straight up mirroring is another.

Also, surely if Alix gets interesting enough to warrant a second thread it should be titled "Icopythee"
When Lily and Anna have copied Alix they always credit her but little do they know she’s ripped someone else completely off first! They’re all merging into one super annoying beige influencer now. Zero originality.

Reactions: 11
Also, surely if Alix gets interesting enough to warrant a second thread it should be titled "Icopythee"
I’m in stitches 🤣 It’s perfect.

I have nothing against her wearing/designing/doing whatever makes her happy. Clearly beige life is that. (Snore... but to each her own.)
Where I take offense is that this is her “job”... you can’t just go around copying people and calling it your idea. That’s not how jobs work...

Honestly,I’m so over all these lazy influencers who have no idea how the real world operates and have zero accountability and think they’re gods gift to the internet.

(This is not so much aimed at her, just general musings when I happen to be here anyway as opposed to my usual haunt over in Josie’s thread 🙈)

Reactions: 7
I wasn't familiar with rhe orher influencers either aside from lizzy h and Emma hill, so i will check them out. Alix has so much potential as she is (was) so likeable. She went to Scotland largely because her bf is a scott so that could have been a great angle. I remember her brother wa in a band so maybe this is his main priority now, his editing was good. Everything is so depressing with her content now. No colour, no smiles and no joy.

I will forever be baffled as to why whe wasted so much time and money in that rented flat. Dies her landlord love or dislike her for it?

I’m in stitches 🤣 It’s perfect.

I have nothing against her wearing/designing/doing whatever makes her happy. Clearly beige life is that. (Snore... but to each her own.)
Where I take offense is that this is her “job”... you can’t just go around copying people and calling it your idea. That’s not how jobs work...

Honestly,I’m so over all these lazy influencers who have no idea how the real world operates and have zero accountability and think they’re gods gift to the internet.

(This is not so much aimed at her, just general musings when I happen to be here anyway as opposed to my usual haunt over in Josie’s thread 🙈)
Well if you do copy, you have to do it better!

Reactions: 4
And once again, disappeared for a week on YT and Insta. She will never get brands to really work with her when she’s so inconsistent!

Reactions: 5
Her last IG post was 9 days ago and only has 9 comments.

She must have another job.
She isn’t even on top of filing her company accounts and her company was nearly dissolved this year and last. I know it’s a weird thing to look at but it just shows how she either isn’t bothered, has something else going on or she just really isn’t in a good way?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I definitely think other job
I bet she’s a virtual PA or something? (But then wouldn’t she be better at filing her own accounts)

Reactions: 3
She isn’t even on top of filing her company accounts and her company was nearly dissolved this year and last. I know it’s a weird thing to look at but it just shows how she either isn’t bothered, has something else going on or she just really isn’t in a good way?
I remember when someone posted this before; I wonder if she does have MH issues, as if this is your only income, you wouldn’t stuff around with this type of compliance stuff.

Reactions: 2
I remember when someone posted this before; I wonder if she does have MH issues, as if this is your only income, you wouldn’t stuff around with this type of compliance stuff.
Maybe she hasn't earnt over the amount you have to pay tax on????

Reactions: 3
Maybe she hasn't earnt over the amount you have to pay tax on????
She might have done the same thing as Brogan, and gotten the redundancy/financial support during covid and it's speculated that Brogan could have gotten as much as 8 000 pounds (not sure if it is 8000 for the whole pandemic or for each time she did apply). Would not be shocked if more influences did the same thing.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
She went on another holiday apparently and that’s why she didn’t post for yet another week?!

• Wow
  • Angry
I was actually rather worried about her because she'd been gone for well over a week. I still am to be honest. Gone for all that time and then just shared a few pictures from a day trip to kent and asking 'what gives you hope?' Alix often talks about needing a break or a detox from social media and I wonder if she should just leave social media altogether. I wouldn't begrude her for it as it would probably do her the world of good. She's got skills she could use in a 'real world' job.

Reactions: 10
I was actually rather worried about her because she'd been gone for well over a week. I still am to be honest. Gone for all that time and then just shared a few pictures from a day trip to kent and asking 'what gives you hope?' Alix often talks about needing a break or a detox from social media and I wonder if she should just leave social media altogether. I wouldn't begrude her for it as it would probably do her the world of good. She's got skills she could use in a 'real world' job.
It’s a bit concerning. Also, probably not ideal to be travelling again given all the lockdowns and cases in the UK...

She just can’t cope with having to do lots of work for less money but she could easily still do YouTube as much as she is now! These influencers don’t realise how good they’ve got it!

Reactions: 8
It’s going to be interesting to see what happens over the next few years as the influencer bubble bursts. New, more youthful influencers must be coming up all the time, and unless the current batch can pivot/transition to different niches, like becoming Mummy bloggers, I think a lot of them are going to lose a fair bit of their audience and therefore income.

Reactions: 11
I agree, stepping away and doing a different job might give her more purpose and bit more of a routine, although it must be hard to give up the easy money from influencing. Despite the issues we talk about (even that time she insisted on changing her room in the brighton hotel, yikes!), I think most of us here are still rooting for her to some extent so I hope she's able to find happiness/stability.

Reactions: 6
She lives in London right? So she's in Tier 2, which means unnecessary travel is not advised unless it's for work, and emergency or unavoidable. She shouldn't be taking trips to Kent for fun where there's a pandemic. She's pretty quiet on social because she knows she'll get criticism.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.