Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know if I get controlling vibes from him - but you never know, domestic violence can be well hidden, even when someone’s on social media all the time - but their relationship does seem odd. Perhaps he (and she) likes her co-dependency on him, but it’s much healthier to have outside interests, friends etc rather than everything being in a ‘couples bubble’

The BB copying is a bit laughable though....
I can’t edit my post, but I’m certainly not making light of domestic violence - in any form - with what I said above.

Reactions: 6
Why has she gone out for dinner dressed as a bin man?
Biker chic is was not! (Please read in the voice of Moira Rose!)

Have to say, her skin looks great at the moment. Just wish she had a bit more volume in her hair.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Wow I don’t see what you guys are seeing. I don’t know that we’ve seen enough of this guy to even make a basic assessment of his personality, let alone guess at something as serious as DV or even just to say he’s shady? Alix is definitely codependent but she’s also clearly depressed and anxious and has always had a hard time having friends before this relationship. I’m the first to point out toxic parts of a relationship or obviously to gossip about others but making vague speculations of abuse from literally nothing is crossing the line.

What we have seen, he actually seems nice and chill. I’ve always thought it was sweet that he makes a Mother’s Day card to Alix from her dog— cheesy yes but he is trying to make a tough day somehow positive for her. Just one thing but it’s thoughtful.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Wow I don’t see what you guys are seeing. I don’t know that we’ve seen enough of this guy to even make a basic assessment of his personality, let alone guess at something as serious as DV or even just to say he’s shady? Alix is definitely codependent but she’s also clearly depressed and anxious and has always had a hard time having friends before this relationship. I’m the first to point out toxic parts of a relationship or obviously to gossip about others but making vague speculations of abuse from literally nothing is crossing the line.

What we have seen, he actually seems nice and chill. I’ve always thought it was sweet that he makes a Mother’s Day card to Alix from her dog— cheesy yes but he is trying to make a tough day somehow positive for her. Just one thing but it’s thoughtful.
Seems like a totally normal slighty dour scottish guy to me too!!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11

I agree - and why I added my comment as I couldn’t edit my original post that referenced DV - I don’t get any vibes from him as we’ve hardly seen him, but I think she seems overly co-dependent

Alix is definitely codependent but she’s also clearly depressed and anxious and has always had a hard time having friends before this relationship.
Alix seems another one unable to make the distinction between been friendly and networking in her within her influencer network and being real friends. Suzi seemed to be a real friend and they went through a rough patch but why throw it away?

It is sad (but i guess sort of relatable) to see adults struggling with friendships.

So, she no longer follows suzi hello October but suzi still follows her, and alix has clearly been updating her follows regularly as she recently started following the new art business juniper moon. (More on that in the gabby lindley thread for any art lovers who are still unfamiliar with it)

I find mind boggling that these women make their boyfriends their whole world. They aren't married, but even if they were she still needs her own life, a few friends and a separate hobby (not shopping) to make sure if he left or anything happened to him she could carry on. It also ensures she stays interesting for him, nothing is so offputting as a clingy gf/bf with zero friends or interests besides you.

Reactions: 10
Alix is actually one my favorite Youtubers and I always look forward to her videos - they are very calming. She used to be so bubbly and carefree but obviously her mom's passing changed that. She seems very isolated and private now. I wish she shared a bit more.

I love BB & her vibe - she’s very art college cool girl & her choices are considered. But that doesn’t mean I want to see dozens of clones. It’s embarrassing. Does Alix et al think we don’t notice?
I always wonder about influencers blatantly copying each other. Do they think there isn't a significant crossover in their followers that we don't notice? And those that do notice will just think they're daft. Everyone is influenced by things they see regularly, so no doubt BB has picked up bits from others too, but Alix copies it to the tee!

Reactions: 5
I always wonder about influencers blatantly copying each other. Do they think there isn't a significant crossover in their followers that we don't notice? And those that do notice will just think they're daft. Everyone is influenced by things they see regularly, so no doubt BB has picked up bits from others too, but Alix copies it to the tee!
I think it’s quite interesting to think about... but also... it just makes sense to me. we’re in a time where this is their actual career, and so if they see that a particular thing is good for engagement by seeing it work for someone else doing the same job role as them then... they do it too for the sake of their career? In my job, if I see someone doing something that works better and is an improvement to what I’m doing, or gets a better response from our stakeholders than what I’m doing then I usually take inspiration and start incorporating that thing into my work because I strive to be better at my job.
It feels so weird to us because of the nature of influencers/instagram/social media but they’re literally just seeing what works and gets the best engagement and then doing that thing.

