Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair, I clearly recall her saying multiple times that she isn’t vegan and that she just follows a plant based diet? Ofc she talks about certain food and drink products being vegan and choosing vegan options which is maybe why people are confused.
Is she still plant based? I saw her recommending those Cadbury's Orange Buttons the other day on her feed.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I'm surprised her and joe have survived quarantine as a couple tbh
Tbh they seem well suited in the sense that they're happy to stay home, watch tv and eat lots of plant based junk and have wine. He seems to enable and accommodate this lifestyle.
I always thought it was strange though how she often pointedly says when he's watching football or rugby (or whatever other sports he watches?) - as if she's annoyed that he dare do something she doesn't enjoy and she has to entertain herself in a different way in the meantime. It's good for relationships to have different interests instead of being 100% the same. But I also feel like she's the kind of woman who'd bring her boyfriend along to every single social event even if he has no point in being there.

Reactions: 9
Tbh they seem well suited in the sense that they're happy to stay home, watch tv and eat lots of plant based junk and have wine. He seems to enable and accommodate this lifestyle.
I always thought it was strange though how she often pointedly says when he's watching football or rugby (or whatever other sports he watches?) - as if she's annoyed that he dare do something she doesn't enjoy and she has to entertain herself in a different way in the meantime. It's good for relationships to have different interests instead of being 100% the same. But I also feel like she's the kind of woman who'd bring her boyfriend along to every single social event even if he has no point in being there.
Before quarantine, she would always go to the pub with him and his friends to watch football. Let the guy have some space and enjoy sports with his friends.

Reactions: 5
I think sometimes in the beginning of relationships the couple is perfectly content to only be around each other lol, just staying in and living in your own little world and feeling like that’s all you need. They obviously fell in love quickly and got super obsessed with each other— or at least we know Alix did with him. Eventually though the honeymoon wears off and you need time on your own again. Or, the alternative, those toxic couples who continue to only ever be around each other and don’t grow independently.

And no it doesn’t look like Ali’s has many friends at all. Hopefully when COVID is over she pushes herself to get out and do things on her own and meet girls her age. I always think Influencers like her are lucky because they get all these built in social events labelled as ‘work’... constant fun PR events where you can meet all these girls in your industry and your city... when it can otherwise be hard to meet friends as an adult. And yet so many of them isolate themselves regardless.

I think sometimes in the beginning of relationships the couple is perfectly content to only be around each other lol, just staying in and living in your own little world and feeling like that’s all you need. They obviously fell in love quickly and got super obsessed with each other— or at least we know Alix did with him. Eventually though the honeymoon wears off and you need time on your own again. Or, the alternative, those toxic couples who continue to only ever be around each other and don’t grow independently.

And no it doesn’t look like Ali’s has many friends at all. Hopefully when COVID is over she pushes herself to get out and do things on her own and meet girls her age. I always think Influencers like her are lucky because they get all these built in social events labelled as ‘work’... constant fun PR events where you can meet all these girls in your industry and your city... when it can otherwise be hard to meet friends as an adult. And yet so many of them isolate themselves regardless.
Well yes and no in regards to the pr events. They are work events and the other women are work collegues for networking purposes. It may seem social, but it's not. I know making friends is hard especially for women, there is bumble friends, post uni groups in your city or social groups. It is hard, but more than you think are in the same boat!

Pr events are work though, blurring those lines is unwise. She was chummy with hello October's suzie who is now a bigger influencer and that will
No doubt effect her work opportunities.

I think I'd watch if she talked about making adult friendships and how to go about it.

If she makes joes her whole world she's in a dangerous position.

Reactions: 3

I think it’s because they all secretly hate each other and are competing with each other for the best PR, brand deal and vacations. The whole “women supporting women” rhetoric is complete and utter bullshit for these influencers.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else feel like she really puts this ‘posh’ accent and drawn out way of speaking on? I can’t remember where in the country she’s originally from but I feel like it’s so forced and exaggerated.

