Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If it is a tag with that sort of tie it can be looped round, so you can unloop it and I suppose she just stored the tag away. Can be very easily done, or if you had to cut the string you could easily add some new string and loop round the bag!

Reactions: 3
If it is a tag with that sort of tie it can be looped round, so you can unloop it and I suppose she just stored the tag away. Can be very easily done, or if you had to cut the string you could easily add some new string and loop round the bag!
This is true, but it feels a bit misleading. If someone was selling an item with tags still attached I'd assume it was unworn and unused. If she advertises it as "tags reattached" that's a different story.

Reactions: 11
This is true, but it feels a bit misleading. If someone was selling an item with tags still attached I'd assume it was unworn and unused. If she advertises it as "tags reattached" that's a different story.
This and the fact there’s proof of it leaving the house...multiple times. So, it’s not like she used it for photos in her flat.

Reactions: 7
I’m very perplexed by the tags on thing. She clearly says it’s a used bag and has wear... which is totally fine. But I’m just confused, in what universe is someone knowingly buying a used bag, but also wants the tags on it? The logic ... 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Looks like her recent depop reviews are more positive on the postage front than the last time she sold on their.

Reactions: 4
Looks like her recent depop reviews are more positive on the postage front than the last time she sold on their.
Was awful last time, I waited about a month for my items to arrive, she had listed one item as the wrong size and charged my £2/3 postage for each item but obviously sent all 3 together! Which I thought was a piss take!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Hate to be that person but, is she positively incapable of wearing something flattering?!?! Her most recent IG post looks like she cut legs into a burlap sack!

Reactions: 7
Hate to be that person but, is she positively incapable of wearing something flattering?!?! Her most recent IG post looks like she cut legs into a burlap sack!
I get that she went for a facial and probably wanted to be comfortable but those linen trousers are a big no.

I don’t want to sound ageist - and apologies if I do - but those trousers seem the kind a lady at least double her age would wear. They don’t suit her.

Reactions: 6
The beige and black linen pants look comfy, but that’s about it....
I’m not a fan of the super posed yet unposed photos when she’s casually on her phone or looking through her handbag at the cafe. You can see Joe taking the photos in the window reflection, and just know there was 20 photos taken to get the most perfectly casual one...

The beige and black linen pants look comfy, but that’s about it....
I’m not a fan of the super posed yet unposed photos when she’s casually on her phone or looking through her handbag at the cafe. You can see Joe taking the photos in the window reflection, and just know there was 20 photos taken to get the most perfectly casual one...
Totally agree. The fake casual photos are embarrassing!

Ugh she had to pick the most dated looking Bottega. Honestly, it looks like something my mom would’ve worn from that Brighton store that was around when I was a kid. Americans, you’ll probably remember!

788476D1-8DB5-4FF8-8620-7CAE0DAA36D3.png

Can't you organise for someone to collect your parcels from your home for you now? She could pay online, pack it all up and get it dispatched within 24 hours.

I think lockdown must have been tough on their relationship, i get the impression he might want out, but she wants to get married.

Both of them have gained a noticeable amount of weight - proof vegans can be unhealthy! Do we know of joe was vegan prior to living with Alix?

Guess we'll see!

Can't you organise for someone to collect your parcels from your home for you now? She could pay online, pack it all up and get it dispatched within 24 hours.

I think lockdown must have been tough on their relationship, i get the impression he might want out, but she wants to get married.

Both of them have gained a noticeable amount of weight - proof vegans can be unhealthy! Do we know of joe was vegan prior to living with Alix?

Guess we'll see!
Alix isn't vegan - she buys leather and uses animal tested products!

• Sad

Guess we'll see!
I noticed both of them had some sort of fitness tracker on their wrists too!

Reactions: 2
Alix isn't vegan - she buys leather and uses animal tested products!
Yeah i mean eating vegan.

It is upsetting to sew how casually influencer plant based eaters are about leather, feathers and urgh fur. The cosmetics and skincare are the worst, those were the first things i changed - well before my diet - as it was so easy. Why cause suffering if you don't have to? ??

Yeah i mean eating vegan.

It is upsetting to sew how casually influencer plant based eaters are about leather, feathers and urgh fur. The cosmetics and skincare are the worst, those were the first things i changed - well before my diet - as it was so easy. Why cause suffering if you don't have to? ??
Eating plant-based =/= vegan, and I hate that influencers call themselves vegan when they're still working with brands who test on animals and use their skin to make clothing. Veganism is a lifestyle not a diet.

It also grinds my gears that people like Alix say they're "trying to be more sustainable" (like she currently mentioned not working with Everlane anymore??) yet she continues working with brands like H&M. It makes no sense. It's so performative.

• Heart
Eating plant-based =/= vegan, and I hate that influencers call themselves vegan when they're still working with brands who test on animals and use their skin to make clothing. Veganism is a lifestyle not a diet.

It also grinds my gears that people like Alix say they're "trying to be more sustainable" (like she currently mentioned not working with Everlane anymore??) yet she continues working with brands like H&M. It makes no sense. It's so performative.
To be fair, I clearly recall her saying multiple times that she isn’t vegan and that she just follows a plant based diet? Ofc she talks about certain food and drink products being vegan and choosing vegan options which is maybe why people are confused.

I just struggle with why anyone would use toiletries, make up or household products that had torture to animals as part of their creation when there are duplicates available that didn't. Lots of omnivores of those that follow a typical diet do that, it is so easy. It breaks my heart that there isn't a boycott of the cruel products.

Reactions: 2
My friend is a QS and he earns around 65 grand a year, would that not be enough for that flat? He is not even in London, he is in Devon. Sorry, I have no idea about how much would a flat like their’s cost.
My brother in law earns over £100K a year, lives in a 2 bed garden flat in Finsbury Park where the rent is £1600 a month, a salary of £65K would cover that easily but not sure how much the extra bedroom is worth in Alix’s flat in a different location.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.