I don’t know if I get controlling vibes from him - but you never know, domestic violence can be well hidden, even when someone’s on social media all the time - but their relationship does seem odd. Perhaps he (and she) likes her co-dependency on him, but it’s much healthier to have outside interests, friends etc rather than everything being in a ‘couples bubble’

The BB copying is a bit laughable though....
She seemed to be like that with Darren too. Boyfriend bubble. He had work to escape to, seemed to find a girl he liked more and replaced alix with and she was lost without him, ended up leaning heavily on suzie who has now been dropped. Alix seems very all or nothing with any of her relationships.

It must be hard to be her every thing and to be made to feel guilty for having outside interests or other mates. Alix seems like a nice girl, or she did when in whistable (wasn't that where she lived?) Now it's all beige, black and white moody photos - even Moon looks depressed.

Yes, looking back on her insta, it’s about a year since she’s been putting a beige filter on photos, and just looks so drab.
The ‘copying’/inspired by thought above is interesting; I guess we do that in our work / life if we see something working for someone, but I guess it’s more obvious when you’re on social media so much and meant to be an ‘influencer’ yourself. I just don’t think this is the life for her, but I can’t see her doing anything else

Reactions: 2
She seemed to be like that with Darren too. Boyfriend bubble. He had work to escape to, seemed to find a girl he liked more and replaced alix with and she was lost without him, ended up leaning heavily on suzie who has now been dropped. Alix seems very all or nothing with any of her relationships.

It must be hard to be her every thing and to be made to feel guilty for having outside interests or other mates. Alix seems like a nice girl, or she did when in whistable (wasn't that where she lived?) Now it's all beige, black and white moody photos - even Moon looks depressed.
I thought she lived in Chichester or somewhere else in West Sussex before? I agree that she seems to rely heavily on a few people. Darren before, then Suzie and now her new guy. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing to have a few close friends. Some people have a wide circle of friends and some people are just close to a few others. But she does seem overly reliant on one person at a time.

The ‘copying’/inspired by thought above is interesting; I guess we do that in our work / life if we see something working for someone, but I guess it’s more obvious when you’re on social media so much and meant to be an ‘influencer’ yourself. I just don’t think this is the life for her, but I can’t see her doing anything else
I guess also it's one thing copying a certain outfit or item which is trending (such as vests right now, or doing the jumper over the shoulder thing as a scarf) so you might inspire your followers versus directly copying another influencers aesthetic and posting near identical travel content. Just wondering if Alix felt any shame while doing it lol

And she’s disappeared again....how are they making rent and keeping Moon in dog treats!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
And she’s disappeared again....how are they making rent and keeping Moon in dog treats!
Don’t worry, she’s back... she was just busy watching Gilmore girls all week apparently 🙄 comes back from holiday and takes a week off instagram i.e. her job?! Wow how relatable for those of us that work full time. Honestly no idea how she’s able to still make being an influencer her full time job. Or is she living off savings? Makes no sense to me.

Reactions: 13
Don’t worry, she’s back... she was just busy watching Gilmore girls all week apparently 🙄 comes back from holiday and takes a week off instagram i.e. her job?! Wow how relatable for those of us that work full time. Honestly no idea how she’s able to still make being an influencer her full time job. Or is she living off savings? Makes no sense to me.
Onlyfans?! Who knows!

• Haha
Yeah, I just don’t really get how you can be a self-employed/freelancer in the current environment and seemingly out so little in? Maybe she is living off savings, but personally if I was a ‘content creator’ I word work my arse off to cash in, whilst building some sustainable side huddle (consulting/styling/interiors whatever) so I’m prepared when the bubble bursts. There’s so much over saturation with reality stars etc on Insta and YT nowadays, that I really don’t think people like Alix - with a smaller audience and no obvious ‘niche’ - will make it beyond a few more years

Reactions: 9
honestly. this. these influencers can make BANK doing duck all... imagine how much they could make if they actually hustled. i would try to make as much $$$ as possible while it lasts.

Yeah, I just don’t really get how you can be a self-employed/freelancer in the current environment and seemingly out so little in? Maybe she is living off savings, but personally if I was a ‘content creator’ I word work my arse off to cash in, whilst building some sustainable side huddle (consulting/styling/interiors whatever) so I’m prepared when the bubble bursts. There’s so much over saturation with reality stars etc on Insta and YT nowadays, that I really don’t think people like Alix - with a smaller audience and no obvious ‘niche’ - will make it beyond a few more years

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.