Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loads of Instagrammers I follow are doing more ads recently.

Alix just drops one video once in a blue moon and then disappears for a week or more. Is she happy with her income on just one video?

Reactions: 4
I forgot she existed and tried to watch her dull AF video but fell asleep! Took a look at her insta and her BF, he looks 15 yrs older, he does indeed look like he has a fake nose & glasses on! And he wears way too tight bottoms creating a Mamel-toe!
C0401B1C-EEF7-42AF-9AD2-F91A367DE3C6.jpeg
AF28621E-06B4-490D-AA53-EEC9BA571904.jpeg
C60B44A0-816A-47E7-A4B1-3B64379E4221.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I forgot she existed and tried to watch her dull AF video but fell asleep! Took a look at her insta and her BF, he looks 15 yrs older, he does indeed look like he has a fake nose & glasses on! And he wears way too tight bottoms creating a Mamel-toe!
View attachment 273943View attachment 273944View attachment 273945
I've always thought his jeans looked too tight on him but that shot of him in the shorts is just...NO. If my guy walked around looking like that I'd have to say something. Or at least burn those shorts.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I genuinely really like Alix and I want to see her do well and succeed. I just wonder that if she uploads that sporadically, why not wait for opportunities to work with brands that align with what she claims are her values, ie veganism, slow fashion, and focus on that, with vlogs in between. I think it'd up her engagement and would help separate her from this enormous sea of identical ~influencers~ who promote horrible fast fashion and unethical unsustainable brands.

Reactions: 11
I genuinely really like Alix and I want to see her do well and succeed. I just wonder that if she uploads that sporadically, why not wait for opportunities to work with brands that align with what she claims are her values, ie veganism, slow fashion, and focus on that, with vlogs in between. I think it'd up her engagement and would help separate her from this enormous sea of identical ~influencers~ who promote horrible fast fashion and unethical unsustainable brands.
Agree - she doesn’t current exemplify any of those values in her current content, so it could turn into a niche for her, if she’s bothered!

Reactions: 5
I whizzed through the video because it was so boring. I like her but she seems to look more and more uncomfortable in front of the camera. She constantly looks away and hardly ever at us. She’s becoming irrelevant but maybe just to me? 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I made my self find an old vlog of Suzie’s featuring Alix.
alix truly is a different person. Full of life. Fun and the biggest smile. It was quite sad actually

Reactions: 7
I whizzed through the video because it was so boring. I like her but she seems to look more and more uncomfortable in front of the camera. She constantly looks away and hardly ever at us. She’s becoming irrelevant but maybe just to me? 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
She needs to give it up, but she’s utterly incapable of doing the bare minimum when it comes to posting a video and a couple of instagrams, there’s no way she’d cope with a real job

Reactions: 8
She needs to give it up, but she’s utterly incapable of doing the bare minimum when it comes to posting a video and a couple of instagrams, there’s no way she’d cope with a real job
If she gave it up as she can't cope then how wpuld she cope with a 9 - 5 plus commute and preparing for work out of those hours and all that for less money? ??

Joe shorts are just toght as he (they) have gained a lot of weight in the last year. Not healthy. He (they) look uncomfortable. Size up and say no to a second portion.

Reactions: 4
Hi, first time commenting here, but when I saw her latestest video I just couldn’t… the girl is like the talented Mr. Ripley! (oh so sorry my English is not great by the way 😔).

She's been channeling a mix of Lizzy-Lindsay-BB-Emma for a couple of years now but lately it has been just a bit too much. First with the shameless BB Scotland total rip off video, from the filter she used to record the trip, to what they did, to what she said and even what she wore, so odd, then on her latest video you can totally tell she has been watching Jessica Alizzi’s channel, having the same toast thing for breakfast as Jessica ALWAYS has and then recorded herself pouring ice coffee in Jessica’s style and she eveeeeeen made the same hand gesture when eating it 👌, so WEIRD.

Then talking about the same topic LIzzy-Lindsay did in their latest podcast, but I found so odd how she didn't make any reference to it at all, and that what I find problematic actually, she never does! She always acts like she just came up with those ideas, or she found items of clothing or trends or books, or everything really, on her own research, and not like she is totally stealing even the personality of the latest people she's been watching.

I don't know, to me it got to the point it is not normal at all, more because she doesn't even seem embarrassed by it (like when she mentions how creative she felt making that Scotland video😒 ). One thing is getting influenced and taking bits from her peers, and an other is what she does.

Last edited:
That is just cringe, I understand she is lost but now she just looks like a crazy stalker. Does her brother still work for her? He needs to have have a word and BB needs a restraining order against more than one influencer😟

Reactions: 12
If she gave it up as she can't cope then how wpuld she cope with a 9 - 5 plus commute and preparing for work out of those hours and all that for less money? ??

Joe shorts are just toght as he (they) have gained a lot of weight in the last year. Not healthy. He (they) look uncomfortable. Size up and say no to a second portion.
I think she needs routine! 🤷🏻‍♀️

That is just cringe, I understand she is lost but now she just looks like a crazy stalker. Does her brother still work for her? He needs to have have a word and BB needs a restraining order against more than one influencer😟
That is pretty embarrassing...there’s a difference in being ‘influenced’ yourself and copying...
I’ve not heard her mention her brother for ages, so I assumed Joe was photographer and she does all filming

Reactions: 8
or when Emma Hill was doing her renovations, so a month later Alix needed to do some too... in the same outfit :rolleyes:.

• Wow
  • Haha
Wow. I've not even heard of the other influencers mentioned... Let alone follow them. But christ, the similarities and outright copying is just BIZARRE 😳

or when Emma Hill was doing her renovations, so a month later Alix needed to do some too... in the same outfit :rolleyes:.

Wow, I’d not twigged the similarities to Emma Hill’s renos. Cringe cringe cringe!
Was Alix represented by Gleam at some point? I think I remember reading something on GG about it, but she got dropped.

@dogcatdog I appreciate your side by side comparisons so much! lol

She even painted the walls in exactly the same wall colour - Farrow & Ball Treron. Yikes. I think at one point earlier in this thread I commended Alix for making trends her own. I retract that comment. Other influencers must roll their eyes at her so hard! Being influenced is one thing. Straight up mirroring is another.

Also, surely if Alix gets interesting enough to warrant a second thread it should be titled "Icopythee"

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.