Also, who realises days after getting dressed and going out to then film an ‘outfit of the week’ video. So she went out loads apparently but then didn’t film them before popping out or in other locations but filmed them all on the same day standing in the same spot with the beige background telling us what she wore on x day last week? Sure 😂

Reactions: 7
I really don’t think she does go out and do things on a daily basis. We never see any evidence of her doing anything really other than going for coffee, hanging out with her bf and walking the dog. I was watching her week in outfits thinking why the hell would you spend over 600 pounds on a coat when you barely ever leave the house?! What is the point of her having so many new clothes all the time? Surely she must have a million pairs of jeans by now, I don’t get it. It’s so wasteful and greedy. Bad for the environment and bad for her bank balance too no doubt.

From what we see on social media she leads quite an empty life, no proper job (she doesn’t even treat YouTube like a job really), very few friends, no purpose besides hanging around with her bf. Maybe she tries to fill the hole with shopping - I think that is quite common. She likes to dress as though she has a professional career, fancy dinners out etc. but she has none of that. I also get the feeling she’s hanging on until she has a baby and she’ll disappear from social media forever.

Reactions: 13
I really don’t think she does go out and do things on a daily basis. We never see any evidence of her doing anything really other than going for coffee, hanging out with her bf and walking the dog. I was watching her week in outfits thinking why the hell would you spend over 600 pounds on a coat when you barely ever leave the house?! What is the point of her having so many new clothes all the time? Surely she must have a million pairs of jeans by now, I don’t get it. It’s so wasteful and greedy. Bad for the environment and bad for her bank balance too no doubt.

From what we see on social media she leads quite an empty life, no proper job (she doesn’t even treat YouTube like a job really), very few friends, no purpose besides hanging around with her bf. Maybe she tries to fill the hole with shopping - I think that is quite common. She likes to dress as though she has a professional career, fancy dinners out etc. but she has none of that. I also get the feeling she’s hanging on until she has a baby and she’ll disappear from social media forever.
Agree - I think she sees Joe as long term with marriage and babies.

I don’t know if she’s depressed, but her life seems pretty empty and boring (and therefore not inspirational). I think she probably has a bit of a shopping addiction and uses that to occupy herself.
I’ve been through a similar phase when I moved somewhere I didn’t know and had a baby, and I bought so many clothes for a life I didn’t have anymore, but once I met people and went back to work (ie developed other interests) that totally dropped off

Reactions: 6
Only so many photos of coffee and pastries I can deal with 🥱

• Haha
Imagine your life being so dull that you fawn over another iteration of a cream jumper when you already have 20 sleeping in your closet :cautious:

It doesn't really show in the screen capture but these jeans were vvvery tight across the crotch. No shame in sizing up!

IMG_9407.PNG

• Heart
Imagine your life being so dull that you fawn over another iteration of a cream jumper when you already have 20 sleeping in your closet :cautious:

It doesn't really show in the screen capture but these jeans were vvvery tight across the crotch. No shame in sizing up!

View attachment 239365
She also links to the jumper And it’s sold out... helpful🌝

• Haha
I'm so confused as to how she makes enough money to live the lifestyle she does - renting a two bed garden flat in a desirable area of London, constant shopping etc.

Her companies house page is quite interesting.... https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10699110/filing-history

Several compulsory strike off actions on there :oops: "In a process known as compulsory strike off, a third party such as Companies House will petition for the company to be removed from the register, typically for reasons of non-compliance. This may include: Failing to submit your annual confirmation statement (Form CS01) Failing to file accounts on time."

Seems like this girl can't even be bothered to run her "company" properly, so LAZY.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I had a little nosey (From a business perspective) I covet thee had net assets of 12K in 2018 and late to file accounts. Hello October net assets 172K in 2019 and 134k (2018)

It shows how much money is to be made, but she can't be paying herself much money if only 12K net assets. There is so much potential but sadly her channel is stagnated

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I'm so confused as to how she makes enough money to live the lifestyle she does - renting a two bed garden flat in a desirable area of London, constant shopping etc.
I think a lot of these influencers are actually in a ton of debt.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
i think the reason for her constant shopping is her constant weight gain. she has to buy new things if the clothes in her closet don’t fit her any more.

also, i have seen so many uk youtubers loving that first thick cream jumper. it is made of polyester and acrylic, in fact all the knitwear she bought are made of polyester and acrylic. horrible for environment.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.